This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magical Express

Having only used Mears Shuttle on trips to WDW, I was looking for advice, opinions, etc regarding this service....

Thanks in advance.

Re: Magical Express

Mears is actually the company running the Magical Express shuttle in agreement with Disney as far as I know. Don't let the big fancy busses fool you into thinking this is only a Disney venture. While I have never used their services since I live only mere minutes from WDW... most people I have heard from seem satisfied with the service. You should try it once and decide for yourself.

Comment

DME is a fantastic service. When you arrive at Orlando & go to the DME counter, there will be a line. However, the line moves incredibly fast & soon you'll be directed to a waiting area. In total, we spent about 20 minutes at the airport (much less than Mears). The bus ride was very fast & comfortable. When we got to the resort, we got a room right away (so I wasn't expecting the baggage to be there). But lo and behold, all the luggage was waiting for us in our room. The service is great & I'd recommend it to everyone. Do note though that if you get a room right away the baggage might not be there yet (they guarantee it in X amount of hours (I think 3)).
      “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

-AmandasDad

Comment

We used it in early Feb and it was great. A bit of a wait at the airport for more passengers but it was comfy and easy. Very well orchestrated.

There is also the added benefit of making it feel like you're already enjoying the resort experience before you've even left the airport.
          -AmandasDad

Comment

I arrive around midnight, while I don't think crowds will be a problem, now I am worried I won't find anyone there to meet me!

Comment

I have a question too, since i'm using this service when i go in june. What if you arrive at the resort before check in time? Do they make you wait around before you can get a room? Or do they still give you your tickets so you can get right out and okay? Also what happens to your luggage before check in time?

Click the banner! ^^^^
              Follow us on Twitter
              @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
              Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

If you're there before check-in time and they have a room ready for you, they'll give it to you. As for tickets, I don't believe that has anything to do with getting your rooms (so you should be able to get your tickets and have fun while waiting for the room). As for the luggage, if the room is not ready yet, they'll keep it in the baggage location until it's ready (and then the bellhop will move it to the room).
                “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Comment

We used it twice, once in November and once in February and it was great both times. In Nov it was not very busy so we did have to wait a little for more people, in Feb there was a line but that went fast. I would say it works pretty well and no lugging your luggage around!!
                  I love Dumbo!!

Comment

Just to add to what askmike1 said: If you have a package (ie tickets and room) you'll get that when you check in, and it'll be all encoded for your room as well as admission, but if there isn't a room ready, they'll give you a number to call back and check for your number, so you don't have to stand in the check in line again.

And if you hav carry-on bags that don't go through DME (which should have whatever you need for the first day and potentially night if you are arriving late) - you can leave that with Bell Services and call them when you get to your room to have them bring it up. You DO have to be in your room for that, I believe.

I really liked DME, and have used it twice. Once I was one of the first on the bus and had to wait for others to 'fill up' the bus -- the other I was the last one to get on. The second is much nicer, but it wasn't an excrutiatingly long wait.

Comment

I have to say we used this last October and it was wonderful. We where at the airport lest than 10 as fast as we could get to the lines we where gone (we where put on the very first bus that arrived. Our bags arrived shortly after we did. I have only the best to say about this service. If you are staying on property I deffinetly recommend it.
                      Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
                      sigpic

Comment

No, I am a dissenter. I did not like DME.
                        Slow, not efficient. Not worth it once it is not free...but it saves me $80.

Comment

I used the old Mears service and the new Magical Express run by Mears. The Magical Express service was faster!

Definitely an improvement!
                          Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

I love DME...though I agree I may change my opinion once it stops being free, but that depends on the price they decide on.
                            -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                            I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

It's a wonderful service. I live in SoFla, so I usually drive to WDW.But I had a chance to use the service last fall and it was quick, easy and convenient.

I would pay for it if I ever flew in to MCO. Of course, that's provided Disney keeps it at a fair price point.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X