Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Could The Earful Tower Could Once Again be the Icon Of Hollywood Studios?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Could The Earful Tower Could Once Again be the Icon Of Hollywood Studios?

While looking around on the Disney Store today, I came across something very interesting. A new t-shirt has been released featuring what looks to be icons of a smartphone app. The t-shirt includes the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and a few other things. Each is represented by their usual icons except for Hollywood Studios which has the Earful Tower as its icon. Pretty quick change. Seems pretty interesting to me, thought I would share it.

Here's the Link to the Store:

Walt Disney World Icon Tee for Men | Tees, Tops & Shirts | Disney Store

Re: Could The Earful Tower Could Once Again be the Icon Of Hollywood Studios?

They have never been to consistent in the use of the hat or tower as the park icon. I often remember posts in discussions of the hat where someone would point out a new piece of merchandise that features the tower and used that as evidence that the hat was going away (which we now know is actually happening), but then someone else would chime in about another new piece of merch still using the hat.

Any merchandise coming out now was probably already in the pipeline before the final hat decision was made but as we get into next year it will be interesting to see what is used as the icon.

Comment

Other merchandise with the earful tower were on the website as well with no sign of the hat.

Comment

no, its an iconic structure yes, but unless its actually in the park or at least not on its outskirts it can never be a true icon, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by goofy donald View Post
          no, its an iconic structure yes, but unless its actually in the park or at least not on its outskirts it can never be a true icon, simple as that.
          Completely agree.

Comment

It doesn't make sense to have Earful Tower as the park icon any more if they are completely removing all aspects of a working production studio. The water tower was the studio symbol. I hope they move the hat lakeside and make way for a park with several icons, including the AT-AT.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X