X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Monsters Inc. Attraction

Hiya all,

Just wanted to spread the word that Screamscape.com posted news that the Monsters Inc. Attraction would be called Monsters Inc. The Laugh Floor. Now my guess is that the name is not the name of the entire attraction, but maybe a scene of a new dark ride?

They have a picture of a blueprint set to back it up, so I'm gonna say that this is pretty set in stone.

I think this is a very bad idea.

Also, I noticed that many people are calling Tomorrowland the "Fantasyland of the Future". This may be true not only because of the demographic Disney is shooting for, but it may be more so because the realistic futuristic stuff one would find at Disneyland '67, now would go to Epcot, aka Test Track and Mission: Space. Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland literally would become more of a fanciful unrealistic future. Now don't get me wrong, I still don't agree with it, I would much prefer that Epcot would be the Science Factual park, while MK:TL would be the loving home of Science Fiction. This would be best suited to continue the Tomorrowland Legacy.

Either way, Monsters Inc. has no place here; DMGM maybe, but not Tomorrowland.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Re: New Monsters Inc. Attraction

welcome to last friday.

Comment

First off, I will believe this rumor when I see an official statement. As for right now, it is no more believable than Beastlie Kingdomme, a fifth gate or a Harry Potter attraction.

Secondly, if it does eventually turn out to be true, I will hold judgment of it for when I actually experience it. If it does turn out to be true, I know many people will complain that it has nothing to do with the new Tomorrowland (future that never was). But remember that the new Tomorrowland is not the only Tomorrowland. It changed once before, it can change once again.

-Michael
      You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
        welcome to last friday.

Sorry, the original post of the rumor thread was deleted, and Screamscape just updated today.

My Bad

Last edited by Dustysage; 04-13-2006, 04:32 PM.
        In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

Also, Screamscape reports that this image came in their inbox, that's it. Is there any proof that this is actually an official document and not just from some dude with way too much free time?
          You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
            First off, I will believe this rumor when I see an official statement. As for right now, it is no more believable than Beastlie Kingdomme, a fifth gate or a Harry Potter attraction.

Secondly, if it does eventually turn out to be true, I will hold judgment of it for when I actually experience it. If it does turn out to be true, I know many people will complain that it has nothing to do with the new Tomorrowland (future that never was). But remember that the new Tomorrowland is not the only Tomorrowland. It changed once before, it can change once again.

-Michael
            I think what turns me off from it is that once again, it's just taking what's good somewhere else and reusing it. There's no imagination, there's no adventure or risk involved. While there are many, many, economic issues to deal with, I know, I still think that the MK deserves more.

Also, I can't honestly figure out how Monsters Inc. belongs in Tomorrowland. New Tomorrowland '94 was not a failure, it was and still is a good idea, when properly implemented. I think it was one of the best moves they ever made for the MK. What they need to do now is try to re-establish it, instead of molest it by adding the cheap and easy.

Look at Stitch's Great Escape, cheap and easy, and completely stupid!

People are not stupid, they will notice what Disney is doing, it may not show now, but it will.

DoppelV

Comment

Also, Screamscape reports that this image came in their inbox, that's it. Is there any proof that this is actually an official document and not just from some dude with way too much free time?
              That looks alot like a plotted design. It would have to be a dude with way too much free time and a pretty nice plotter, or unrestricted access to one.

Not everyone who responds to Screamscape is a fraud. Screamscape used to be my primary source of info before Miceage, and I have found them to be predominantly correct. They tell the rumors, because everyone likes to hear them, but they are pretty careful about what they say is true.

DoppelV

Comment

Originally posted by Niyxstyx
                That looks alot like a plotted design. It would have to be a dude with way too much free time and a pretty nice plotter, or unrestricted access to one.
                Maybe I'm missing something, but all I see in that picture is a cylindrical canister with some words on it, something I can easily see someone doing.

Also, I can't honestly figure out how Monsters Inc. belongs in Tomorrowland.
                Again, the Tomorrowland they established in 1994 does not have to be the only Tomorrowland. For all we know, they may be completely changing the concept of the area from the future that never was to something else. Sometimes change is good, and before we say that Monsters Inc doesn't belong in tomorrowland, we should wait for two things. One, if it's actually true, and two, how they do it.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something, but all I see in that picture is a cylindrical canister with some words on it, something I can easily see someone doing.

Again, the Tomorrowland they established in 1994 does not have to be the only Tomorrowland. For all we know, they may be completely changing the concept of the area from the future that never was to something else. Sometimes change is good, and before we say that Monsters Inc doesn't belong in tomorrowland, we should wait for two things. One, if it's actually true, and two, how they do it.
                  I've seen alot of plotted drawings in the past few months, and it's definetly plotted paper, you can even see other images behind it. If it's a fake, cool beans, I'd be cool with that.

I guess for Monsters in Tomorrowland, I propose we agree to disagree, its all in good fun, right!

DoppelV

Comment

That's one of two images that were posted on WDWMagic. There was another one that had an address on it. The address correlated with a company that was involved with T2-3D and some other 3D and 4D attractions.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                      That's one of two images that were posted on WDWMagic. There was another one that had an address on it. The address correlated with a company that was involved with T2-3D and some other 3D and 4D attractions.
                      another 3-D show? It could work, but it's a bit close to PhilharMagic. Do we really need 5 3-D shows at WDW?
                      -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                      I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pyrateslife4me84
                        another 3-D show? It could work, but it's a bit close to PhilharMagic. Do we really need 5 3-D shows at WDW?
                        All i did was read through the post at WDWMagic. But the initial post placed Laughing Floor as a stage show. So either it's a 3-D stage show, somebody got confused, or it's a bit fishy.

Comment

The company is like an architectural firm, designers in short. They make buildings and such, sometimes for attractions, including T2:3D at Universal.

So, it could be anything, but the person who sent the pics to the poster (who probably took the pics) mentioned some sort of stage show. Steve, the wdwmagic webmaster who pulled the photos off his site as has connections with WDI, mentioned plans he had heard of for the area would involve new technology that's being tested in other parks, something akin to Turtle Talk.

Comment

I guess for Monsters in Tomorrowland, I propose we agree to disagree, its all in good fun, right!
                            I'm fine with that. And as to whether it actually comes to life, I guess only time will tell.

Comment

hmmm...an interactive 3-D show...now that just screams Tomorrowland to me.
                              -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                              I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X