• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SanDiegoAl
    MiceChatter

• Jan 2007

[Question] FastPass+ Question

We will be at Disney World in Mid March 18-21 (during spring break) and I am wondering if this tip will hold true during moderate/high crowd times:

"Get fast passes for the morning, so you can get more after your initial 3."

I think this may be good for the Magic Kingdom, but what about the other parks that don't have as many rides?

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance...
    sigpic
  • PlutoHasFleas
    Kingdom Keeper
    • May 2013

Re: FastPass+ Question

Originally posted by SanDiegoAl View Post
    We will be at Disney World in Mid March 18-21 (during spring break) and I am wondering if this tip will hold true during moderate/high crowd times:

I think this may be good for the Magic Kingdom, but what about the other parks that don't have as many rides?

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance...
    I would show up 45 minutes before rope drop and hit the headliners w/o FastPass+ in the first hour. Book your initial FP+ reservations for 11am-7pm, when the crowds are at their heaviest. Once you use your initial 3, you will be able to book what is called a "rolling FastPass" which is one FP+ at a time. This advice is good for all the parks.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

• Imagineer Meg
      • Dec 2010

I completely agree with the above. We were there this past week (heaviest crowds) and had booked all our FP+ reservations for early in the day. The standby lines weren't that long when we were using them, and by the time we could reserve new FP+, there were no more options, and we were stuck waiting in standby lines for the rest of the day. Take advantage of the lower crowds early in the morning, and save FP+ reservations for later in the day.

Comment

• SanDiegoAl
        MiceChatter

• Jan 2007

One more question. At Epcot that has tiered FP+, after I use my 3 FP+, can I get another Tier 1 FP+? Also, is the Illuminations FP+ worth it? Is it located at a good spot like World showcase plaza?
        sigpic

Comment

• PlutoHasFleas
          Kingdom Keeper
          • May 2013

One more question. At Epcot that has tiered FP+, after I use my 3 FP+, can I get another Tier 1 FP+? Also, is the Illuminations FP+ worth it? Is it located at a good spot like World showcase plaza?
          Once your first 3 FP+ reservations are used, you may book a rolling FP for any available attraction in the park.

A FP+ for Illuminations, along with most parade and fireworks FP+ reservations is a waste. The World Showcase lagoon is big enough to get a good vantage point from many locations in the park. Be sure to show up 20-30 minutes before the start of the show to get a really great spot.

I have seen Illuminations many times, in crowds and with out them and I can tell you, there is always a good vantage point.

Approximately 1.2% of the posts in the Walt Disney World Resort MiceChat forum have been contributed by PlutoHasFleas

Comment

• maddogjoe
            MiceChatter
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
            I would show up 45 minutes before rope drop and hit the headliners w/o FastPass+ in the first hour. Book your initial FP+ reservations for 11am-7pm, when the crowds are at their heaviest. Once you use your initial 3, you will be able to book what is called a "rolling FastPass" which is one FP+ at a time. This advice is good for all the parks.
            A couple of caveats here.... If your hoping to hit 7 dwarves run like crazy at rope drop! We walked just to see how the line looked by the time we got there and it was already down by dumbo.

Also we used our 3 fast passes and none in my party could get any more. Iphones crashed or wouldn't load and the android would load but you could never finish the process as it would lock up or crash.

This was just a few weeks ago, hopefully they get it fixed.

Comment

• PlutoHasFleas
              Kingdom Keeper
              • May 2013

Originally posted by maddogjoe View Post
              A couple of caveats here.... If your hoping to hit 7 dwarves run like crazy at rope drop! We walked just to see how the line looked by the time we got there and it was already down by dumbo.
              If you want to ride 7DMT, schedule it for the last thing you do. I mean the last thing you do. If the park closes at 12pm, plan get in line for 7DMT at 11:55 without a FastPass. You will zip through the interactive queue in about 20 minutes.

Also we used our 3 fast passes and none in my party could get any more. Iphones crashed or wouldn't load and the android would load but you could never finish the process as it would lock up or crash.
              Once your initial 3 FP+ reservations are up you will have the most luck booking a rolling FP for available attractions via the in park kiosks, not the MDE app.

This was just a few weeks ago, hopefully they get it fixed.
              I hope you had a great trip!

Comment

• MegaDisney
                Banned User
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by PlutoHasFleas View Post
                Once your initial 3 FP+ reservations are up you will have the most luck booking a rolling FP for available attractions via the in park kiosks, not the MDE app.
                When did they start allowing you to book additional FP via the app? Once we used our three FP+ we were only able to get FP via the kiosks. I confirmed with a CM that this was the only way to get additional FP. When did this change?

Comment

• PlutoHasFleas
                  Kingdom Keeper
                  • May 2013

Originally posted by MegaDisney View Post
                  When did they start allowing you to book additional FP via the app? Once we used our three FP+ we were only able to get FP via the kiosks. I confirmed with a CM that this was the only way to get additional FP. When did this change?
                  You are correct. Like I said, "via the in park kiosks, not the MDE app."

Comment

• Mackster
                    Banned User
                    • Oct 2013

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance...
                    First question is do you want to ride the mine train or do the frozen meet and greet... if you do then be ready to log on and sign up for them as soon as your window opens up... They tend to run out faster than you would expect, last fall we scheduled a last minute trip about 45 days in advance and they were already gone.

When you do sign up just jump on the first option their computer gives you and then after you've gotten your 3 / day locked in you can go back and try to move them around. Don't just click on their site to let it give you another few possible options because it will almost always try to leave quite a bit of time between rides and if you are trying to maximize the fastpasses you'll be able to bunch them up more on your own than their system will ever do.

Understand that if you are going to park hop that you can only get a fast pass from a kiosk or by using your phone if you have already physically entered the park you want the fast pass for... so if you start your day in MK and plan on going to EPCOT in the evening, even though you have used your 3 MK fastpasses and even if you have a dinner reservation in EPCOT for the evening you will have to actually ticket in to EPCOT before you can get any fastpasses there.

As for the other parks... when we were there last fall fastpasses for Hollywood Studio, Star War, Rock'n Roll Rollercoast and Midway Mania were the only ones that warranted a fastpass... Tower of Terror wasn't much of a line... In EPCOT I think the only two that will matter are Soar'n and Test Track, Mission Space gets crowded but if you hit it when the park opens it is pretty much a walk on because most people running for rides will be going to Test Track and Soar'n... Oh if you like Nemo and want to do it in the afternoon it does get crowded at that time, but will likely be near walk on in the early morning or late in the day.

Can't help you with Animal Kingdom at all we haven't wasted any time there in several years because the only ride worth riding is Everest... not even sure if you could find 3 ride worth a fast pass in that park if you had too.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X