Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nemo musical and Nemo the ride confirmed today.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nemo musical and Nemo the ride confirmed today.

"Finding Nemo--The Musical," debuting late 2006 at Disney's Animal Kingdom, will bring the undersea world that charmed audiences in the Disney presentation of the Pixar Animation Studios film "Finding Nemo" to life in an all-new stage spectacular featuring original songs by Tony Award-winning "Avenue Q" composer Robert Lopez and a cappella musical "Along the Way" composer Kristen Anderson-Lopez.
    The Seas with Nemo & Friends, opening fall 2006 at Epcot, will be a whimsical and visually stunning attraction in The Living Seas pavilion featuring technology that for all appearances has the stars of "Finding Nemo" swimming amid the live marine life of the huge aquarium in an adventure that picks up where the motion picture left off.
    Nothing major but nice to know it's all coming less than a year away. I want some concept art now!

Re: Nemo musical and Nemo the ride confirmed today.

Ooo.. I know! This excites me just because it's something new! (Even if it is based on Nemo.) Even though I will forever miss Tarzan Rocks! with such a strong composer I'm excited. :cgrin:

Comment

I talked to an Imagineer that I rang out at World of Disney in the fall, and he said he had been working on the Nemo ride at the Living seas, and before that he was over working on Everest. The ride sounds very neat the way he described it. He said you will see the Nemo characters in the tank just like you see the dancing ghosts in the HM... (thats right... just like the HM uses real Ghosts, Nemo ride will use real fish ))
      Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Comment

Originally posted by jimmybop
        thats right... just like the HM uses real Ghosts, Nemo ride will use real fish ))
        inch: now that scares me...

Comment

The "nemo swiming" idea sounds to me like the same tech they are using for the new subs at DL.
          "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

At least the songs are being done by somebody decent... I hate it when they're done by the guys that weren't even quality enough to write a commercial parody jingle.
            -Tim

Comment

This guy is good... I love his Avanue Q music.. lol

Wonder how is he going to do Nemo...

Comment

Avenue Q is a lousy show, but I'll give this guy a chance because maybe he's better at actual children's music than parodying it?

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania
                  Avenue Q is a lousy show, but I'll give this guy a chance because maybe he's better at actual children's music than parodying it?
                  your using the Las vegas show? that one wasn't as good as New Yorks... (I hear)

Comment

Maybe, it didn't have all the original cast but it does have a few and the same play/songs, but I went on a 2-for-1 offer and still felt ripped off. Total afternoon show.

They're finally going to kill it out of pity next month.

Comment

A new release:
                      Walt Disney World Resort Unveils Creative Lineup Of Coming Attractions Featuring Familiar Faces From 'Finding Nemo,' 'Pirates of the Caribbean'

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (April 7, 2006) -- Following a gala dedication for its thrilling new Expedition Everest attraction, Walt Disney World Resort today announced a wide-ranging lineup of new entertainment, reinvigorated attractions, interactive shopping experiences and stylishly redesigned hotel rooms coming soon or available now.

Al Weiss, president of Walt Disney World Resort, unveiled the new offerings during a presentation for journalists gathered at Disney's Animal Kingdom for the grand opening of Expedition Everest, a runaway train adventure through the Himalayas that sends guests hurtling toward an encounter with the fearsome yeti.

"We're always adding innovation, creativity and entertainment value to our resort, and we've got some great things on the horizon -- on our property and beyond," Weiss said.

Disney's Animal Kingdom Guests Will Find 'Nemo' in Dazzling Musical Spectacular

The undersea world that charmed audiences around the world in the Disney presentation of the Pixar Animation Studios film "Finding Nemo" will come to life in an all-new musical stage show debuting at Disney's Animal Kingdom in late 2006.

Featuring original songs by Tony Award-winning "Avenue Q" composer Robert Lopez and a cappella musical "Along the Way" composer Kristen Anderson-Lopez, "Finding Nemo--The Musical" will immerse guests of all ages in the story of Marlin and Nemo, an overprotective clownfish father and his curious son, through a dazzling production that combines puppets, dancers, acrobats and animated backdrops.

Produced by Disney Creative Entertainment, the 30-minute show represents the first time Disney has taken a non-musical animated feature and transformed it into an original musical production.

The theme park's newly enclosed Theater in the Wild will become a magical undersea environment through innovative lighting, sound, special effects and the theatrical puppetry of Michael Curry, who designed the richly detailed character puppets seen in the Broadway version of Disney's "The Lion King."

Principal characters such as Marlin, Nemo and Dory will be represented by live performers operating larger-than-life puppets. Peripheral characters will be realized by a diverse array of puppetry styles, including rod, bunraku and shadow.

"Finding Nemo--The Musical" will be staged several times daily.

The Seas with Nemo & Friends Brings Familiar Characters to Life Inside Epcot Aquarium

The Seas with Nemo & Friends, a whimsical and visually stunning attraction for guests of all ages, is scheduled to open at Epcot in Fall 2006. Featuring technology that for all appearances has the stars of "Finding Nemo" swimming amid the live marine life of the huge aquarium in The Living Seas pavilion, the attraction is an adventure that picks up where the motion picture left off.

The undersea voyage begins aboard "clamobiles" in a colorful coral reef setting. Guests first meet Mr. Ray and his class on a field trip and soon learn that Nemo has wandered off.

The journey to find Nemo continues as familiar characters such as Dory, Bruce, Marlin, Squirt and Crush help with the search along the way. These deep sea friends inhabit a variety of vibrant vignettes, including the actual aquarium -- one of the world's largest saltwater aquariums -- which contains more than 65 species of marine life.

In the musical finale of the attraction, Nemo is happily reunited with his class and friends.

Upon exiting the attraction, guests can explore the rest of the pavilion, which is home to "Turtle Talk with Crush," the smash-hit recent addition featuring the movie's laid-back sea turtle, who interacts with guests in real-time, unscripted conversations; Bruce's Shark World, an interactive area with colorful graphics and fun facts about sharks; and live marine life in both the large aquarium and specialized exhibits.
                      I have to say the Nemo ride now has me pumped!!

It'll be a little happy cute ride...musical, all plusses. It'll be an old omniover, wicked big plus, plus, Mr Ray is leading the class. You know he'll be teaching sea life along the way. Edu-Tainment! I'm psyched! THis could show that educating and entertaining still have a place in EPCOT!

Comment

I am just glad that they are planing new rides. This one sounds cute. I am hoping that the music is good. I love it when I am humming a tune when leaving a ride. It makes me happy!

I thought that the movie needed a couple songs.
                        Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Atomobiles...Doombuggies...Clamobiles...I'm liking it.

Comment

this sounds cool! I hope it is open when I go in Nov.:beg:
                            Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

In case you all haven't seen the concept art...

The Seas with Nemo and Friends:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/thumbnails/e...eas_Scene2.jpg

http://www.wdwmagic.com/thumbnails/e...eas_Scene1.jpg

Finding Nemo - The Musical:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/thumbnails/a...ge-Concept.jpg

also... here is some new concept art for Pirates of the Caribbean... notice how the entrance appears to have been moved to the side, closer to the tower...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/thumbnails/m...C_Barbossa.jpg

http://www.wdwmagic.com/thumbnails/m...or_concept.jpg
                              BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
                              I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X