X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look, did Disneyland get anything when WDWD had its 25th anniversary? No
    So why should WDW get more of the good stuff when the word is"50"
    Only Disneyland is turnin 50. When WDW turns 50, then they could get all these things but it seems that they wanna help in opening the presents of DL as well. The commerial they have on the theme parks website mostly focuses on the attractions coming to WDW and whenever they refer to the 50th, they alawys focus on WDW'S, not Disneyland. WDW is stealing Disneyland's celebration because they are getting much better things when it is rightfully Disneyland's.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Hmm.. When WDW turns 50 in a little bit.. watch DL have some promotions to send people to it.. lets just say.. WDC felt like a world wide celebration???

Though DL did get the better parade...

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
        WDW is stealing Disneyland's celebration because they are getting much better things when it is rightfully Disneyland's.
        I agree that WDW seems to be stealing the celebration ( ), but all in all, I'm happy with what Disneyland is getting. Besides a minor exception with Buzz, all the attractions/rehabs/enhancements are ORIGINAL! This is where WDW fails this year. LMAX, Soarin', Cindy, and Lucky are all clones which is not what WDW needs.
        BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
        I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Comment

Two quick thoughts:
          Disney pretty much has the country split up. On the West half, they market Disneyland, and on the Eastern half, they market Disney World. Disneyland couldn't support all of the WDW guests showing up at Disneyland for the 50th anyway. Therefore, it is easier and more practical to allow people to celebrate in either of the Magic Kingdoms.

Regarding WDW getting rides for the 50th, they aren't even getting one ride for each park. It is such a huge resort and needs so much TLC and could really use some new attractions. I'm not concerned at all about how the 50th has been marketed. At least everyone knows that Disneyland is having a Birthday.

If they had held Disneyland's birthday only at WDW, then I'd be upset.
          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
          Save

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung
            Obviously, from the wealth of contributions on this subject both here and on other sites, quite a few people give a flip.
            But it's not like Universal and Six Flags put out flyers saying "While you're going to Disneyland for the 50th, come here too and enjoy our Other Park's 50th Discounts."

It's still Disney. It's the same company.

I a lot of people are posting on this issue. But a lot of people have irrational opinions of inconsequential subjects. Coincidence?

EDIT: Jspider has pretty much summed up what I was suspecting. There's a lot of latent jealousy from west coast Disney fans about WDW getting so much marketing budget and being treated like the favorite son because it has land to build stuff and didn't get screwed over by 10 years of Pressler micromanagement. This anger is now starting to seep out now that everyone has something they can collectively attack, ie the 50th commercials.

But it's just the same thing as the East Coatsers and their Mountain Envy about the Matterhorn (which Everest will hopefully put to rest for good.) It's stupid and not worth the effort of complaining about. In 10 years, nobody will remember the DL 50th newspaper ad that talked about WDW promotions.

Comment

Right. It's all the same company. All we see here in Vegas are Disneyland commercials, lot's of them I might add. The newest commercial showing Buzz and Block Party.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania
                But it's not like Universal and Six Flags put out flyers saying "While you're going to Disneyland for the 50th, come here too and enjoy our Other Park's 50th Discounts."

It's still Disney. It's the same company.

I a lot of people are posting on this issue. But a lot of people have irrational opinions of inconsequential subjects. Coincidence?

EDIT: Jspider has pretty much summed up what I was suspecting. There's a lot of latent jealousy from west coast Disney fans about WDW getting so much marketing budget and being treated like the favorite son because it has land to build stuff and didn't get screwed over by 10 years of Pressler micromanagement. This anger is now starting to seep out now that everyone has something they can collectively attack, ie the 50th commercials.

But it's just the same thing as the East Coatsers and their Mountain Envy about the Matterhorn (which Everest will hopefully put to rest for good.) It's stupid and not worth the effort of complaining about. In 10 years, nobody will remember the DL 50th newspaper ad that talked about WDW promotions.
                hey now :P I am envyous of nothing, I have no problem with the amount of new stuff that WDW is recieving, I just believe that it should have been advertised a bit differently as a global celebration, or at least they could have called it the celebration of the start of all Disney theme parks

your probably not aware of my posting patters as I'm not much into posting in the WDW forums but I actualy tend to be an advocate of WDW getting attractions first for many reasons and I really don't have a problem with cloning the way some Disney fans seem to

if I'm envyous of anything it'd be the way TDL runs it's celebrations and the synergy I keep hearing about them using

as far as this 50th thing goes it just seems a bit scewed to me and I really think that golbal park celebrations should've been instituted before this

I also find it funny that Disneyland fans obsess about how Disneyland hasn't recieved an Eticket in 10 years when the Magic Kingdom has gone longer then that (Splash was the last one I believe) if anything WDW fans should be complaining more because they keep getting their overlays delayed (WDW really needs to get on the ball with this)

I tend to go to Disneyland forums because it's just more economical for me to visit Disneyland since it's closer to my state (washington) and I have family to stay with, I'm not quite rich enough to afford staying a week in WDW yet (being a college student and all)

I did however get most of my earliest Disney theme park memories from WDW back when I was in chicago and even when my family moved to washingdon we continued WDW trips for a while before it became uneconmical to do so

in summery the additions of attractions is fine with me I just think the marketing could have been more clear even if it was only to stear more guests to WDW
                "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider
                  ...I just believe that it should have been advertised a bit differently as a global celebration, or at least they could have called it the celebration of the start of all Disney theme parks...
                  Umm, that IS how they're promoting it.

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
                    WDW is stealing Disneyland's celebration because they are getting much better things when it is rightfully Disneyland's.
                    To say that WDW is stealing Disneyland's celebration is like saying that my stomach is stealing my body's good vibe this morning cuz it's acting up. IT'S ALL THE SAME ENTITY!!! Bad management in the late 90's and early 00's resulted in an underplanned, underfunded DL party. The Disney corporation is now using its famous ability to synergize, and is recovering from that bad planning to make the celebration bigger than it might have been.

I totally agree that, in a perfect world, DL would be getting a bunch more stuff (like maybe a couple of really new E tickets). But by the time Disney management took its collective head out of ... umm ... the sand, it was too late to bring any really big thing to fruition. So this is what we've got.

Comment

All i've seen are WDW commercials.

Comment

Umm, that IS how they're promoting it.
                        not from what I've seen, I've seen them call it the global celebration and the biggest one in 50 years and other things

but I have yet to see them say that it was the start of theme parks or mention much of Disneyland

maybe it's just were I live or something

Comment

Well, while I can't speak for what you've seen in your market, I can say that in the official press releases over the past few months, Disney has made a point of saying that while it all started with DL, this celebration is about the birth of the modern theme park, and we're celebrating worldwide. It's not the direction I would have gone, but that's how they're positioning it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stStarIC2nite
                            I agree that WDW seems to be stealing the celebration ( ), but all in all, I'm happy with what Disneyland is getting. Besides a minor exception with Buzz, all the attractions/rehabs/enhancements are ORIGINAL! This is where WDW fails this year. LMAX, Soarin', Cindy, and Lucky are all clones which is not what WDW needs.
                            But Mickey's Philharmagic, Cindarella's Surprise Cellebration, Wishes, Mission Space, and soon to be Everest are original attractions. As for Soarin', Epcot will get a new movie at its 25th anniversary, so it will then be different. What's your point? Seems to me DL's two most recent attractions, Buzz and Tower of Terror, are (gasp) clones! You guys are starting to sound like Canadians bashing Americans with you inferiority complex. Get a grip!!!!

Comment

And Lucky is not a clone of anything - he's the totally unique cutting edge of modern animatronics!

Comment

Originally posted by Hikari to Kurai
                                All i've seen are WDW commercials.

That's probably why. DL marketing doesn't stretch too far past the southwest because the park is filled in with enough locals that it doesn't need to have every tourist in the country heading there too.

Compared to DLR, WDW is a People Sponge that can handle much higher attendance. And the company has more hotel rooms there they want to put people in. Thus, that park gets the lion's share of the countryside.

Comment

Well, while I can't speak for what you've seen in your market, I can say that in the official press releases over the past few months, Disney has made a point of saying that while it all started with DL, this celebration is about the birth of the modern theme park, and we're celebrating worldwide. It's not the direction I would have gone, but that's how they're positioning it.
                                  maybe, I'm not just talking about the teaser commercial either btw, my area's now getting commercials for Lights Moters action and Cinderallabration and of course Soarin

i was mostly irritated that the commercials have called it the "golden celebration" and "the biggest celebration in 50 years" but nowere did they say what it was celebrating

and yeah I forgot to point out that Lucky isn't a clone, it's litteraly the same robot from DCA that is shipped over to AK (Lucky was probably designed for AK anyways but beta testing in DCA which is geographicaly closer to imagineering was probably easier)

the more I think about it the more I'm dissapointed that WDW didn't get better for the 50th actualy, two shows and one actual ride isn't that much when you think about it. AK gets the best Lucky and Expedition Everest will be great additions (and hopefully Lucky works out in the long term so we can see more of this innovation) of course people need to remeber this was stuff WDW was getting anyways and WDW just loves the "celebration/Limited time" type marketing deal because it makes people feel like it's urgent to come see it (I felt that way when the Futuresphere got that wand but once the mellinum was over and they left it my desire faded and I began to see it not as a symbol of excitement but more of a sign of lazyness *like people who leave Christmas Decorations up months after Christmas has come and gone*)

as far as DL being local and non tourist I don't think that's the case at all, I've often pointed out that most people only stop by for one day rather then staying a whole week, it was the last group of management that really cut down on Disneylands advertising (at least now I see it advertised on George Lopez and a few other ABC shows are now showcasing it on occasion, huge improvements over the vague advertisements of yesteryear)

Comment

Originally posted by circleVision
                                    Right. It's all the same company. All we see here in Vegas are Disneyland commercials, lot's of them I might add. The newest commercial showing Buzz and Block Party.

Up here in Washington all I see are WDW commercials! Drives me crazy. I'd love to see a commercial for DCA -or Disneyland for that matter. It'd be nice if they stressed that "the happiest celebration on earth" was in honor of Disneyland's 50th. The ads are rather vague on that point (or was I just not paying attention?).

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

"Nobody knows where my 50th Celebration has gone
                                      But WDW left the same time
                                      Why was he holding her hand
                                      When he's supposed to be mine?
                                      WDW and new attractions just walked through the door
                                      Like a queen with her king
                                      Oh, what a birthday surprise
                                      WDW's castle is wearing his adornments
                                      It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to
                                      Cry if I want to, cry if I want to
                                      You would cry too if it happened to you."

If this is a celebration of the birth of the theme park in general, have Knott's, Six Flags, Sea World and the others jumped on as well? New rides and shows and parties for all! :lol: Or rather, attribute the attractions they'd already planned to Disneyland's 50th.
                                      Well, whatever the case, how about we say it's all fine and good as long as when WDW's 50th birthday rolls around and all the parks show up to the prom wearing the same gown, Disneyland gets the glory and WDW has to go home and put on an "overlay?" That'll work for me.
                                      My finger points.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider
                                        and yeah I forgot to point out that Lucky isn't a clone, it's litteraly the same robot from DCA that is shipped over to AK (Lucky was probably designed for AK anyways but beta testing in DCA which is geographicaly closer to imagineering was probably easier)
                                        To my knowledge Lucky doesn't really have a home. I know that his appearance in DAK is only for a couple of months (which means that Disney calling him a new attraction is somewhat suspect). I think the long term plan is to move him around and give him as much exposure as they can for this new technology.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania

That's probably why. DL marketing doesn't stretch too far past the southwest because the park is filled in with enough locals that it doesn't need to have every tourist in the country heading there too.

Compared to DLR, WDW is a People Sponge that can handle much higher attendance. And the company has more hotel rooms there they want to put people in. Thus, that park gets the lion's share of the countryside.
                                          Sadly their advertising isn't working for me, I have no intention on going to WDW in the near future, oh well.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X