X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Book About WDW?

What is the best book on WDW?

Since The World Began? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...lance&n=283155

Is it comparable to Disneyland The Inside Story?

(I have the big version of Epcot Center: Creating the New World of Tomorrow. Great book.)
    Magic Journeys...

Re: Best Book About WDW?

Since the World Began, in my opinion, is one of the best books on the Walt Disney World story that I have seen/read. However, since it came out for WDW's 25th anniversary in 1996, it is a little outdated, especially since the chapter on the Animal Kingdom was written prior to the park even being open. Still, a worthwhile read though
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I personally like WDW "The First 10 Years" for Magic Kingdom and classic resort history. The later additions with EPCOT and MGM are okay too...but each one stays about the same length with more content so each thing gets less press time... .
      For the Animal Kingdom nothing beats "The Making of Disney's Animal Kingdom"...no multipark book covers nearly what that one does.

Comment

The book sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out sometime.

It's certainly a lot cheaper than Disneyland - Inside Story. I always wonder if Randy Bright were still alive, would he have upated it in the 90s to include Indy, Toontown and other additions. It is a beatiful book to look at, a wonderful coffee table size, and has numerous fascinating stories.

Originally posted by America Stings
        What is the best book on WDW?

Since The World Began? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/078...lance&n=283155

Is it comparable to Disneyland The Inside Story?

(I have the big version of Epcot Center: Creating the New World of Tomorrow. Great book.)

Comment

I have the big version of Epcot Center: Creating the New World of Tomorrow. Great book.)
          That's a good one too!

Originally posted by fastpassmountain
          if Randy Bright were still alive, would he have upated it in the 90s to include Indy, Toontown and other additions.
          Dammit Marty Sklar is still alive, why isn't he writing Disneyland History books anymore?

Comment

Best book about WDW? ... The one I haven't written ...yet.

Comment

Of course, I'm WDW1974's co-author on that book. Isn't that right WDW1974?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
                Of course, I'm WDW1974's co-author on that book. Isn't that right WDW1974?
                You never know ... but your name would have to be much smaller than mine. (SMILEY)

I NEVER said I didn't have a really big ... ... ... ego!

Comment

Wow, so you and Mike actually have something in common! WOW. lol

Comment

Yep ... but I have two things he lacks -- experience and perspective.

But he's been awful quiet lately. I hope he isn't spending his time doing stuff like studying ... or dating ... or worse, playing video games.

Comment

How do you know I didn't mean the other Mike? You know, the guy who used to host the Wonderful World of Disney?

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974
                        You never know ... but your name would have to be much smaller than mine. (SMILEY)

I NEVER said I didn't have a really big ... ... ... ego!
                        :lmao:
                        :lol:

What geeks we are.

Oooh.. and happy reading!

Comment

How do you know I didn't mean the other Mike? You know, the guy who used to host the Wonderful World of Disney?
                          Good point. But our Mike has more charm!

Interesting aside ... at today's meeting Q&A some guy asked Iger for a Hall of Fame for people who have had long associations and given so much to TWDC ... it seemed like a positive question (that he didn't know about the Disney Legends program) when the guy started listing people who should be in it and then took an ugly shot at Eisner.

What I found telling was Iger answered the question, but didn't acknowledge theEisner portion at all. I would have thought he'd defend his old boss, but he said nothing at all. You wonder if despite getting the CEO and Pres jobs, Iger is still fuming about his treatment by ME. Just something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974
                            What I found telling was Iger answered the question, but didn't acknowledge theEisner portion at all. I would have thought he'd defend his old boss, but he said nothing at all. You wonder if despite getting the CEO and Pres jobs, Iger is still fuming about his treatment by ME. Just something to think about.
                            Or is the classier position to just not acknowledge stupid jabs...of which there is a time and a place for...not at the annual meeting.

Comment

^^Good point and a possible explanation. ... But I still would have said something in defense of Eisner. Disney wouldn't be what it is today without him ...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X