X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StitchIsKing
    replied
    Re: New Disney Park in the Caribbean Rumors

Also being Puerto Rican, I'd have to add... Why build it in PR? I mean it's a beautiful place but at the same time it can be dirty and old.

Leave a comment:

• BigmacX
    replied
    Originally posted by TDLFAN
    Well, that explains a lot then.

Definitely :lol:
    Sorry for the confusion!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by BigmacX
    BTW I am not a CM
    Well, that explains a lot then.

Leave a comment:

• BigmacX
    replied
    If that is the case then I think it should be called Disney's Chupacabras World. Furthermore... the proper name for the second gate in Japan is Tokyo DisneySea, and not Tokyo's Disney @ The Sea as you mentioned. But then again what do current CMs (be full, part time or seasonal) know about Disney now a days???
    Dude don't be so harsh on fellow 'ricans. Some here might feel that Chupacabras thing a little insulting. Anyway, for me it's a very funny name.

BTW I am not a CM

Leave a comment:

• Mr D
    replied
    Isle of Disney

This is a copy of a forum topic at the above hyperlink at WDW Magic, the complete forum is available there, thanks to the original poster NeXuS1000http://www.stlucia.org

Island overview
    http://photoalbums./dat...verview_map.jpg

Project document:
    http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/41feaa5...fx6q_BB7L3lVReM

Leave a comment:

• fkurucz
    replied
    But in my opinion, new park or not, I believe they have something (maybe little) in the drwaing boards, specially with the latest boom in hispanic interest by corporations. This and Mexico being the only "stable" enough economy in Latin America to support some sort of a plan.
    The Mexican economy has been taking a beating from China (welcome to the club). There is a reason why illegal immigration from Mexico has been increasing.

Leave a comment:

• Jspider
    replied
    Originally posted by WDW1974
    Disney is building in the Caribbean just like it's building in Texas, Ohio, Virginia, South America, Australia, South Korea or [fill in the blank].
    I once had a dream they were building a Disneyland in washington and I was going to get an anual Pass T_T but then Eisner decided to build it in my towns old fairgrounds which was much too small and then it had an allyway themed section and a bunch of carnival rides so I started arguing with him about it and I woke up. I wanna have an annual pass to a theme park someday (be it Florida, California or dare I even Dream of Tokyo o_o)

on the subject of building in the Caribbean I think that it is MUCH to close to WDW, heck I think WDW is reaching the point of being oversaturated with parks, they really do need to concentrait on filling up and balancing out (plus maintaining what they have)

people arn't going to stay for a month at WDW after all so WDW Caribbean would be just a bit redundant (though a stop on the Disney Cruise may be ok)

Leave a comment:

• VBdad55
    replied
    I believe that makes more sense for the Disney cruises.

Anyway I am sorry that this thread created so much controversy, but folks lets face it, everywhere you go you'll find some rotten apples, some places in higher quantities than others. As for "nuyorricans" well, those are in their own barrio world. But that's a long story for another day! :lol:

But in my opinion, new park or not, I believe they have something (maybe little) in the drwaing boards, specially with the latest boom in hispanic interest by corporations. This and Mexico being the only "stable" enough economy in Latin America to support some sort of a plan.

And you know Disney mgmt is going to love those wages they would pay there -- just like many corps. moving jobs there....

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    Obviously, you have missed some of my many positive topics about WDW, but this one ain't. I don't think you have the right to tell me what to look for at WDW, as I call it as I see it, and have the right to do so just as much as you do have the right to offer a different opinion. You can say all you want about WDW with your rosey glasses on. I will comment on positive things as I stumble upon these, but I have issues with many things at WDW that are simply NOT right at the moment, and as a paying guest, I recent them even more.

Leave a comment:

• coaster3001
    replied
    Reason why I left WDW to pursue a real job! I would be on wellfare if I had stayed. But even if these are not the 80's, Disney is Disney and the traditional Disney ways of doing things should still be maintained, regardless. Otherwise, why bother with "Traditions" class. Still, it bother ms so much to see the total slacking off by some (NOT all) CM's there...and to hear them putting down the company in spanish when they think we guests are not listening, it's quite a depressing BAD show. Reason why I come down hard on my fellow Ricans.
    I agree that things should be done the traditional way and I as a CM do my best to upkeep these standards. Though I think if you looked across the boards you would find the an equal number of all types of cast members that are disgruntled. So to save time I am just going to agree to disagree with your thoughts on how things are and I'd reccomend to try and change the way you look at WDW. If you look for the good I garuntee you will find it just as if you look for the bad you will probably find it.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    Reason why I left WDW to pursue a real job! I would be on wellfare if I had stayed. But even if these are not the 80's, Disney is Disney and the traditional Disney ways of doing things should still be maintained, regardless. Otherwise, why bother with "Traditions" class. Still, it bother ms so much to see the total slacking off by some (NOT all) CM's there...and to hear them putting down the company in spanish when they think we guests are not listening, it's quite a depressing BAD show. Reason why I come down hard on my fellow Ricans.

Leave a comment:

• coaster3001
    replied
    FYI... I was one of those old bats that used to work at WDW when WDW *was* WDW in the early 80's, and also a Puerto Rican (GASP!) I know what I am talking about so drop the 'Boricua is all that' act. The nastiest CM ever to insult me as a guest at WDW was a Nuyorican. I will take a polite and friendly old bat (who probably knows what it should be like to be a Disney CM) over some barrio princess who is there for a paycheck and has no manners to work in a position of customer service, and probably doens't even know a flying hoot about the Disney ways and philosophies.
    It's not the eighties anymore yes. Though WDW is still WDW. It ticks me off that some out there will say that since the company has changed (with the rest of the world) that the CMs are in some way different or less caring over all. In fact with the way the World is today it is amazing that WDW is still able to find as many good people as they do. Now I may be wrong in saying that these so called "old bats" are all bad (it's just been my general expierience) and don't get me wrong there are some really nice old people out there I work with. But more on track it's been my expierience that all of the Puerto Ricans I worked with were really nice and really good workers and belive me when i say that nobody is Disiney for a paycheck (at least not a good one).

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    If that is the case then I think it should be called Disney's Chupacabras World. Furthermore... the proper name for the second gate in Japan is Tokyo DisneySea, and not Tokyo's Disney @ The Sea as you mentioned. But then again what do current CMs (be full, part time or seasonal) know about Disney now a days???

Leave a comment:

• BigmacX
    replied
    Originally posted by nish221
    I don't think so as far as a Disney park; it's just too close to WDW. BUT I think it would be a nice spot for Disney Cruise Line
    stop ala Castaway Cay (except that it would allow for a DCL to go out to the resto of
    the Carribean instead of being mostly relegated to the nothern half. or even a DVC.
    I believe that makes more sense for the Disney cruises.

Anyway I am sorry that this thread created so much controversy, but folks lets face it, everywhere you go you'll find some rotten apples, some places in higher quantities than others. As for "nuyorricans" well, those are in their own barrio world. But that's a long story for another day! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• WDW1974
    replied
    Disney is building in the Caribbean just like it's building in Texas, Ohio, Virginia, South America, Australia, South Korea or [fill in the blank].

Leave a comment:

• MellyMouse
    replied
    Originally posted by IndyJn511
    Turn the entire world into a disneyland!

I agree!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• IndyJn511
    replied
    Turn the entire world into a disneyland!

Leave a comment:

• fkurucz
    replied
    It really doesn't make sense to me either. Maybe a DL in Brazil or Argentina, and even that is iffy given the volatile economies in South America.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by coaster3001
    That is going too far man. I work at wdw seasonally and I have yet to find many people that don't speek english well. Furthermore many of these Puerto Ricans you speak of are nicer than the old bats Disney hires. So think before you speak.
    FYI... I was one of those old bats that used to work at WDW when WDW *was* WDW in the early 80's, and also a Puerto Rican (GASP!) I know what I am talking about so drop the 'Boricua is all that' act. The nastiest CM ever to insult me as a guest at WDW was a Nuyorican. I will take a polite and friendly old bat (who probably knows what it should be like to be a Disney CM) over some barrio princess who is there for a paycheck and has no manners to work in a position of customer service, and probably doens't even know a flying hoot about the Disney ways and philosophies.

Leave a comment:

• nish221
    replied
    I don't think so as far as a Disney park; it's just too close to WDW. BUT I think it would be a nice spot for Disney Cruise Line
    stop ala Castaway Cay (except that it would allow for a DCL to go out to the resto of
    the Carribean instead of being mostly relegated to the nothern half. or even a DVC.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X