Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

    dont think they have enough time to amend the constitution. and jeb doesn't want to run

    Comment


    • #22
      Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

      My senator, Hillary.
      -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
      I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

      Comment


      • #23
        Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

        I've always thought Papa Smurf was a great leader...

        Or maybe just the MCP from TRON. I'd LOVE to see them do an animatronic of THAT.
        -Tim

        Comment


        • #24
          Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

          If Hillary wins, I'm moving to Canada :rules:



          Comment


          • #25
            Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

            Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
            I'm voting for Sam the Eagle. He's legal to be president now, after all. Besides, who is more patriotic and would feel at home?
            The funny thing is that Sam is very obviously supposed to be Richard Nixon. Look at the eyebrows and everything.

            Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
            Or maybe just the MCP from TRON. I'd LOVE to see them do an animatronic of THAT.
            Vice President SKYNET would approve.

            Originally posted by gwbeachjr
            If Hillary wins, I'm moving to Canada :rules:
            Think about how many people have said that about Boy George, and how many of them followed through on it? And there you go.

            Comment


            • #26
              Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

              wait is george w bush already on in the attraction?

              Comment


              • #27
                Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

                Originally posted by Cmash95
                dont think they have enough time to amend the constitution. and jeb doesn't want to run
                Praise the lord!

                Hallalullah.

                Maybe there's hope for humanity.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

                  Originally posted by MickeyMania
                  The funny thing is that Sam is very obviously supposed to be Richard Nixon. Look at the eyebrows and everything.
                  He is Nixonian in mannerism but not in character, wouldn't you agree? I mean Sam's always portrayed as being stodgy, old-fashioned, and hopelessly out of touch with modern culture, but he was never shown to be "bad" or "corrupt" in any sense. I think his patriotism is generally portrayed in a positive light.
                  "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
                  --John Lasseter

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

                    They don't emphasize the corruption, they emphasize other things, most the humiliations. Like when Sam starts ranting about the endangered species act and then realizes he's an endangered species.

                    While that's not quite exactly the same, Nixon did become quite a punchline after the war ended. But rather than try to make humor out of something embarassing like our current President, he simply got embarassed about it. Which only made the ridicule worse. That's where that old line about "they won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore" came from.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

                      Originally posted by A Disney Dreamer
                      wait is george w bush already on in the attraction?
                      Yes, they try to get the new Prez in ASAP. When was in there when I was there in fall 2001.



                      Comment


                      • #31
                        Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

                        Originally posted by gwbeachjr
                        Yes, they try to get the new Prez in ASAP. When was in there when I was there in fall 2001.
                        Does he say NUCLEAR or nookleer?

                        Comment


                        • #32
                          Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

                          I don't want to say who I think it will be, because that would be supporting a candidate and that would put me at risk of being pelted with tomatoes...
                          So all I will say is that I hope that the person who will be placed in this honored attraction is a hard working person who is willing to do what is best for the nation and humanity...
                          quite bipartisan I have to say
                          WDW College Program Alumni
                          May 22, 2006 to January 3, 2007 - Custodial/Adventureland Operations
                          May 16, 2007 to August 10, 2007 - Custodial

                          August 18, 2008 to January 2, 2009 - Yet to be determined Attraction!
                          Hello Everyone :wave: Go Zags!

                          Comment


                          • #33
                            Originally posted by Gorwingel
                            I don't want to say who I think it will be, because that would be supporting a candidate and that would put me at risk of being pelted with tomatoes...
                            So all I will say is that I hope that the person who will be placed in this honored attraction is a hard working person who is willing to do what is best for the nation and humanity...
                            quite bipartisan I have to say
                            Exactly! Nice post.

                            Again.. why are we debating this now? Let's not let a classic attraction place politics between us, please? How about we wait until after when we can complain that the new President isn't there yet and then that they aren't realistic, etc, etc.

                            Comment


                            • #34
                              Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

                              i think its funny that this is may 2006 and we are already contemplating nov 2008 elections. I can't even figure out this fall's elections yet let alone two years from now. and we really won't have a good idea until winter 2008 anyway. I mean look at the democrats in 2004. everyone thought dean had it in the bag and then along came kerry and edwards. just goes to show. whatever happens it will be a wide open race with interesting repurcussions no matter who wins.

                              Comment


                              • #35
                                Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

                                Originally posted by WDW1974
                                As long as it isn't Jeb Bush, I'll be happy!
                                AMEN to that!!!

                                DL-1970-72-2005
                                DW-1972-2002-04



                                "My First Love was Mickey"
                                Nanci

                                Comment


                                • #36
                                  Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

                                  Originally posted by Cmash95
                                  i think its funny that this is may 2006 and we are already contemplating nov 2008 elections. I can't even figure out this fall's elections yet let alone two years from now. and we really won't have a good idea until winter 2008 anyway. I mean look at the democrats in 2004. everyone thought dean had it in the bag and then along came kerry and edwards. just goes to show. whatever happens it will be a wide open race with interesting repurcussions no matter who wins.
                                  So I guess this is gonna be a long-running thread?

                                  Comment


                                  • #37
                                    Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

                                    Originally Posted by Cmash95
                                    i think its funny that this is may 2006 and we are already contemplating nov 2008 elections. I can't even figure out this fall's elections yet let alone two years from now. and we really won't have a good idea until winter 2008 anyway. I mean look at the democrats in 2004. everyone thought dean had it in the bag and then along came kerry and edwards. just goes to show. whatever happens it will be a wide open race with interesting repurcussions no matter who wins.
                                    I thought Dean lost because he shouted off all the states like some crazy mad man......

                                    Okay so here is a question, when, and if G.W. Bush is installed, would it be good to take brakes during all the long aquward silent moments in his speeches during the show? I mean cause now-a-days it seems to take him forever just to finish up one sentence without them long pauses! :lol:

                                    Comment


                                    • #38
                                      Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

                                      Saturday Night Live just featured a "now, the President of the United States" spoof, in which the real Al Gore appeared and did a short skit.

                                      I missed it but saw coverage of it on the "Chris Matthews" Show. He's got a tan, ditched the beard, and a new global warming movie to promote. He's all ready for Florida, tell the Imagineers to bust out the audio animatronics parts box.

                                      Everything in America has become Andy Warhol life imitating art imitating life etc. So you know the next president is going to be some incarnation of something we've already seen before. Maybe Tricia Nixon in 2008? LOL.

                                      Comment


                                      • #39
                                        Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

                                        Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
                                        Does he say NUCLEAR or nookleer?
                                        That's nukyular to you, buddy.

                                        I propose a House of Congress next to Hall of Presidents. At each performance, the curtain pulls to reveal a bunch of AAs sitting there, with blank faces and nothing happening. Then, the audience has to raise $400 in donations to the "lobbyist" CM in order to start the show.

                                        Comment


                                        • #40
                                          Re: 2008: New President A/A in Hall of Presidents

                                          Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
                                          Its gonna be George W. Bush again...THIRD TERM.
                                          Oh the horror!

                                          I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

                                          Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X