Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney World is selling Golden Mouse Ears!!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Labuda
    Anybody else notice that it looks like the ears at DL are better-made? The 50th logo on the DL ears appears to be 100% embroidery, whereas the WDW appears to have a patch sewed on, with just embroidery around the edges.
    Actually, the DL one isn't even a patch sewn onto the hat around the edges. It's a patch that's glued to the hat. I don't have a WDW hat so I can't speak for its craftsmanship but I imagine it's the same.
    My finger points.

Comment

Originally posted by Bass Shakers
      Actually, the DL one isn't even a patch sewn onto the hat around the edges. It's a patch that's glued to the hat. I don't have a WDW hat so I can't speak for its craftsmanship but I imagine it's the same.

Hmm, really? OK, well, I'll be getting both my sets in May - going to WDW and friend bringing me my DL ones when we meet up there. I'll compare and contrast at that point when I have each set on hand at the same time.
      -Ann

WDW:
      July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
      Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a :monkey:?

Comment

They are both Walt Disney Parks

Isn't it true that Walt Disney chose the sight for WDW. I can understand the fondness people have for their favorite Disney Parks, but I feel that Disneyland got the special touch of Walt Disney. He did not live to see WDW. I am visiting both parks this year, and I am more excited about seeing Disneyland for the first time. WDW likes to go all out for any special event. It is what I refer to as "the Powers that be" that make these marketing decisions. Everyone shoul lighten up and enjoy the good feelings that being at all the Disney parks bring. Disneyland was the first. They should be flattered that everyone is jumping on the "50" band wagon.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

You people do realize that you are arguing about a cheap piece of plastic and cloth that is being sold in a theme park that is home to an imaginary mouse? Why are you so upset about such a peice of crap? :monkey:
          Disney Selfishness
          adj.

1. Concerned chiefly or only with oneself pertaining to the Walt Disney Company and its theme parks and what the company owes to the person in question.

See also unreal expectations

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
            Hmm, I wonder why Disneyland didnt get anything for the 100 year Disney Celebration?
            You can go ahead and take the Sorcerer's Hat from Disney MGM Studios. It's an eyesore, blocks the Great Movie Ride, and serves no other purpose but to sell merchandise. That and a bunch of banners were all that we got from the 100 Years Celebration, aside from a very interesting but sadly temporary version of what you folks in Disneyland will soon have inplace of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

I don't see the point to be arguing over merchandise or attractions when each Disney park has its own good points and bad points. Disneyland has IJA, the Matternhorn, a new Space Mountain, a new Jungle Cruise, the original Tiki Room, IASW Holiday, Haunted Mansion Holiday, a superior POTC, a superior Buzz Lightyear, a superior Animators Tour, Aladdin, and Club 33 NOT to mention an awesome audio CD collection that will only be available at Disneyland. And Matt Ouimet... who should be cloned like Soarin' to also run all of the other parks.

While over here in Florida we have several classic attractions and the overall quality control taking a downwards spiral. Carousel of Progress/Spaceship Earth is falling apart, Space Mountain is terribly uncomfortable, Stitch/Journey into your Imagination with Figment were terrible replacements, we have seasonal closings on Wonders of Life/Timekeeper, our 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is being replaced with a playground, our Golden Horseshoe is a meet-n-greet, and the Cindrellabration castle show is at best a funeral procession as well as a bleak representation of the original show.

I'm sure there are other problems and conflicts that we have here at WDW and I'm sure that Disneyland has it share of problems as well BUT let's not create a division between the community. I'm heading out to DL this summer, yes I know I'm crazy to even stomach those crowds, but there is certainly more to your celebration than what we have.

Comment

Okay people, is this really what disney wants? You fighting over the bigger park, and selling merchandise for the cellebration. My god people! Theres other things happening in this world, and your flipping over golden mouse ears! GET OVER IT, it's life! You guys need to realise this little fued is so stupid. We all like Disney, and Dl+ WDW = DISNEY! Guys, worry about more important things then golden mouse ears. This is pointless! This isn't what the 50th is about, your turning the Happiest Homecoming into a war zone, I'm sure Walt Disney would be very pleased

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
              ~

Comment

I bought my Golden Ears yesterday at Epcot and had them personalized at DTD with a big red "TDLFAN" on them. Look for me at the parks!! say Hello if you see me!!!

"Muska, Mouseka..."

Comment

Seriously? They let you put TDLFAN intostead of your name on them?
                  -Ann

WDW:
                  July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
                  Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a :monkey:?

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE
                    Hmm, I wonder why Disneyland didnt get anything for the 100 year Disney Celebration?
                    Because there's nothing authentic or honorary about it. It was nothing more than empty promotion to get people to walk through gates by stringing fondly remembered memories of Uncle Walt in front of their eyes.

Please, people, let's be honest here. It's just math! WDW gets more marketing and more merchandise and more budget and more attractions because it can hold more people, house more buildings, and tear a building down here and there when necessary.

Yes, DL lives in the shadow of WDW. It's shoehorned into the middle of an LA suburb and 90% of the place is untouchable or un-destructable thanks to the "That's Special, Walt Built It" factor. It's niche is being The Original, while every other park gets to enjoy the benefits of today's cutting-edge Disney technology thanks to having the land, the capacity, and the numbers to maintain it.

All this coastal envy needs to come to a gosh-darn halt. Don't make me turn this whole Disney car around!

Comment

WDW was Mr. Disneys favorite anyways!! :lol: :devil: :lol:
                      He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                      follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                      DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by Labuda
                        Seriously? They let you put TDLFAN intostead of your name on them?
                        Yes Labuda. the CM said it was Ok as long as it wasn't a profanity. ("Me profanity?" I said, "never! I am pure and child like and innocent...therefore I wear Golden ears!")

Comment

If we're splitting up the teams here, i consider myself a westcoast Disneylandian. But i can't wait to buy my golden ears when i go to Disney World next month!

Click the banner! ^^^^
                          Follow us on Twitter
                          @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                          Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMania
                            Yes, DL lives in the shadow of WDW. It's shoehorned into the middle of an LA suburb and 90% of the place is untouchable or un-destructable thanks to the "That's Special, Walt Built It" factor.
                            Gee, and here I am believing that DL is a far much better experince over the Mk at WDW in every respect! Even when DL was run by Cynthia and Pressler, it was a better park overall compared to the outdated and run down tragic Kingdom of WDW. Gimme DL over the MK *anytime*, regardless if it is tucked away in Anaheim. (Trust me, Orlando's south side is not all that lovely as you may all think)

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                              Gee, and here I am believing that DL is a far much better experince over the Mk at WDW in every respect! Even when DL was run by Cynthia and Pressler, it was a better park overall compared to the outdated and run down tragic Kingdom of WDW. Gimme DL over the MK *anytime*, regardless if it is tucked away in Anaheim. (Trust me, Orlando's south side is not all that lovely as you may all think)

I like WDW a lot but grew up going to DL. I agree that DL isbetter than MK. But they are BOTH great. Maybe its the fact that DL is the park. But I am stuck in Florida now and not complaning.
                              He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
                              follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
                              DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Well, I do complain because I feel I am not getting a Disneyfied experience at the MK to match that of the other DL parks in the World, especially Tokyo's.

Comment

But Tokyo's parks have the help of the OLC, up until recently Disneyland was crumbling under Pressler, so it's not really a fair area to judge on. Each disney park is unique in itsself. THey all provide different experiences, even the magic kingdoms. a Disneyfied experience happens at each park. True, disneyland does seem to have more magic than the MK, but they're both still great. People need to go to Six Flags and Paramount parks more often to see just how wonderful each and every disney park is.

Click the banner! ^^^^
                                  Follow us on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzapants
                                    But Tokyo's parks have the help of the OLC, up until recently Disneyland was crumbling under Pressler, so it's not really a fair area to judge on.
                                    True. Then I have an idea... Let's sell WDC to OLC and get WDW and DL up to that level of excellence, shall we? :lol: (<---this smiley kills you; use with caution )

Comment

Originally posted by monorail_rider
                                      Someone PLEASE tell me that they still have the normal hats. I am going for my frist trip in 8 years and have not had a micky hat since age 6. I want my ears and I don't want some lame gold crap.
                                      ?

Comment

Originally posted by monorail_rider
                                        Someone PLEASE tell me that they still have the normal hats. I am going for my frist trip in 8 years and have not had a micky hat since age 6. I want my ears adn I don't want some lame gold crap.
                                        I still rember my ears. Red hat with black ears and a "Mickey Mouse Club" patch. :o
                                        They still sell those at the MK's Hat shop on Main Street and other shops thru property. They also come in pink now a days... However, about those Golden Ears you called crap... they cost $9.95 and are a bit nicer quality than those you are refering to. Even the CM who did the embroidery (sp?) on mine commented how much nicer they are to the 'regular' ears they sell all of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                                          True. Then I have an idea... Let's sell WDC to OLC and get WDW and DL up to that level of excellence, shall we? :lol: (<---this smiley kills you; use with caution )
                                          Actually...not a bad idea...and yes, this guy lurks in shadows waiting to pounce ---> :lol:

Click the banner! ^^^^
                                          Follow us on Twitter

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X