Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

    Welcome to the new Reflections of Earth, presented by Siemens. What's different? Well, the Inferno has been back, new awesome lighting, and wow, the Globe on Spaceship Earth is back with some changes... some really good and really bad photos are attached. (The "holy crap" I think speaks for itself. I mean, it looks like the American Adventure has turned into what the Orbitorn was supposed to be. lol Anyway, at the end of the show, these two giant spots turn on. (On top of the American Adventure) And then after the show, a laser from American Adventure is aimed at Spaceship Earth to create the globe that some of us all remember from long ago. (The spinning one) It's not just the globe though, it also displays text that says "ILLUMINATIONS... Presented By... SIEMENS" It's not displayed for long enough, but it's pretty darn awesome. Just FYI, they plan to move the opening comet to a new air launch location from the roof of the American Gardens Theater and put a new air launch on one of the fountain barges. (They don't want to have the inferno barge blow up again I guess? lol)

    A little off topic, but still interesting, I heard someone saying the new show for the 25th is called "Illuminations: Sky Dance." Not sure who it was, but it seemed like it was someone official. lol So that's the working title we have. Interesting name.

    Anyway, that's the latest news from the world of Illuminations...

    Enjoy the photos, and sorry about the quality. It's me without a tripod and I had to edit some to make them clear.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

    Wow, maybe next weekend I might venture over after class saturday....

    Mom, you see this, katie, we are going. Lol

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

      You know what is funny? And so not politically correct... but I thought it would be great if lasers came out of the American Adventure and started blowing up the other countries. Have an inferno barge behind each country and use fireworks to make it look like the USA was blowing all the other countries up. Not politically correct, but it would be cool. That's what these pictures remind me of. lol. I guess Remember: Dreams Come True is the closest we'll ever get to a laser coming out of something and blowing the stuff around it up. Oh well. lol I still think it would look awesome.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

        The barge is nicknames the WWIII barge right... Lol

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

          The Inferno Barge and the WWIII Barge are both correct names for that barge.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

            Those two lasers coming out of AA look positivily cool. Are these permenant effects or are they just testing effects?
            “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

              Not even sure if they're actually lasers... I think they're high powered spots.

              Not sure if they're permanent either, but I hope so.

              In person I'm not sure if they're as bright as they appear in these photos... now that I look back, I can't believe them being that bright. But maybe they were? It's still a great effect though.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

                Also, how long before the show did the torches turn on. They usually go on about 20 minutes before RoE starts, but for the past few months (in order to cover part of the cost of fixing the barge) they've turned on 5 minutes before the show & did not come back on after the show was over. I'm just curious.
                “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

                  They will probably use the effects for the rumoured new "Sky Dance" version of Illuminations

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

                    Originally posted by askmike1
                    Also, how long before the show did the torches turn on. They usually go on about 20 minutes before RoE starts, but for the past few months (in order to cover part of the cost of fixing the barge) they've turned on 5 minutes before the show & did not come back on after the show was over. I'm just curious.
                    2.5 minutes. And that is the standard now. That was not just to save money for the inferno barge, that was a permanent change.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

                      So how long does the globe and Seimans logo display? Is it well into the post-show music like before? And based on your pictures, I agree with you - the lights by AA are just that, and not lasers. Can't wait to see it all!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

                        It displays for about 5 min after the show. And those lights from AA are high powered lights... and the pics make them look better than they actually are... at least I think so. But I had to enhance the photos to give you the idea of what it looks like.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

                          Originally posted by danyoung
                          he lights by AA are just that, and not lasers.
                          Actually, now that I think of it, I remember a similar effect being used when I went this past summer (can't remember if it happened just July 4th or everyday). Same type of lights & same colors, only they were in the area between Future World & WS and not over the AA.
                          “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

                            Originally posted by Bill
                            Welcome to the new Reflections of Earth, presented by Siemens. What's different? Well, the Inferno has been back, new awesome lighting, and wow, the Globe on Spaceship Earth is back with some changes... some really good and really bad photos are attached. (The "holy crap" I think speaks for itself. I mean, it looks like the American Adventure has turned into what the Orbitorn was supposed to be. lol Anyway, at the end of the show, these two giant spots turn on. (On top of the American Adventure) And then after the show, a laser from American Adventure is aimed at Spaceship Earth to create the globe that some of us all remember from long ago. (The spinning one) It's not just the globe though, it also displays text that says "ILLUMINATIONS... Presented By... SIEMENS" It's not displayed for long enough, but it's pretty darn awesome. Just FYI, they plan to move the opening comet to a new air launch location from the roof of the American Gardens Theater and put a new air launch on one of the fountain barges. (They don't want to have the inferno barge blow up again I guess? lol)

                            A little off topic, but still interesting, I heard someone saying the new show for the 25th is called "Illuminations: Sky Dance." Not sure who it was, but it seemed like it was someone official. lol So that's the working title we have. Interesting name.

                            Anyway, that's the latest news from the world of Illuminations...

                            Enjoy the photos, and sorry about the quality. It's me without a tripod and I had to edit some to make them clear.
                            This is too funny! I think we must have stood right next to eachother last night during Illuminations(from your photos it sure looks that way)---I just reported this same exact story on WDWMAGIC last night!

                            See for yourself:
                            http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=70770



                            *PS- Do you mind if I post a few of your photos (giving you credit, ofcourse) on the wdwmagic forums?
                            Last edited by imagineersrock; 02-20-2006, 07:41 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Illuminations: Reflections of Earth Changes: with "holy crap" photos!!

                              Wow, you posted it before me. lol. By a few hours. That is too great. Yeah, you can post the photos there, just give credit to Bill from Mice Chat. That's too funny that we must have been right next to each other. Wow, I wish I knew what you looked like, cause then I'd probably see you again in the parks. lol Next time if you see me, say hi.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X