Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Some Fastpass+ questions for April visit

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Some Fastpass+ questions for April visit

Hi Folks,
    I'm going crazy trying to find answers to some of my questions about Fastpass+ online, so I am hoping someone here can help me.... I'm an experienced DLR trip planner, but WDW has me intimidated. I'm the planner of the group- everyone else thinks I'm a nutjob, until we get to the park and walk on to the rides.... We will be at the parks early and ready at the rope drop.

Background: Going to WDW for the first time from 4/5 - 4/10 2015. 6 people: 4 adults, 2 kids. Staying at Shades of Green (SOG) which gives us EMH, but not the 60 day window for FP+. There wil be some things that at least one of the adults will not want to ride- ToT, for example- that we would likely get FP for. I have fibromyalgia and I just can't stand in line on the concrete for hours, so FP and careful planning is critical for me.

Questions:
    1. If FP are linked to the band or card, can we switch off? (Ie: can someone else in the party use my card to ride ToT twice since I'm not riding?)

2. If we link our MDE together, like for dining res purposes, will all of our FP be linked as well? Can we unlink FP res? (Ie: Mom can take the kids to a show on FP, while the other 3 adults use FP to ride something the kids don't want?)

3. Is it even possible to ride 7DMT as standby if we arrive early, early, early? I doubt we will be able to get FP for it. (I keep reading people say they got to the park first thing and the line was already 2 hrs. How is that happening?)

Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can offer!

Re: Some Fastpass+ questions for April visit

Originally posted by AnnieOakley72 View Post
    Questions:
    1. If FP are linked to the band or card, can we switch off? (Ie: can someone else in the party use my card to ride ToT twice since I'm not riding?)

2. If we link our MDE together, like for dining res purposes, will all of our FP be linked as well? Can we unlink FP res? (Ie: Mom can take the kids to a show on FP, while the other 3 adults use FP to ride something the kids don't want?)

3. Is it even possible to ride 7DMT as standby if we arrive early, early, early? I doubt we will be able to get FP for it. (I keep reading people say they got to the park first thing and the line was already 2 hrs. How is that happening?)

Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can offer!
    1) No. Each Band and or ticket requires a biometric fongerprint scan to enter the park or use FP. Each FP+ stays with that person.

2) I dont understand the reasoning behind this. You can book individual FP+ for each guest through out the day. Even if your tickets are all linked, it sould not effect your FP+ availabilty. However, I dont think I understand your question.

3) Yes. You must show up and go straight there. Other wise you are looking at an hour plus wait. Still worth it at 60 minute wait.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Sorry, couldn't get the quote right on my tab

1) No. Each Band and or ticket requires a biometric fongerprint scan to enter the park or use FP. Each FP+ stays with that person.

OK. I had heard about the fingerprint scan for entry, but I didn't know they scan your print for FP return too. Does that slow down the return line?

2) I dont understand the reasoning behind this. You can book individual FP+ for each guest through out the day. Even if your tickets are all linked, it sould not effect your FP+ availabilty. However, I dont think I understand your question.

LOL, I'm not sure Iunderstand my question either. A big part of the challenge is trying to understand the system by reading what's posted online. I Just wanted to make sure that if our tickets are linked with the other folks, my husband won't necessarily have to reserve with them for all FP- like, we might want to FP two rides with them, but do one other on our own. I know that we can get more in the park, I was just thinking in terms of the 30 day advance.

3) Yes. You must show up and go straight there. Other wise you are looking at an hour plus wait. Still worth it at 60 minute wait

Sounds good. We are used to being very early, ready right at the rope. 60min wait is pushing it for me physically. For some reason standing is far worse than walking. I do have ways to help keep me physically going while I visit the parks, but minimizing standing time is critical.

Thanks for the advice!!

Comment

OK. I had heard about the fingerprint scan for entry, but I didn't know they scan your print for FP return too. Does that slow down the return line?

LOL, I'm not sure Iunderstand my question either. A big part of the challenge is trying to understand the system by reading what's posted online. I Just wanted to make sure that if our tickets are linked with the other folks, my husband won't necessarily have to reserve with them for all FP- like, we might want to FP two rides with them, but do one other on our own. I know that we can get more in the park, I was just thinking in terms of the 30 day advance.

3) Yes. You must show up and go straight there. Other wise you are looking at an hour plus wait. Still worth it at 60 minute wait

Sounds good. We are used to being very early, ready right at the rope. 60min wait is pushing it for me physically. For some reason standing is far worse than walking. I do have ways to help keep me physically going while I visit the parks, but minimizing standing time is critical.

Thanks for the advice!!
        1) no its actually much faster from my experience.
        2) yup all customizable and independent

Comment

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post

3) Yes. You must show up and go straight there. Other wise you are looking at an hour plus wait. Still worth it at 60 minute wait.
          Incorrect... They do the band scan and fingerprint as you enter the park. They do not do it for actual fastpass admission to rides. Now if you were to have two fastpasses from two different people for say ToT then as long as you had both entered the park you could let someone else use your fastpass or magic band to use your spot for ToT. But that will not work if say you just gave someone your magic band and they had it in their pocket and then tried to use it to do a fastpass inside the park because the computer system wouldn't recognize the fastpass as being valid unless it had been associated with someone using it to enter the park.

Also you do not have to show up right at opening for the mine train. We have gone standby mid-afternoon with only a 90 minute wait, have seen it as only an hour wait in the late evening but not on every evening.

I'm also a bit confused by your linking question. You can link all your fastpasses together... but you do not have to have the same fastpasses for everyone in your group... by linking them to your account you simply become the person that will be able to make changes and things like that to everyones fastpasses... if you don't like someone in your group you could always delete their fastpasses... or give them fastpasses to something really lame while everyone else had the good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackster View Post
            Incorrect... They do the band scan and fingerprint as you enter the park. They do not do it for actual fastpass admission to rides. Now if you were to have two fastpasses from two different people for say ToT then as long as you had both entered the park you could let someone else use your fastpass or magic band to use your spot for ToT. But that will not work if say you just gave someone your magic band and they had it in their pocket and then tried to use it to do a fastpass inside the park because the computer system wouldn't recognize the fastpass as being valid unless it had been associated with someone using it to enter the park.
            Ok two things, one, you do have to scan your MB to utilize FP+. Make the Mickey turn green.

Two, I don't think Disney would be very happy with your MB switch off in the park, and I think they there are restrictions in place to keep guests from doing this. Not 100% sure, but it would be a good idea.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Actually no fingerprint scan on FP+ return, just a tap of your MB to a kiosk to turn the Mickey green. The scan is actually a biometric scan of different measurements of your finger tip that are turned into a code and stored in the system. Pretty interesting stuff.

Comment

Ok two things, one, you do have to scan your MB to utilize FP+. Make the Mickey turn green.

Two, I don't think Disney would be very happy with your MB switch off in the park, and I think they there are restrictions in place to keep guests from doing this. Not 100% sure, but it would be a good idea.

Yes you scan your magic band to get on FP rides, but not your finger. Disney doesn't care who uses the fastpass or they would have fingerprint scanners... or when they used the old paper system they would have matched them up with the ticket that was used to get them. We have done what the OP suggested with the old paper fastpasses because we had 2 in the family that didn't like fast rides and two that did... We would do the same thing with magic bands if it made sense. You aren't cheating any system when the number of fastpasses per group is limited, whether everying in a family of 4 or 8 use them at the same time or only 2 people use them to ride the same ride multiple times in a row nothing changes for Disney's perspective or even the perspective of the people in standby lines. Only the family members that gave up their fastpass are impacted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackster View Post
                  Yes you scan your magic band to get on FP rides, but not your finger. Disney doesn't care who uses the fastpass or they would have fingerprint scanners... or when they used the old paper system they would have matched them up with the ticket that was used to get them. We have done what the OP suggested with the old paper fastpasses because we had 2 in the family that didn't like fast rides and two that did... We would do the same thing with magic bands if it made sense. You aren't cheating any system when the number of fastpasses per group is limited, whether everying in a family of 4 or 8 use them at the same time or only 2 people use them to ride the same ride multiple times in a row nothing changes for Disney's perspective or even the perspective of the people in standby lines. Only the family members that gave up their fastpass are impacted.
                  I guess it makes sense. I just don't know why you would schedule a FP+ reservation for something someone doesn't like. With FP+ you can select individual experiences for each member of your party, so why would you have 4 FP+ reservations for a ride that only 2 people want to ride?

Comment

I guess it makes sense. I just don't know why you would schedule a FP+ reservation for something someone doesn't like. With FP+ you can select individual experiences for each member of your party, so why would you have 4 FP+ reservations for a ride that only 2 people want to ride?
                    if everyone in your group was old enough to go out on their own or you weren't going to stay together as a group I would agree. But often times you are a family that doesn't want to get lost from each other so you don't want to have half the group going to space mountain and the other going to jungle cruise.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X