Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

New Disney Park in the Caribbean Rumors

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reason why I left WDW to pursue a real job! I would be on wellfare if I had stayed. But even if these are not the 80's, Disney is Disney and the traditional Disney ways of doing things should still be maintained, regardless. Otherwise, why bother with "Traditions" class. Still, it bother ms so much to see the total slacking off by some (NOT all) CM's there...and to hear them putting down the company in spanish when they think we guests are not listening, it's quite a depressing BAD show. Reason why I come down hard on my fellow Ricans.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
      Reason why I left WDW to pursue a real job! I would be on wellfare if I had stayed. But even if these are not the 80's, Disney is Disney and the traditional Disney ways of doing things should still be maintained, regardless. Otherwise, why bother with "Traditions" class. Still, it bother ms so much to see the total slacking off by some (NOT all) CM's there...and to hear them putting down the company in spanish when they think we guests are not listening, it's quite a depressing BAD show. Reason why I come down hard on my fellow Ricans.
      I agree that things should be done the traditional way and I as a CM do my best to upkeep these standards. Though I think if you looked across the boards you would find the an equal number of all types of cast members that are disgruntled. So to save time I am just going to agree to disagree with your thoughts on how things are and I'd reccomend to try and change the way you look at WDW. If you look for the good I garuntee you will find it just as if you look for the bad you will probably find it.
      Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
      Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Comment

Obviously, you have missed some of my many positive topics about WDW, but this one ain't. I don't think you have the right to tell me what to look for at WDW, as I call it as I see it, and have the right to do so just as much as you do have the right to offer a different opinion. You can say all you want about WDW with your rosey glasses on. I will comment on positive things as I stumble upon these, but I have issues with many things at WDW that are simply NOT right at the moment, and as a paying guest, I recent them even more.

Comment

Originally posted by BigmacX
          I believe that makes more sense for the Disney cruises.

Anyway I am sorry that this thread created so much controversy, but folks lets face it, everywhere you go you'll find some rotten apples, some places in higher quantities than others. As for "nuyorricans" well, those are in their own barrio world. But that's a long story for another day! :lol:

But in my opinion, new park or not, I believe they have something (maybe little) in the drwaing boards, specially with the latest boom in hispanic interest by corporations. This and Mexico being the only "stable" enough economy in Latin America to support some sort of a plan.

And you know Disney mgmt is going to love those wages they would pay there -- just like many corps. moving jobs there....

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974
            Disney is building in the Caribbean just like it's building in Texas, Ohio, Virginia, South America, Australia, South Korea or [fill in the blank].
            I once had a dream they were building a Disneyland in washington and I was going to get an anual Pass T_T but then Eisner decided to build it in my towns old fairgrounds which was much too small and then it had an allyway themed section and a bunch of carnival rides so I started arguing with him about it and I woke up. I wanna have an annual pass to a theme park someday (be it Florida, California or dare I even Dream of Tokyo o_o)

on the subject of building in the Caribbean I think that it is MUCH to close to WDW, heck I think WDW is reaching the point of being oversaturated with parks, they really do need to concentrait on filling up and balancing out (plus maintaining what they have)

people arn't going to stay for a month at WDW after all so WDW Caribbean would be just a bit redundant (though a stop on the Disney Cruise may be ok)
            "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

But in my opinion, new park or not, I believe they have something (maybe little) in the drwaing boards, specially with the latest boom in hispanic interest by corporations. This and Mexico being the only "stable" enough economy in Latin America to support some sort of a plan.
              The Mexican economy has been taking a beating from China (welcome to the club). There is a reason why illegal immigration from Mexico has been increasing.

Comment

Isle of Disney

This is a copy of a forum topic at the above hyperlink at WDW Magic, the complete forum is available there, thanks to the original poster NeXuS1000http://www.stlucia.org

Island overview
                http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/dat...verview_map.jpg

Project document:
                http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/41feaa5...fx6q_BB7L3lVReM
                Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
                "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Comment

If that is the case then I think it should be called Disney's Chupacabras World. Furthermore... the proper name for the second gate in Japan is Tokyo DisneySea, and not Tokyo's Disney @ The Sea as you mentioned. But then again what do current CMs (be full, part time or seasonal) know about Disney now a days???
                  Dude don't be so harsh on fellow 'ricans. Some here might feel that Chupacabras thing a little insulting. Anyway, for me it's a very funny name.

BTW I am not a CM

Comment

BTW I am not a CM
                    Well, that explains a lot then.

Comment

Well, that explains a lot then.

Definitely :lol:
                      Sorry for the confusion!

Comment

Re: New Disney Park in the Caribbean Rumors

Also being Puerto Rican, I'd have to add... Why build it in PR? I mean it's a beautiful place but at the same time it can be dirty and old.

Comment

Working...
                        X