Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
2 of 2 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

Parade/Show Fastpass Questions

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Parade/Show Fastpass Questions

We're gearing up for our first trip back to WDW in about 5 years, and trying to get a handle on the new fastpass system for parades and shows. Our trip is in mid-December and we logged on as early as we could to allocate fastpasses. One thing I really didn't want to miss was the Main Street Electrical Parade, but no fastpasses were available for it. Same for another parade that I can't think of the name of at the moment.

QUESTION: Does not snagging a fp for these parades mean we can't see them at all? Do fps just get you better seating, while non fp guests can try to catch a glimpse from afar? I just need to know whether to write these parades off completely, or bank on even the slight chance of seeing them from a less optimal vantage point.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Parade/Show Fastpass Questions

The FP+ for shows and parades are for special viewing areas. You can still see these without a FP+.

They are a waste IMHO, especially for late night shows as the keep you from being able to obtain additional FP's until after they are "used".

We spent 7 days there and never used our allotment for any shows, parades or fireworks and were able to obtain decent viewing spots for everything without FP+.

Comment

Just get a spot in Frontierland or on Main Street about an hour before the parade and you should have a great view as they start putting up the tape or ropes to sit behind. Frontierland has the best areas to sit in my honest opinion.

Both Electrical and Festival of Fantasy parades are worth seeing.

Comment

Megadisney, Timon'sGirl: Thank you!

I assumed these shows were like World of Color at DCA in Anaheim-- no fastpass, no see. I really want my kids to see these parades and was so disappointed when there were no fps left. It's great to know that we can still see these.

Comment

I think the only exception to this would be Fantasmic! at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

I would suggest a Fantasmic! Dining option for the show. We enjoyed Brown Derby for dinner then saw the show. There are several other options. It was a good deal!

Comment

Luckily we did get FastPasses for Fantasmic!

Comment

Many nights there are two showings of Fantasmic. On those nights if you are willing to go to the second showing, you DO NOT need a fast pass at all. Get there NO MORE then 30 minutes before showtime and you will still get an outstanding seat.

Comment

Originally posted by JungleBumCT View Post
                Megadisney, Timon'sGirl: Thank you!

I assumed these shows were like World of Color at DCA in Anaheim-- no fastpass, no see. I really want my kids to see these parades and was so disappointed when there were no fps left. It's great to know that we can still see these.
                Never use a fastpass for a show. And since your a DL regular and probably not used to the fastpass plus system, be aware of the following...

when you are in that 60 day window to make your selections do it asap. Things like the mine train or frozen meet and greet can run out of fastpasses very quickly... depending on the time you are going they may be gone in the first day they are available, so if you want one take it quickly.

When you select your rides you will get 3 or 4 computer selected options of them, don't worry much about what they are just take the earliest one you see. You can always swap them out after you have them all done to get times closer to what you really wanted.

Try to get them all as early as possible. You can do additional fastpasses, but only after you have used the initial 3 you selected... so if you have 2 that happen early in the morning and then 1 that happens in the evening you will not be able to get anymore until after that evening one is used or expires.... So sometimes it makes more sense not to waste a fastpass on a ride that isn't always that difficult to get on with an evening time. Pirates and Haunted Mansion are two that will often have very reasonable standby times in the evening.

If you are going to do any park hopping know that you cannot select a ride from a kiosk or phone app for a park that you are not actually physically in. We had that problem and even though we had dinner reservations in the other park prior to the time we were trying to get a fastpass for we could not get the fastpass even when we went to the CM in the park that we were physically in... they had no way to override that part of the system.

As for the Fantasmic, you don't need a fastpass if you go to the second show, and don't waste your money on the fantasmic dining deal, we've gone in the standby line and done the dining deal and honestly I don't think we got any better seats for the dining plan than we had using standby.... now don't get me wrong there are some seats on the ends that really suck, but unless you arrive way late you aren't likely to get stuck there.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X