Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

UPGRADE

The forums will be upgraded to the latest software version on 9/26/17 at 9:30pm PDT. The upgrade should only take a few minutes. During the upgrade you might experience errors, but they will go away once the upgrade is completed. This is not the upgrade/move we have been discussing for the past few months. This is just normal, minor maintenance. Thank you.
2 of 3 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
3 of 3 < >

Registration Policy

In order to eliminate SPAM, all new users must verify their email. Once the email address is verified, we make sure your IP address is not a VPN, proxy, or tor exit node. If you have tried to register and it was not approved, please send an email to administrator@micechat.com. We will try to resolve the issue and then you can try again. Thank you.
See more
See less

SO I'm moving to Tampa...AP question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] SO I'm moving to Tampa...AP question

For all you Florida residents out there, I was wondering if you feel that the AP is worth it? I'm moving to Tampa next month and was thinking of ordering one...also does it expire a year to issue date or on Jan 1?

which AP should I get? I love golfing(even though I suck) and I know we would love the water parks...

Do they all include free parking? just some questions that probably could easily be answered if I could comprehend Disney's website better..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Re: SO I'm moving to Tampa...AP question

Originally posted by ORD84 View Post
    For all you Florida residents out there, I was wondering if you feel that the AP is worth it? I'm moving to Tampa next month and was thinking of ordering one...also does it expire a year to issue date or on Jan 1?

which AP should I get? I love golfing(even though I suck) and I know we would love the water parks...

Do they all include free parking? just some questions that probably could easily be answered if I could comprehend Disney's website better..
    if you are living in tampa I would probably just get a golf membership over a disney golfing deal. there are lots of courses that could potentially be 5-10 minutes away from you that are hurting for members you could probably get in at for a steal over disney's prices and not have to drive an hour every time you want to hit the links. AP's I believe include free parking but check with PhF for that, he would know all the ins and outs.

Comment

You get free parking with the annual pass and premium annual pass... not for the other Florida passes but for the two top ones you do... Only the top one gives you the golf, it will cost about 130 more than the next one down.... but if you want the free water parks too you can only get that with the premium annual pass.... Even if you didn't golf I would suggest it simply for the water parks which are worth it, especially if you are on the Gulf side (the beachs on that side of Florida can be a bit nasty at times).

Comment

I am an annual pass holder and I live in Orlando, 25 miles from WDW. Tampa is about 70 miles from WDW and it will take you an hour and a half to get there. There are several different levels of APs. If you are going to go less than a dozen times per year then the $319 pass will do. If you go more than that then the $485 works better since it includes parking, which is $17 a day. I usually go 4 times a week, once to each park, so it is a hell of a bargain for me. If you love golfing and water parks then the $605 one is the best bet.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passes/

The passes start the first day you use one and expires a year later.

Comment

I am a Tampa AP. I have a seasonal pass, it has the summer/winter/spring black out dates and no free parking. It is by far the best deal for someone like me who does not like to go to the parks when it is crowded. It expires on the activation date, not Jan 1. I don't think any of the passes expire Jan 1.

I usually go to the parks at night, and the later it gets, the less likely I am to be charged for parking. I usually hand them my pass and they inform me there is no free parking for my pass, but since it is so late they just let me in. They have never made me pay at night.

You will get a MagicBand with your name on the back and a black passholders benifits card. The discounts are really great if you can remember to use your card. I forget to pull it out 70% of the time.

The water parks are fun but if I want to visit them, I will pay the one day admission fee, rather than tacking on an extra hundred bucks for the Water Parks and More upgrade.

To me, my seasonal pass is my key to the kingdom. Having access to the parks like that is really special to me.

Granted, now is not the best of times to be an AP. There is a lot of construction, which specifically ruins the MK hub at the moment. Polynesian is so walled off. Plus with all the new updates that are in the works and to be started, it looks like it might be like this for a while.
          Last edited by PlutoHasFleas; 11-21-2014, 03:42 PM.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

I live in Orlando, so I have the Premium Annual Pass. The down payment was $106, and the monthly payments are $44. I think it's a bargain, even though they don't give the same discounts they do with a DL annual passport.

Comment

Ok so it's sounding like the most basic ones don't include golf/water parks that maybe the deal breaker, seeing as a round of golf is like 100$ per person and last I checked the water parks are like 30$ a pop for the day...

at current prices it would take like 5 total trips to the parks and one round of golf and one trip to the water parks to pay for itself. You guys feel like that's a fair assessment? It's something I gotta talk to the boss about see what she says
              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
              -George S. Patton

Comment

Ok so it's sounding like the most basic ones don't include golf/water parks that maybe the deal breaker, seeing as a round of golf is like 100$ per person and last I checked the water parks are like 30$ a pop for the day...

at current prices it would take like 5 total trips to the parks and one round of golf and one trip to the water parks to pay for itself. You guys feel like that's a fair assessment? It's something I gotta talk to the boss about see what she says
                Yea but you have to think about driving. Are you going to want to drive an hour and a half before and after each round of golf? And the water parks? That's a long, soggy drive.

Also you get discounts on rooms as an AP, so I usually hit water parks and other entertainment outside of the parks when I stay there. Keep in mind the amount of money you save with your AP discounts.

It's super affordable if you do the down payment and the monthly.

I would rather pay the $30 per water park visit, and $100 per golf game. I don't do either anywhere close to how much I do the parks.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

Yeah I'm going to have to weigh the options see which works best for me. I'm used to driving an hour and 15 min no matter where I want to golf in Chicago either due to traffic or what have you. I'm not sure which would be best, as I figure it parking itself adds up eventually.

Depends how much I actually want to go to the parks and what have you, I was trying to see which pass everyone thought was best for their usage amounts. Thanks for the great opinions!

What do you guys get discounts on and like how much?
                  -George S. Patton

Comment

Resort stays, dining, merchandise, you name it. I'm not exactly sure but I believe its is 10 or 15% off food and merch, and rooms are specially priced. Most of the time however, the Florida resident offers are better than the AP discounts.

The one place that I know you can not use your discount is at any food cart. Full price Mickey bars.
                    Last edited by PlutoHasFleas; 11-22-2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

I live in the Tampa Bay area and have had a Disney AP various years. It's worth it even if you just go once a month. And the monthly payment plan is nice if you don't have $300-$400 to drop on a pass all at once. Price of course depends on what level of pass you get. You can look here to see all the different pass levels and what they include:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fl...older-program/

When I first got an AP, I was going almost every weekend. It's around an hour one way from Tampa to WDW, depending on traffic and how close you live to to I-275 & I-4 and right now 275 is a mess with a whole bunch construction going on. Oh and rush hour traffic in Tampa both in the morning and afternoon can be brutal. Afternoon rush starts around 3pm and goes til close to 7pm. I used to work in downtown Tampa and it was a nightmare sometimes (but was a nice head start when I was going to WDW after work on a Friday to stay overnight & hit the parks on Saturday since where I worked was right by the highway). I started getting burned out going every weekend though and took it down to every 2-3 weeks. The last couple years I had an AP, I just went once a month (usually just a day trip but occasional overnight stays for 1 or 2 nights to make it a long weekend of sorts). Considering a one day park admission costs $99, if you go just 4 times while you get your money's worth (more or less).

Oh and the pass is good for 1 year from the date activated. So say you first use your pass March 23. It'll be good through March 23 the following year.

As for hotel discounts, if you have an AP and your own car, I'd say skip staying on property if you're going for a few days and stay at off-site at one of the many less expensive hotels nearby, especially if you only plan on being in the room to sleep. That's what I've done. I have a regular hotel I like to stay at that's just around the corner from Downtown Disney (uhh... Disney Springs) that's clean, has friendly staff and is affordable.

Dining discounts are only for the table service restaurants (and even then, not all of them). No discount on counter service or vending carts. Merchandise discount is only 10% no matter what level pass you get (Premium level used to get 15% or 20% but they changed it to 10% a year or 2 ago, to MANY complaints from Premium passholders). When you get your pass, you'll get a little booklet that breaks down and details every single discount the pass is eligible for.

Over all though, getting a AP is worth it though.

Comment

ok sounds like step one is getting my plates and DL this will probably be my step two...still flipping between the premium pass and the blackout date one, because sounds like i can get the full value out of either one...
                        -George S. Patton

Comment

ok sounds like step one is getting my plates and DL this will probably be my step two...still flipping between the premium pass and the blackout date one, because sounds like i can get the full value out of either one...
                          Let me also offer this piece of advice. You can alway upgrade your pass. I suggest the seasonal pass to start with, and if you find that you are not getting enough out of your pass, upgrade it. I think that way you can try out the seasonal pass, and if you want some extra perks, upgrade. It's very easy to upgrade your pass.

Comment

oH THAT'S awesome...didn't know that I could update my pass at a later date, that is helpful...I'm guessing it still expires on same date of issue then?
                            -George S. Patton

Comment

I'm guessing it still expires on same date of issue then?
                              Yes. The AP expires on the original date of purchase, not the date of the upgrade.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X