This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misson:Space 2 ??????????????

well screamscape.com says that it is possible for a Misson:Space 2 to come to Epcot in the late 2008 or early 2009 anyone else heard of this rumor??

Originally posted by stitch'sgreatescape101
    well screamscape.com says that it is possible for a Misson:Space 2 to come to Epcot in the late 2008 or early 2009 anyone else heard of this rumor??
    It's possible just like it's possible for Star Tours to create a new film.

Ok, here's the drift. If Mission:Space's popularity wanes in the coming years, Disney can and will probably change the film since all of it is CGI, and they'll probably get Gary back to do the narrations again. Notice how the destination is never revieled until you get into the second pre-show?
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

Originally posted by testtrack321
      It's possible just like it's possible for Star Tours to create a new film.

Ok, here's the drift. If Mission:Space's popularity wanes in the coming years, Disney can and will probably change the film since all of it is CGI, and they'll probably get Gary back to do the narrations again. Notice how the destination is never revieled until you get into the second pre-show?

Plus they won't have to negotiate with a 3rd party who owns crucial IP (i.e. George Lucas or Steven Spielberg).

Comment

It could be worse... a movie tie... Mission: Starwars... Blast off to the galaxy of starwars...

As stated before.... All the ride would change is the speed & destination by changing the movig and certine things.... it would take about a few months to reporgram at night....

Comment

I think that M:S will still be really popular in the coming years. I don't think will want it changed. I mean I don't.
          Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
          Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

Comment

Mission: SPACE is set up so that it would never have to close to change the ride film. They can simply change out one centrifuge at a time while the other 3 are open. I don't see it happening until at least 2010, though. I'm sure they made it to not need to be modified for about 10 years, and even then, modifications would be easy enough to generate.
            -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
            I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't think this means that misson:space will change the film just make a 2nd ride.

Comment

Frankly, I don't see why Disney didn't program four different experiences in the different centrifuges to begin with. While I enjoy MS, I feel that -- much like any simulator ride -- it will lose its reridability with me, the more I ride.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X