Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magic Kingdom opening ceremony

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Magic Kingdom opening ceremony

    Do they still do a ceremony to open the Magic Kingdom?

    I heard that the train pulls up (with a few characters) and a selected family declares the park open.

    Does this happen everyday? A few minutes before opening, or right at opening?
    sigpic
    Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

  • #2
    Re: Magic Kingdom opening ceremony

    The ceremony happens before park opening. It runs about 7 minutes and starts about 15 minutes before "opening" ending with Mickey and the family throwing out Pixie Dust and opening the park.

    At least that's what happened the days we were there last week!

    Have a MAGICAL time!

    Mark
    Mark Bee
    Host of the Internationally Syndicated
    Radio Program "Blades Of Blue"!
    http://www.bladesofblue.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Magic Kingdom opening ceremony

      Awesome! Thanks for the quick response!
      sigpic
      Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Magic Kingdom opening ceremony

        Originally posted by Sweetie
        Do they still do a ceremony to open the Magic Kingdom?

        I heard that the train pulls up (with a few characters) and a selected family declares the park open.

        Does this happen everyday? A few minutes before opening, or right at opening?
        Sadly. I find them breaking the commandment "Thou Shalt Not Corral Thy Guests" each morning they do that when they try to convince us to "move to the center of the Mickey Floral". I say open up Main Street a 8am each morning (like they used to) so I can get there at 8:10 and enjoy it instead of waiting by the train station till 8:54 (they are always late) and having to high tail it to a rope (and hope they actually staff CMs at them...last Sunday they had no CMs at some ropes...we (and about 10 other groups) let ourselves across at 9am).

        Sorry.

        I hate that show.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Magic Kingdom opening ceremony

          is this the show where the trolley comes in with the people and they sing? or do they do that afterwards? I haven't been at MK when it opens up I am always a few minutes late.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Magic Kingdom opening ceremony

            Originally posted by Cmash95
            is this the show where the trolley comes in with the people and they sing? or do they do that afterwards? I haven't been at MK when it opens up I am always a few minutes late.
            That show is afterwards, but same people and same type of music.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tloolgb
              That show is afterwards, but same people and same type of music.
              And it happens multiple times a day. Sometimes going into the afternoon hours too.

              Personally, I think the show is cute but a little overdone when you hear it multiple times in a longer day/morning at MK as you walk from land to land across the hub. But other than that, it's okay.


              As for the train opening. I really like the idea but I have yet to see it be executed completely. Apparently I have a nack for catching the off openings along with my bad Jungle Cruise skipper curse. Go figure!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Magic Kingdom opening ceremony

                Opening ceremony?!??!?!

                Sorry, but I'm usually just about hitting the good quality REM sleep whenever opening happens.

                Comment

                Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X