Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry to be the hundredth person to ask...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to be the hundredth person to ask...

...BUT, I am planning my first ever trip to WDW and I would like some opinions on good times of year to go. I am hoping to book something for early November. I'm not terribly concerned about weather, but crowds do concern me somewhat. This trip would have to take place after summer.

Also, what moderate resorts do you think are best? Any good ways to get discounts on those hotel rooms?

Thanks and I apologize again for bringing up a topic that has probably been brought far too many times here.
    Knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle. (LOVE LIVE CAPTAIN MIKEY!)

Re: Sorry to be the hundredth person to ask...

Well I have been down during all months but March. I love the fall and spring best not to hot not to cool. Late October early November is a wonderful time to go. Concider staying on property and getting a length of stay pass to take advantage of the magic hours. On the nights with the 3 hours extra you can do and see so much more during this time of year due to lighter crowds. Also a plus if you go during Mid October thru earlie November Because EPCOT has the Internationa Food and Wine Festivle. While crowds can be more during it , it is great fun to try the Foods and such from all around the world.

Also if hotel price is a concern try staying at the All Star Resorts Music, Sports, Movies. Lower prices and still just as fun. My family and I stayed at The All Star Music last October and had a wonderful time there. For all our prior trips we had stayed off property after last year all out trips will be on property from here on out.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
    sigpic

Comment

Best time is October and early November.

Second best time is April and May.

Worst time is August and September.

Comment

French Quarter is the best moderate in my opinion. Small enough to be convenient, and gorgeous enough to seem like you're getting a deal. Try mousesavers.com for any discount info.
        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Late Oct. and early Nov. is the best time to go. Little crowds, great weather. and the Food and Wine Festival is great. My favorite moderate resort is Port Orleans. The boat to DTD is nice and Bostwright's is great for Breakfast. I've heard lunch and dinner are good too.
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the opinions so far. I'm glad to know that November is a good time.

I'm waiting till pretty close to the trip to book a hotel. It seems like in off-season the deals don't come around till the last minute.

What do you all think of the Lake Buena Vista hotels (on WDW property)?
            Knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle. (LOVE LIVE CAPTAIN MIKEY!)

Comment

I have a question too...

Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside - which is better??

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySarah
                I have a question too...

Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside - which is better??
                Neither. Treat yourself to a better resort experience at WDW.... Go for the Animal Kingdom Lodge or the Wilderness Lodge.

Comment

Don't go in August. Beware the groove in August. Too hot. Beware!

Comment

I would recommend French Quarter over Riverside. And whenever I've researched this in chat rooms most people seem to agree on this. FQ is a smaller campus overall, so no matter where you are it's not a long walk to the bus platform. The boat ride to Downtown Disney is a nice bonus. It was also very recently remodeled. It's pretty quiet. We stayed there in November 2004 and had a wonderful experience. The bus route is fairly short, you don't make alot of stops at other places.
                    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
                    --John Lasseter

Comment

I'm agreeing with the November time - excellent weather and not too huge crowds. The World Showcase in Epcot will be a bit more crowded because of the Food & Wine Festival, but it's really a fun event to participate in. As the date gets closer check around online for the entertainment schedule during the F&W - some great bands from the recent and not so recent past play for 3 or 4 days each in Epcot.

As to moderate resorts, it seems to me that it's about evenly split between them - everyone has their favorites. At Port Orleans, I'd go for Riverside mansions - very regal feeling. But my fav moderate is by far the Coronado Springs. Very nice southwestern theming with buildings surrounding 15 acre Lago Dorado, a great food court and more or less central location to the parks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X