Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney World is selling Golden Mouse Ears!!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I was going to say, "although the Mickey is dressed differently, at least the logo next to him still says '50 Disneyland est. 1955' to rep the DLR," but on closer inspection, the 50 is replaced by the WDW castle and the banner below does say Walt Disney World. I guess this is better -- it sort of divests itself of being a real hard core 50th piece of merchandise. Now it's just another color choice for Mickey Mouse ears. If the logo had maintained the "50" numerals but replaced the banner with "Walt Disney World," then I'd more than raise an eyebrow.
    My finger points.

Comment

I always thought the gold ears looked kinda ugly myself :confused: then again I'm not the kind of person who would wear Micky ears

anywho it would be nice if DL did get some specific merchendise, either that or from here on out all celebrations are global (waits for dozens of Disney fans to cry out in pain of the thought of not only cloned attractions but cloned celebrations)
      "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

I don't understand this us vs. them mentality at all. I have very fond memories of and love both WDW and DL.

As far as who got what first, it's so random that it is silly for one group to claim ownership over an attraction or attaction concept. For example, Space Mtn was designed for DL but opened at WDW first because a gas shortage in the early 70s slowed down DL's cash flow. Thunder was designed for WDW, but opened at DL first because of construction delays at WDW (most of the show elements were built at the same time).

But if you really want to blame someone for WDW (not to mention Paris) celebrating DL's 50th. Look no further than Michael Mendenhall, Executive VP of Global Marketing & Senior Creative Executive for the Disneyland Resort. He doesn't work at DL or WDW; his office is in Burbank. And you should get used to this sort of thing. Parks & Resorts Marketing will be handling all large promotions globally for the forseeable future.

Perhaps the DL-only fan club will be happy when two new attractions are anounced for DLR on May 5th and WDW doesn't get anything...then perhaps they will be even happier when WDW doesn't get any new attractions for at least 2 years after EE.

I can understand being upset that it is not being made clear that it is DL's 50th, but I don't understand resenting the other parks for it. Blame Burbank.
        Last edited by Mr. Eggz; 04-02-2005, 05:18 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr. Eggz]Perhaps the DL-only fan club will be happy when two new attractions are anounced for DLR on May 5th and WDW doesn't get anything...then perhaps they will be even happier when WDW doesn't get any new attractions for at least 2 years after EE.
          QUOTE]

Am I missing something about the 2 new attractions? I haven't heard anything about this. Unless you are talking about Remember and POD

Comment

Also, I am not "against" Disneyworld per say. I am a bit disenchanted that Disneyland has become the Cinderella of the parks recently. Disneyworld had the 100 yr birthday of Walt Disney celebration and he never even lived to see it to completion. So, although I am going to Disneyworld for the first time in June. I know that DisneyLAND will always be my second home because it is THE original. In this case...bigger is most certainly NOT better!

Comment

Such amazing territorialism expressed by some members. Makes me wonder if some of us are part canine.

Comment

Hmm, I wonder why Disneyland didnt get anything for the 100 year Disney Celebration?
                "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Originally posted by mickhyperion
                  Such amazing territorialism expressed by some members. Makes me wonder if some of us are part canine.
                  It's not territorialism it's jealousy...and those fans of Disneyworld are not understanding that for some time the foundations of our park(Disneyland) have been crumbling beneath our feet at the hands of Mr Michael "corporate scum" Eisner and his cronies in Strategic Planning while Disneyworld gets all the glory and new rides and parades and fireworks shows(although Believe is still one of the most magical experiences of my life). I just want to say that I have no qualms with disneyworld or the people who go there unless they have(as some WDW folks do)a superiority complex. So, excuse my fellow Disneylandians and I if we have an inferiority complex. We do not mean to be rude or brash with you. We just want the respect that we so deserve as fellow Disneyites

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
                    Hmm, I wonder why Disneyland didnt get anything for the 100 year Disney Celebration?
                    Pressler

Comment

I tried to go to Disneyland and celebrate Walts 100th and all I got was this hat!

http://www.mckyfoto.com/ParkScrapboo...HotelHatTN.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by neuhickman79
                        It's not territorialism it's jealousy...and those fans of Disneyworld are not understanding that for some time the foundations of our park(Disneyland) have been crumbling beneath our feet at the hands of Mr Michael "corporate scum" Eisner and his cronies in Strategic Planning while Disneyworld gets all the glory and new rides and parades and fireworks shows(although Believe is still one of the most magical experiences of my life). I just want to say that I have no qualms with disneyworld or the people who go there unless they have(as some WDW folks do)a superiority complex. So, excuse my fellow Disneylandians and I if we have an inferiority complex. We do not mean to be rude or brash with you. We just want the respect that we so deserve as fellow Disneyites
                        Interesting. So fans are divided between Disneyland and WDW? And rides and attractions are created for one group and not the other?

Seems to me we're all Disney fans here, not Disneylanders and WDW-ers. I live in Seattle myself and visit both resorts twice a year, so which camp does that put me in?

There are no winners and losers here because we're all free to visit both resorts anytime we want. If a person cannot afford to visit a park on the opposite side of the country that is truly unfortunate, but it doesn't mean attractions have been placed at one resort or the other in order to exclude people.

So Disneylanders have an inferiority complex? How sad. I guess I'm happy to consider myself merely a fan of Disney Theme Parks and not a downtrodden victim stuck in one park.

And WDW fans have a superiority complex? Wow. That's the first I've ever heard of that one. In my experience, it's quite the other way around.

I think the trick is to learn to love both and then all the pain will go away.

Comment

Interesting. So fans are divided between Disneyland and WDW? And rides and attractions are created for one group and not the other?

Seems to me we're all Disney fans here, not Disneylanders and WDW-ers. I live in Seattle myself and visit both resorts twice a year, so which camp does that put me in?

There are no winners and losers here because we're all free to visit both resorts anytime we want. If a person cannot afford to visit a park on the opposite side of the country that is truly unfortunate, but it doesn't mean attractions have been placed at one resort or the other in order to exclude people.

So Disneylanders have an inferiority complex? How sad. I guess I'm happy to consider myself merely a fan of Disney Theme Parks and not a downtrodden victim stuck in one park.

And WDW fans have a superiority complex? Wow. That's the first I've ever heard of that one. In my experience, it's quite the other way around.

I have no pain...and I really don't have any qualms except with what's happened with Disneyland which is finally being restored to it's glory by CM Matt. So, no worries...I've got love for the WDWers! I just prefer Disneyland. Although, as I said I've never been to WDW, DLP, or TDR. So, we'll have to see! But, Disneyland is THE original! There's no denying that...and there's no topping it either. But, as I said no worries...HAKUNA MATATA!!!!

Comment

Thank you, I cannot give you enough points. I'm just TIRED of all the WDW is better or DL is getting on respect crap on these boards. AHAHAHAH!!!
                            ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

Even though the new hats addition does hurt me in some way, I did see it coming. So, don't be surprised if we get the same plushes, mugs, clocks, shirts, hats, sweaters and pins, but with different logos.

However, remember Disneyland deviants, we still have Robert Olszewski's "Disneyland In Minature" specific Anaheim centered collectibles to look foward to, right?
                              I lurk.

Comment

Anybody else notice that it looks like the ears at DL are better-made? The 50th logo on the DL ears appears to be 100% embroidery, whereas the WDW appears to have a patch sewed on, with just embroidery around the edges.

DL ears:
                                http://laughingplacestore.com/images/products/5545L.jpg

and a relink to the WDW ones:
                                http://laughingplacestore.com/images/products/5684L.jpg

Just basing that on the pics - maybe it's just that the pic of DL ones is a bit clearer. *shrug*

I'm with those that are fans of Disney theme parks - I consider WDW my home resort, BUT love them both and jump at the chance to visit either!
                                -Ann

WDW:
                                July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
                                Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a :monkey:?

Comment

Isn't it obvious? The DL one has Mickey as a glorious band leader, the WDW one is just another pawn in the parade, but still part of it. That's nice symbolism, I think. They thought this through. I really don't see how this could "hurt" people.

Comment

strange... I was at Down Town disney WDW yesterday... and they had the regular ones at World of Disney....

and said WDW was not going to get these... strange...

Comment

Originally posted by Labuda
                                      Anybody else notice that it looks like the ears at DL are better-made? The 50th logo on the DL ears appears to be 100% embroidery, whereas the WDW appears to have a patch sewed on, with just embroidery around the edges.
                                      well, the normal ears in the two places are different anyway.
                                      WDW's black is much darker, the ears are circles, and the Mickey logo on the front seems to be "softer" than DL's

with DL's ears, the black isn't as dark, the Mickey logo is "sharper" and the ears themselves are not as round (like the shape in the two pictures mentioned by Labuda) personally, i prefer the DL shaped ears, but I don't like how they put the sticker on the back of them.

Also, the adult size of DL's is larger than WDW's.

but, this is about the golden ears. I say, who cares? DL's have the big 50 on them and WDW's dont. everyone is complaining how WDW is "stealing the 50th" and now they do something that doesn't, and its still not good enough. WDW is simply taking part it the Happiest Celebration on Earth (and the 50th anniversary of Disneyland is certainly a happy occasion!)
                                      ------

------

Comment

[QUOTE=neuhickman79]
                                        Originally posted by Mr. Eggz
                                        Perhaps the DL-only fan club will be happy when two new attractions are anounced for DLR on May 5th and WDW doesn't get anything...then perhaps they will be even happier when WDW doesn't get any new attractions for at least 2 years after EE.
                                        QUOTE]

Am I missing something about the 2 new attractions? I haven't heard anything about this. Unless you are talking about Remember and POD
                                        I believe he is talking about Monsters Inc (which has begun construction) and the Nemo Sub ride (which will begin construction or at least move up another phase in it's planning next week)

we don't know for sure that WDW won't get attractions only that WDW hasn't announced anything, time will tell but presently Disneyland is getting a head start on stuff following the 50th

it is also rumored/said that DCA has several different Eticket concepts in the running that are all origional and that the goal is to have one open in 2007 or 2008

as far as shows go I think that WDW and DL are about even actualy, WDW is getting two shows and an exact copy of Soarin, Disneyland is getting several upgraded rides Buzz and a parade that's supposed to be amazing and an amazing fireworks show

to me parades, fireworks and shows are all pretty darn similar because they're all just things you sit down and watch and arn't very involving. That said I perfer parades/fireworks.

I'm seeing three things for WDW, three things for Disneyland, two things for tokyo (or was that three I might be forgetting something?) and um Two things for paris

arguably Tokyo gets the most valuable things but even then it's debatable since those additions were being made anyways and Tokyo isn't really advertising much for the 50th at all it seems
                                        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Someone PLEASE tell me that they still have the normal hats. I am going for my frist trip in 8 years and have not had a micky hat since age 6. I want my ears adn I don't want some lame gold crap.

I still rember my ears. Red hat with black ears and a "Mickey Mouse Club" patch. :o
                                          Last edited by monorail_rider; 04-03-2005, 10:29 PM. Reason: type'o

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X