Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney World is selling Golden Mouse Ears!!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disney World is selling Golden Mouse Ears!!!!

    Was looking at came across there store additions for april and guess what there selling? Golden Mouse ears for the 50th the only thing different from WDW is that mickey is not in his band leader outfit like disneyland's its is walk around outfit. they also sell 50th castle plates but its there castle not disneyland's. this really get me mad when they sell things that don't mention that its DISNEYLAND'S 50th not there's. all the other the other stuff just says Happiest Celebration on Earth but still I think that WDW shouldn't have ANY golden mouseears. http://laughingplacestore.com/Product-5684.asp

  • #2
    Originally posted by Gribbitt
    Was looking at came across there store additions for april and guess what there selling? Golden Mouse ears for the 50th the only thing different from WDW is that mickey is not in his band leader outfit like disneyland's its is walk around outfit. they also sell 50th castle plates but its there castle not disneyland's. this really get me mad when they sell things that don't mention that its DISNEYLAND'S 50th not there's. all the other the other stuff just says Happiest Celebration on Earth but still I think that WDW shouldn't have ANY golden mouseears. http://laughingplacestore.com/Product-5684.asp
    Get over it for crying out loud. Why were are at it, how about WDW takes back ToT, ok? Deal?
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

    Comment


    • #3
      Hmmm... you're kidding me! Disney World is selling plates with the Disney World castle on it?! BLASPHEMY!

      You know what... I think in order to honor DL's 50th, WDW should sell only DL merchandise! I mean.. it only seems fair!

      Wait... even better... perhaps it should just close for the whole 50th celebration! That way, not one ounce of glory is taken away from DL!

      Comment


      • #4
        Also, they made a Christmas Ornament with a gold Sleeping Beauty Castle (the one in the 50th logo) that says WALT DISNEY WOLRD :botox: :confused:
        Last edited by Mr. Disney; 04-02-2005, 10:50 AM.
        I have a dream
        A song to sing
        To help me cope
        Trough everything

        If you see the wonder
        of a FairyTale
        You can take the future
        even if you fail...

        I believe in Angels
        Something good in everything I see
        I believe in Angels
        When I know the time is right for me...

        I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

        Comment


        • #5
          I was asked yesterday why WDW is celebrating 50 yrs when they clearly have been open for 33 yrs (I was at their 25th in 1996). I understand WHY they woud celebrate because without Disneyland, WDW would cease to exist, however......

          Selling the golden Mickey ears is a bit much. JMHO
          Katie :yea:
          Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
          :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!








          Comment


          • #6
            testtrack321 take tot back it sucks anyway

            Comment


            • #7
              Oh who the hell cares.

              Disney is a company and they're trying to make money out of this whole 50th business. Who can blame them. Besides, why shouldn't those guests at WDW get to enjoy some of the fun.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Disneykat
                I was asked yesterday why WDW is celebrating 50 yrs when they clearly have been open for 33 yrs (I was at their 25th in 1996). I understand WHY they woud celebrate because without Disneyland, WDW would cease to exist, however......

                Selling the golden Mickey ears is a bit much. JMHO
                I agree.

                Golden Mouse ears should be Disneyland-only peice of merchandise for the 50th.

                What I would like to know, when WDW has it's 50th Anniversary, will Disneyland be allowed to steal it? It will probably be a WDW-only party and no other parks will even have the slightest trace of WDW's 50th...

                Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MasterGracey
                  Golden Mouse ears should be Disneyland-only peice of merchandise for the 50th.

                  What I would like to know, when WDW has it's 50th Anniversary, will Disneyland be allowed to steal it? It will probably be a WDW-only party and no other parks will even have the slightest trace of WDW's 50th...
                  I totally agree with this as well. Even though Disney is trying to "celebrate" (make money off?) it at all WDW, people who go to DL for the 50th should have some DL only merchandise. Selling it at WDW sort of takes the magic out of it. At least, for me, a dedicated DL/SoCal resident.

                  Question: Are they going to be selling 50th merchandise at the other resorts like TDL or DLP?
                  Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!


                  -- robotarmada.net --

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MasterGracey
                    I agree.

                    Golden Mouse ears should be Disneyland-only peice of merchandise for the 50th.

                    What I would like to know, when WDW has it's 50th Anniversary, will Disneyland be allowed to steal it? It will probably be a WDW-only party and no other parks will even have the slightest trace of WDW's 50th...

                    I agree. We didn't have 25th memorabilia from WDW in 96!!!! We didn't have 2005 Inaugural trading pins...those were exclusively at WDW................
                    Katie :yea:
                    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!








                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Disneykat
                      I agree. We didn't have 25th memorabilia from WDW in 96!!!! We didn't have 2005 Inaugural trading pins...those were exclusively at WDW................
                      For WDW's 50th anniversary, they'll just sell us leftover hats from DL's 50th... all crossed out with Sharpie to say WDW...
                      Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!


                      -- robotarmada.net --

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by testtrack321
                        Get over it for crying out loud. Why were are at it, how about WDW takes back ToT, ok? Deal?
                        Yeah, while we're at it, how about we take back Space Mountain? Big Thunder Mountain? HISTA and Star Tours too. And why not the Astro Orbitor? We'll even take back MuppetVision 3-D, and It's Tough to be a Bug!.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What's with the whole World War III thing. It's all Disney, who cares if they sell golden Mickey hats in WDW. I mean, sheesh, get over it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            [QUOTE]Yeah, while we're at it, how about we take back Space Mountain? Big Thunder Mountain? HISTA and Star Tours too. And why not the Astro Orbitor? We'll even take back MuppetVision 3-D, and It's Tough to be a Bug!.


                            1st of all, we got thunder mountain a year before you so u guys copied us on that. 2nd, we got Star Tours three years before WDW so u copied that as well too. And you guys didnt get the original astro orbiter, Paris did. You can take back Pooh and Buzz, we dont want them.
                            "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
                            __________________________________________________________

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              [QUOTE=DL_CRAZE][QUOTE]Yeah, while we're at it, how about we take back Space Mountain? Big Thunder Mountain? HISTA and Star Tours too. And why not the Astro Orbitor? We'll even take back MuppetVision 3-D, and It's Tough to be a Bug!.


                              Oh u can take back Hista too, we were better off with Captain EO.
                              "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
                              __________________________________________________________

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by ImaginEAR
                                Yeah, while we're at it, how about we take back Space Mountain? Big Thunder Mountain? HISTA and Star Tours too. And why not the Astro Orbitor? We'll even take back MuppetVision 3-D, and It's Tough to be a Bug!.
                                Wasn't Big Thunder and Star Tours at Disneyland first?

                                Since you're taking stuff back, why don't we just take back the whole basis of your Magic Kingdom park? The whole theme of the park, and many of the lands are all copies of the original stuff over at Disneyland. You can just take the attractions you had first and stick them elsewhere while we take back the Magic Kingdom. muahaha
                                Last edited by MasterGracey; 04-02-2005, 12:16 PM.

                                Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  It seems that ImaginEAR need to get his story stright cuz he clearly know what he's talkin about. Good point Master Gracey, WDW did take the whole original Magic Kingdom concept. They took most of all the famous attractions from Disneyalnd that made it what it is today.
                                  "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
                                  __________________________________________________________

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    You guys absolutely KILL me with the whole "us vs. them" mentality.

                                    I, for one, am a fan of Disney theme parks. They each have something unique and different to offer. Some have similar attractions, and some of those attractions are better in one park than in others. It doesn't make me want to declare war on ANY theme park. I just go, and enjoy.

                                    Breathe.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      yeah, how bout you all shut-up.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Thank you Rainfully. Well said.

                                        While it is strange that WDW is celebrating Disneyland's 50th in such a major way. It is really up to the consumer to decide if the want to buy this stuff or not. Will Disneyland's castle sell merchandise as WDW? That remains to be seen.

                                        Some people need to stop getting so defensive any time someone posts something they don't like to hear. (I've already given negative rep to the offending individual(s) who would much rather attack than discuss)

                                        -The Dusty One
                                        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

                                        Find us on Facebook: .

                                        How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                        Save

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X