This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDW Today Channel

I was looking through some old threads at ThatOtherWDWWebsite.com, when I came across images of the WDW Today Channel:

Image 1

Image 2

I Really HATE them, so out comes my trusty vector graphics program to create WDW Today, DNC Edition, designed with both 16:9 and 4:3 Televisions in mind:

Mock 1

What do you think?

Re: WDW Today Channel

Well, if you want my honest opinion, that's too dark for anything Disney. I'd like to see something bright and happy on my TV when I wake up, not something that dark. It does ring very nicely for a website design however.

Comment

The links have been blocked.

Comment

Not very Disney, but nice presentation for something like a news channel. Too nice, even. Doc, you're gonna cost me my job!

Bill said it's too dark, so it's too dark. This because he's always right and I hope to end up in his sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
          Well, if you want my honest opinion, that's too dark for anything Disney. I'd like to see something bright and happy on my TV when I wake up, not something that dark. It does ring very nicely for a website design however.
          I dunno... when I wake up, I feel like a Mogwai... "Bright light! Bright light!"

I want things as dark as possible for a while...

Better would be having the layout to change a bit with the time of day or reflecting the weather...
          -Tim

Comment

i think it looks really cool, i just have nitpicky design issues :P. but great looking.

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
              I dunno... when I wake up, I feel like a Mogwai... "Bright light! Bright light!"
              HA! I thought I was the only one who did that!

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania
                Not very Disney, but nice presentation for something like a news channel. Too nice, even. Doc, you're gonna cost me my job!
                Unfortuantly, that's what I had In the back of my mind when designing it (See my Seven News Mock). I'm trying to make it look slightly more Professional, and Bombarding things with Pixie Dust isn't my style. That being said, the only reason I'm posting these if for the constructive critisim, so I took it back to the Drawing board, so here is WDW Today: Sunrise Edition.

Comment

^
                  That's a lot better, although realistically you'd need one that fits properly on the TV screens. Pop Century isn't getting high-def TVs anytime soon!

Comment

All the crucial data fits within the safe areas for 4:3 Televisions, while still looking good on the 16:9 TV's at the Contemp and Poly (No Pillarboxing).

Comment

I like it. It looks really "clean."
                      sigpic
                      Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

I'd probably make it more of a mid day background than an early morning or dusk look. But I prefer a bright blue sky over a sunrise or set for a pretty exciting picture.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X