This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Conversation With Joe Rohdes...

Ive been hearing a lot of rumors and speculation dealing with Joe Rohdes and plans for DAK and BK and such.

On April 3rd I will have the chance to meet with Joe and ask him questions.

I thought this would be a great opportunity to take the questions you guys have to him. This way we can stop the rumors and speculations and hear directly from the Imagineer about the future of DAk and anything else you want to know about.

Please use this thread to list the questions you would want to ask him. remember though that while i can ask him any question i want he doesnt have to answer.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Re: A Conversation With Joe Rohdes...

Does he think AK needs a family friendly dark ride?

Comment

Ask him to give you a "tour" (through vocals) of where he hopes AK will be in 15 years (rides lands and all).
      And thank him for being great.

Comment

ask him what other possible expansion ideas can be used for the park otehr than BK or australia

Comment

Rhode
          ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

Please ask him if it's true that Dreamfinder was modeled after him.

And ditto! on thanking him for all his hard work on DAK! It's my fave WDW park!

(Insert pith helmet smiley here!)
            "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

Originally posted by testtrack321
              Rhode
              thanks for the correction but ive checked it out many times cause i thought it was a typo and on everything disney his name is spelled "rohde".
              "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

Umm, yes, and that's why you called this thread, "A Conversation With Joe Rohdes." Ummm... lol

It's all good.

Joe probably can't let you in on any future projects for the park, but ask him the possibility of a nighttime show in the lake area of Discovery River. (Ask him what that lake is named anyway, I've always called it Discovery Lake) And if he says that fireworks would disturb the animals, ask him about the silent fireworks like they used in France at Disneyland Paris or some other forms of nighttime entertainment. Lasers, water, fire, etc.

And then, ask him how it feels to have come so far from Captain EO to being the lead designer of Animal Kingdom. lol

And btw, just FYI, you pronounce his last name Road E. The E isn't silent.

Ask him why the hidden pathway between Africa and Asia isn't there anymore, and if it will ever come back.

Ask him about the night safari and if it will ever come back.

Ask him about the Dragon on Animal Kingdom's Logo and why, even with the addition of Everest, the logo still has the dragon. Does that mean he hopes to still have a dragon attraction?

And ask him about his ear rings.

Enough questions for ya? lol

Comment

I PM'd you the questions I really want answered but the only other one I can think of is to ask him

wether the Discovery River Boats will ever come back into service?

Comment

Originally posted by WRDup
                    thanks for the correction but ive checked it out many times cause i thought it was a typo and on everything disney his name is spelled "rohde".
                    Sorry, i thought it was Rhode.
                    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

And you might be further surprised to find that it's not pronounced "road", but "roadie". Heard him say his own name, so I guess that's the correct pronunciation!

Comment

Originally posted by danyoung
                        Heard him say his own name, so I guess that's the correct pronunciation!
                        We're talkin' 'bout Joe here.

Can we ever be truly certain?

And would one of you wonderful moderators please change the topic title, not to mention the topic paragraph description on today's MiceChat Round-Up?

Folks will think we're uneducated, unemployed idiots with nothing else better to do!

Oh, wait a minute...
                        "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Comment

Hey! I'm not unedumicated....Could you ask him if there are plans to change the Carnival theme of Dino USA back into the more believable "dino dig" theme it used to have. And if there aren't, could you say please change it back.

Comment

How about some questions related to The Adventurer's Club? His quirky genius is all over that. Wouldn't it be cool to have a larger Club inside DAK as a lounge/table service restaurant? I envy your opportunity to interview him. I have a dvd with an extended talk he gave about his work on DAK and the AC. (The whole "bring a live tiger into a room of suits during his presentation" thing and all)

Comment

Can you ask him if he thinks Expedition Everest stayed true to what he wanted it to become?
                              We've been...dying...to have you.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X