• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barbaraann
    Chicago Gal
    • Apr 2005

Tell me about the Adventurer's Club.

I am asking for feedback on the Adventurer's Club in Downtown Disney. I have never been. I am thinking about checking the place out, on my upcoming trip in July. So if anyone has been there, will you tell me what you think of the place?

Thanks
    BarbaraAnn

• JiminyCricketFan
    We all need a Jiminy.
    • Apr 2005

Re: Tell me about the Adventurer's Club.

I love this place. It is an interactive play where the performers are all around you. They improv their way to entertaining you.

I laugh a lot there. There is a show about every 40 minutes. Between, there is interaction in the lounge

Comment

• Aladdin
      Prince Ali
      • Jan 2005

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

You're invitied to an Open House for our Annual Membership Drive
      at THE ADVENTURER'S Club

As you enter the club, you will notice various arifacts, collected
      by it's members, from all over the world.

You take a staircase downstairs, where there are various display rooms,
      Bars are in a a couple different places. Shorts shows occurr every 10 to 15 minutes. Various cast members with different personalities will welcome you and converse with you, and keep you entertained at the
      short shows. Humor is very "Mony Pythonish". When I was there several
      years ago, there was a schedule handed out letting us know what time the shows began, and in which room.

Without a doubt, it's THE BEST place in DTD and the most imaginative!

The President's Guide To Our
      Permanent Club Members
      (How many of them have you encountered so far???)

Pamelia Perkins: Our lovely club President who is never appreciated nearly enough. She graciously leads the Club with propriety, manners, and proper adventurer etiquette.

Otis T. Wren: Club Treasurer and self-proclaimed "Ichthyologist Extraordinaire" - translation: Fisherman Always ready with a tale of adventure, although prone to exaggeration.

Graves: Ou ever-faithfu butler who patrols the Zegra Mezzanine, welcoming adventurers from all over the world into our club.

The Maid: Our club maid is one of our most charming employees. Whe's cheerful, friedly and always armed with her feather duster in a never ending battle against dust bunnies.

Hathaway Browne: Dashing Club Aviator. He Has traveled the world over, seeking adventure, whenever he can find it. Suave and debonair., he's alway on the move... in more ways than one.

Fletcher Hodges: Our loyal a(although slightly eccentric) Club Curator. He is the authority on each and every artifact in the club.

Smantha Sterling: A thrill-seeder who periodically returns to the Club frin Safari, brining with her tales of adventure... and her cabaret act. She is truly and Adventuress Extraodinaire... ranking right after Pamelia Perkins, of course.

And one never knows who may drop in, ready with a tale or two of recent adventures!

In the main showroom, you will notice that a piano has already "crashed in on stage" from one of the floors above. No one appears to be sitting at the piano, however an unseen character by the name of "Fingers" is the musical virtuoso at the more than slightly askew piano.

Oh, a word of warning, I let the Maid know that it was my sister's birthday, and asked if she would be able to do something special for her. That was a mistake, because that something special ended up being me on the stage, as the maid "had her way with me!"

If you go to WDW and this is the only thing you end up doing,
      This alone will be worth the trip.
      Last edited by Aladdin; 03-18-2006, 03:12 PM.
      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• RonNYC
        Wishin' I was at WDW.
        • Feb 2005

Wow, Aladdin... that was so wonderfully thorough. I've been to Adventurer's Club only once. The last night of my last trip to WDW a year ago. I love this place! I also found it incredibly hard to describe, and other people I know that love it also have a hard time finding words to describe it.

I'm very much looking forward to visiting it again on my upcoming trip a few months from now.

KUNGALOOSH!

Comment

• Aladdin
          Prince Ali
          • Jan 2005

Thanks, 007

To let you all know, I just highlighted
          the verbiage in ORANGE that was printed
          on the reverse side of the show schedule.

And to let you know, they do use some
          special effects and puppetry in various
          rooms ~ it all adds to the outlandishness
          and fun that permeates the spirit of "The Club"!!

KUNGALOOSH!!! Indeed!
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• WRDup
            out & about
            • Jan 2005

Ive been curious about this so called adventurers club since learning about it. Ive had the pleasure of attending the open house twice now (cp's get in free sun - thurs) and i cant get enough. its so fun. the whole thing is incredible. and it, of course, keeps with the whole disney back story thing. its an entirely immearsive experience unlike any thing ive come across. the club might not be for everyone but it is for anyone who likes a good time. if you have a chance to drop in i wouldnt miss it.
            "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

• Doopey1
              MiceChatter
              • Jan 2006

None of it made much sense to me, I'm afraid. Maybe I was there on an off night. Or maybe it was that the CMs were clearly playing to the "regulars" to the exclusion of all others. Anyway, I did enjoy the scenery and detail in the decor. It's worth a visit just to know what everyone is talking about.
              "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
              --John Lasseter

Comment

• BigPigletFan
                I was deleted.
                • Dec 2008

This place is AMAZING!! You should go. You'll love it. :cgrin:

Comment

• meanderingmouse
                  • Mar 2006

I first experienced The Adventurer's Club when I went down to WDW by myself for the Annual Passholder Preview of Expedition Everest.

Of course, since it was made known it was my first time there, they started messing with me. My barstool kept sinking all the way down to the floor while I sat there with my drink (the famous Kungaloosh).

The meat of the show was all the improv happening around the bar. The actors put on different shows in each of the themed rooms and it really felt like I was in another world. My favorite part were the puppets that came alive on the walls in the main room...funny stuff.

From now on, I don't think a trip to WDW would be complete without a trip to the AC.
                  -J

Subscribe or listen to The Meandering Mouse Podcast - Real Life Audio Adventures in the Parks

Click for a Short Promo

You Don't Need an IPOD - Anyone Can Listen - Download the MP3 or listen right over the website for FREE!!
                  http://www.meanderingmouse.com

OR...Search for "disney" within the ITunes podcast directory and subscribe there!!

The Meandering Mouse Podcast - Streams of Consciousness from the Happiest Place on Earth!

Comment

• Barbaraann
                    Chicago Gal
                    • Apr 2005

Is it O.K. to bring kids to the Adventurer's Club?

Chances are, I will be visiting alone, but I thought I'd ask the children question, anyway.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

• captsmith84
                      Banned User
                      • Jan 2005

Yeah, it's fine to bring in kids.

Comment

• Barbaraann
                        Chicago Gal
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Bill
                        Yeah, it's fine to bring in kids.
                        Thanks for the speedy reply.

That's good to know. I am traveling with a larger group, but we will not all be together all of the time.
                        BarbaraAnn

Comment

• captsmith84
                          Banned User
                          • Jan 2005

Well, you do need to stay with your kids at all times in the Adventurer's Club.

Comment

• Barbaraann
                            Chicago Gal
                            • Apr 2005

Technically, they are not my kids. The family that I am traveling with, has kids. Their ages are 15, 12, and 7. They are very well behaved and don't roam on their own.

These things are so good to known, before you go someplace. It avoids a lot of embarassment.

Chances are that I would visit the Adventurer's Club on my own.. I am the only one, who has shown an interest.

I have read about it in the Passporter, but I always like to get a lot of feedback, from many different people.
                            BarbaraAnn

Comment

• WRDup
                              out & about
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Barbaraann
                              Is it O.K. to bring kids to the Adventurer's Club?

Chances are, I will be visiting alone, but I thought I'd ask the children question, anyway.
                              They will allow you bring kids into the club but I wouldnt really reccommend it. The humor and subjuect matter is sometimes a little PG-13ish. Its nothing offensive but there are a lot of sexual enuendos.
                              "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

• captsmith84
                                Banned User
                                • Jan 2005

What WRDup says is true, though most kids won't even get most of the stuff being said, and some will just look at the other things to see.

Comment

• Barbaraann
                                  Chicago Gal
                                  • Apr 2005

I remember when we saw the Aladdin show last year, we were laughing like crazy. The jokes were so funny. The little girl in our party did not get many of the jokes.
                                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

• Cmash95
                                    Banned User
                                    • Jul 2005

I think next time we are at disney we are gonna give the club a try again. It's been ages since I have been in there but I remember how funny it was. and so many nooks and cranies.

Comment

• Grumpy4
                                      Again! Again! Again!
                                      • Jan 2005

Love that place!! I wasn't feeling good the night I went, but it made me feel so much better. It was so funny!!
                                      Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                                      FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                                      I bring the magic!!!
                                      "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                                      Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                                      Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

• WDW1974
                                        • Apr 2005

You should definitely check it out, Barbaraann. It's really the only part left of the original PI. ... It's gotten stale for me, but having never been there, I think you'll love it. It is unique and just a fun place to hang out and take part in the shows and the amazing ambience created by Joe Rohde ...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X