This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danyoung
    To my knowledge Lucky doesn't really have a home. I know that his appearance in DAK is only for a couple of months (which means that Disney calling him a new attraction is somewhat suspect). I think the long term plan is to move him around and give him as much exposure as they can for this new technology.
    I've heard the limited scope is because they arn't quite sure how it will hold up to the long term stresses of being out in WDW

I suppose it'll be interesting to see what they do once Lucky's time is up
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

I look at Lucky as more a street performer kind of thing rather than a real attraction. I'd love to see him and his technology, tho.

Comment

One reason why it has to be a world-wide celebration is because Pressler/Harriss couldn't put together a celebration if their lives depended on it. Even Cast Member Matt's saving D-Land isn't a whole lot, but then he had only about a month to trash the old plans and create new plans.

And there's a valid reason why cars aren't given away every day during Anniversary celebrations. See if you can guess what it is.

Comment

The trash can in DL's Tomorrowland is tons more fun than Lucky, due to the ad-libbable voice.

Comment

And Lucky is not a clone of anything - he's the totally unique cutting edge of modern animatronics!
            Wasn't Lucky rolled out in DCA last year ?

Sorry I am still learning to navigate better on this site-- I see that this has already come up ( I do like the edit feature here I must say )

Comment

[QUOTE=sedimentAnd there's a valid reason why cars aren't given away every day during Anniversary celebrations. See if you can guess what it is.[/QUOTE]

Cause GM hates disney and wont renew their contract.. and honda doesn't have it in their sponsorship of the fireworks show????

Comment

Originally posted by VBdad55
                Wasn't Lucky rolled out in DCA last year ?
                My point is that he's not a clone, any more than I'm a clone cuz I visit both parks. What is appearing in DAK is the actual, one and only Lucky himself, not a clone of the one that appeared in DCA last year. I still think it's stretching for Disney to call him an attraction, tho - more like a street performer.

And welcome over here, dad!

Comment

My point is that he's not a clone, any more than I'm a clone cuz I visit both parks. What is appearing in DAK is the actual, one and only Lucky himself, not a clone of the one that appeared in DCA last year. I still think it's stretching for Disney to call him an attraction, tho - more like a street performer.

And welcome over here, dad!
                  Glad to join Dan, I like the topic variation here.... and I'm with you-- this is not an attraction...as well as from everything I've read, there is no long term commitment to Lucky at AK....it is a summer trial as well as to see if they can get him to hold up mechanically

Comment

Okay, I think I'm getting this now after I saw a new 'Biggest Celebration On Earth' commercial last night.
                    I believe that the only reason we've started to notice more WDW focused media is because their celebration has started early. Cinderellabration, Soarin' Over California and Lights, Speed, ETC. already have settled nicely in their new surroundings. But as for us over here at the west coast, we still have to wait until May. Methinks, then, that we might get a bit more attention once May 5 hits but one doubts that.
                    I lurk.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X