This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best WDW Secret!!!!!

Hey...Here you can post your best WDW secret that you know!!!

Okay, here goes nuttin'. If you are caught at the front gate to Disney's Animnal Kingdom (DAK), just find your way thru the back of the Rainforest Cafe. Here you will find another gate to the park that usually has no wait to get in!!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Secret rainforest entry

I can confirm this! I was going with the LAT Deb to Rainforest for lunch after a morning at DAK, and we went through the exit and re-entered at this gate.

As for other secrets, I wish i knew more

Comment

I don't know if this is truly the type of secret you were looking for, but when exiting the Haunted Mansion, there is a wedding ring embedded in the sidewalk that coincides with the storyline of "the bride" throwing it from the window.

Aaron

Here is an image of the ring:

Last edited by buzz lightbeer; 01-15-2005, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Check out the DYK thread for more info on this secret...I will post some there.

That's exactly the sort of secrets I created this thread for. Just to teach people about the little things that might be missed when at WDW!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by buzz lightbeer
          I don't know if this is truly the type of secret you were looking for, but when exiting the Haunted Mansion, there is a wedding ring embedded in the sidewalk that coincides with the storyline of "the bride" throwing it from the window.

Aaron

Here is an image of the ring:

If I'm not mistaken, that 'ring' is just a holder for when they close the gates, but I could be wrong.
          ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

Originally posted by testtrack321
            If I'm not mistaken, that 'ring' is just a holder for when they close the gates, but I could be wrong.
            That is definitely too small to hold any gate shut. I don't think it would even fit around my pinky. Plus, if you ask (or beg in our case) nicely a Haunted Mansion cast member, they will point this out to you as the ring the bride threw out the window.

Comment

Its actually one of the original poles that were there when the HM opened. When they cut it off, they sliced it right at the ground, then when some maintenance men came out to pull the stub out of the ground they broke part of a screwdriver into the ground...This is what makes the Stud part of the ring. In the following months GR's at the MK were flooded with inquiries about the "ring" so they decided to keep it!!!!!

Comment

You know how you get that movie feeling when you walk into MK. Yea, me too!!!!! Thats because MK was designed to be like a movie. When you walk down main street be sure to notice the windows, they are adorned with the names of imagineers and others who helped in the building of MK. These are the movies opening credits, also be sure to look at the color of the sidewalk down Main Street. Ever had the feeling that you were walking down the red carpet. Well, that how they designed it. Its there to make you feel like the star of the show that we like to call the MK!!!!!

Oh, and be sure to check out the first line of the closing credits. Its Walt Disney's window located right above the ice cream shop!!! Here's a pic of it!!!!

Comment

Here's another secret of WDW:

When going into Muppetvision 3D be sure to look for a door in the queue that says Security Office. Be sure to look for the note on the door that says "Out Lunch, Key Under Mat". Look under the mat to find an actual key embedded in the carpet!!!

I just love the attention to detail on WDW attractions!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyKyle
                    You know how you get that movie feeling when you walk into MK. Yea, me too!!!!! Thats because MK was designed to be like a movie. When you walk down main street be sure to notice the windows, they are adorned with the names of imagineers and others who helped in the building of MK. These are the movies opening credits, also be sure to look at the color of the sidewalk down Main Street. Ever had the feeling that you were walking down the red carpet. Well, that how they designed it. Its there to make you feel like the star of the show that we like to call the MK!!!!!

Oh, and be sure to check out the first line of the closing credits. Its Walt Disney's window located right above the ice cream shop!!! Here's a pic of it!!!!

To add to that, the train station was placed the way it was to act like a berm, preventing you from seeing the show until you were actually in the park, like not seeing the show until you were inside the theatre.

From the outside of the station, you cannot really see anything that lies beyond. Then as you pass below the station the whole mainstreet world and castle opens to you.

Cool huh?

Duck!

Comment

thanks for the addition Kelly!!!!!

Comment

I now have one hundred posts!!!!! YAY!!!!

Comment

wow, you are busy!

Duck!

Comment

Yep, I am just trying to get people excited about WDW!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyKyle
                              Yep, I am just trying to get people excited about WDW!!!!!
                              I know the feeling! I love to get people excited about going too! Right now, I am in the NE finishing my degree and I love to tell people how cheap it can be to go to Florida with good planning. It is amazing that people think it is so expensive. I mean, do not get me wrong, it is not cheap, but a family of four can go for 4-5 nights for under 2K easily.

I was amazed when I found out that the average family of 4 will save for up to 7 years for a vacation to WDW.

Glad to find someone as excited as me !

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X