Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney World is selling Golden Mouse Ears!!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied
    Those people walking around the Magic Kingdom with Mouse Ears like they're in Disneyland are just POSERS any ways hehehe. You have to be in California to experience the real Walt Disney park, let's face it.

Just kidding, i realize I'm posting this in the WDW section but that's what this thread is about right? making MagicKingdom goers know who's top dog. Didnt you guys read MiceAge articles by Ted, Disneyland even beat DisneySeas. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied
    Will all guests think golden ears are appropriate in FL ? -- No.

Will some guests ask for them if they dont see them ? -- Probably.

Should we have them available for guests that DO want them ? -- KA-TCHING KA-TCHING

What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• Coastierox
    replied
    Its like all the wal-mart stores celbebrating their birthday, it just don't matter! I mean it does because its Disney, but come on its a BIG dealI think that all the parks are allowed to celebrate.

Leave a comment:

• Pizzapants
    replied
    I'm partial to Disneyland. It has a few more things to do and overall looks a bit nicer (especially now,) but i'm not about to rip on the Magic Kingdom. I love it there too! ANd when i go there, i can't wait to get Golden Mickey ears! Ba-ZING!

Leave a comment:

• Labuda
    replied
    More cohesive theming, cleaner, better CMs, and more Magic.

DL is what MK *should* have been, even with DL's crippled-but-now-recovering Tomorrowland, there's loads more to do in DL than there is in the MK.

Leave a comment:

• Gostone
    replied
    Having not been to DL yet, what is the difference you see that makes it so much better than MK?

MK is alot of fun.

Is it the fact that it is the original? Does it have better or more themeing? Is it cleaner? More magic?

I would love to get to DL just to see the differences.

-Gostone

Leave a comment:

• LSPoorEeyorick
    replied
    LSPoorEeyorick presents... DIS-Side Story!

*whistles Jet signal*
    *snaps fingers*
    When you're a West, you're a West all the way
    From your first pair of ears to your last dyin' day...
    When you're a West you're a fan of the 'Land,
    a superior park built by Walt Disney's hand...
    ---
    I want to be in Walt Disney World
    OK by me in Walt Disney World
    I buy gold ears in Walt Disney World
    Big castle mirrors in Walt Disney World!
    ---

I'm going to be confused at the rumble tonight. I grew up going to WDW every few years. My family-- originally five, now spawned out to 15-- still meets at my parents' timeshare at that rate. Most of my happy childhood memories were made at or near those parks.

But I moved to Los Angeles three years ago, and I got my first annual pass to DL shortly thereafter. I've spent more time there since that day than I have in WDW for my whole life. I've come to love its charm and history.

I like both. I don't think that WDW is too vast, I don't think that DL is 'crammed in' or in anybody's shadow. Like I tell my nieces and nephews and pets and collection of stuffed animals, there's room for everybody in my heart.

I don't have a problem with cross-marketing. I DO have a problem with the way DIS is fuzzing the details in marketing this celebration. It's terribly misrepresented.

In the last week, I have dealt with confused acquaintances who aren't regular DIS customers, but who are hoping to join in for the celebration. Conversations went as such:

Me: You're going to DL on May 5?
    He: Yup! We wanted to be part of the anniversary.
    Me: I haven't decided if I'm going to go on the 5th, but I'll definitely be going on the 17th of July.
    He: Why?
    Me: Why, it's DL's 50th anniversary, of course!
    He: No, it's not. That's May 5.

__
    She: I'm so glad you're knowledgeable about WDW, we feel kind of lost preparing.
    Me: I'm happy to help.
    She: I haven't ever been there before, but we wanted to go for the 50th anniversary.
    Me: They are definitely having some celebrations there, but it's actually DL that is celebrating its anniversary.
    She: Um, I think it's WDW.

Ears at both parks? Sneakily labelled merchandise? Tricky splitting of focus (5/5 or 6/17? WDW or DL?) It's all a part of the same plan, and that plan is to make money. I wish that the plan didn't feel the need to so confuse people who aren't avid enough fans to research online.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Nephythys
    Here is my actual response....

So?
    :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Nephythys
    replied
    Here is my actual response....

So?

Leave a comment:

• Pizzapants
    replied
    I like 'em both. I'm partial to Disneyland overall, but i'm not going to be biased and hate MK. MK still makes me happy, so it succeeds its purpose.

this has be a useless ramble from Jacko. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    Originally posted by MickeyMania
    Really? I've never been to MK, so I'm always stuck with the sights of the glossy promotional pictures and other people's vacation photos on the internet, which make it look like DL on steroids.

Regardless, I wasn't debating quality in that post. I was saying that yes, WDW gets the lion's share of the commercials, the marketing, the new attractions, etc. DL is a plot of land stuck in the middle of what is otherwise your typical modern California ...
    Yes, really about the first paragraph. I am at the MK almost weekly and visited DL just before Cynthia left. DL still looked in better physical shape overall. Something about those bricked sidewalks on Main Street...

And as for <<DL is a plot of land stuck...>> DL is also the best worst kept secret Disney has in the USA. Everybody knows the place but do not appreciate it because they <<have never been to the MK>>.

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Barbaraann
    Isn't it true that Walt Disney chose the sight for WDW. I can understand the fondness people have for their favorite Disney Parks, but I feel that Disneyland got the special touch of Walt Disney. He did not live to see WDW. I am visiting both parks this year, and I am more excited about seeing Disneyland for the first time. WDW likes to go all out for any special event. It is what I refer to as "the Powers that be" that make these marketing decisions. Everyone shoul lighten up and enjoy the good feelings that being at all the Disney parks bring. Disneyland was the first. They should be flattered that everyone is jumping on the "50" band wagon.
    Good point. And since I'll be in FL this fall I will probably be witnessing a lot of that jumping first hand. Personally I just love how many people will be visiting Disneyland again in a long time or for the first time. I think that's amazing. I love the feeling of being that park so I am excited for everyone else.

I must admit the golden ears to bother me also (and the WDW text is kind of close together) but I am glad they have them to make guests happy. Each WDW guest that buys them will be in a way, saluting Disney and specifically DL in my eyes.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied
    Originally posted by TDLFAN
    Gee, and here I am believing that DL is a far much better experince over the Mk at WDW in every respect! Even when DL was run by Cynthia and Pressler, it was a better park overall compared to the outdated and run down tragic Kingdom of WDW. Gimme DL over the MK *anytime*, regardless if it is tucked away in Anaheim. (Trust me, Orlando's south side is not all that lovely as you may all think)
    Really? I've never been to MK, so I'm always stuck with the sights of the glossy promotional pictures and other people's vacation photos on the internet, which make it look like DL on steroids.

Regardless, I wasn't debating quality in that post. I was saying that yes, WDW gets the lion's share of the commercials, the marketing, the new attractions, etc. DL is a plot of land stuck in the middle of what is otherwise your typical modern California city. In the case of WDW, the company practically owns a city's worth of space and can do as they like.

I wish we could bulldoze some of the Wal-Marts and stuff outside the berm and get four parks running over here, too. Not going to happen, sadly.

Leave a comment:

• Pizzapants
    replied
    It's a global party!!! No reason to complain! I'm excited and am rooting for all the parks!

Leave a comment:

• Nephythys
    replied
    Personally, I am happy to get a chance to get some Golden Ears myself when I go to WDW in May. Right now I MAY or MAY NOT make it out to DL in December, and so might not get a chance to buy my own ears. It's more fun to get your own than have someone buy them for you-

I love both parks- and I don't know what the h-e-double hockey sticks is wrong with some of you. Fighting over this?

Leave a comment:

• ti2gr
    replied
    Keep in mind that besides being Disneyland's 50th birthday it is also

The 50th Birthday of DISNEY theme parks
    The 50th Birthday of THEME PARKS, after all Disneyland was the first "theme park"

This is why all the Disney parks are celebrating.

They are celebarating 50 YEARS of DISNEY theme parks.

Disneyland is celebrating 50 YEARS of DISNEYLAND.

It's the same as when you go to another business say a department store that just opened , but when you walk in there are signs saying they are celebrating there 125th anniverary, or the McDonald's that just opened 2 days ago and starting April 15th will be celebrating it's 50th birthday.

Disney World, TDR, and DLP and well HKDL will be celebrating 50 Years of Disney THEME Parks, and Disneyland will be celebrating it's 50th birthday.

Leave a comment:

• Pizzapants
    replied
    Not that kind of b****!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    Ok... Too much info.

Leave a comment:

• Pizzapants
    replied
    I was kinda honored to be Boba Fett's b****. Just look at my smile!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    I love you avatar pizzapants!! It's so...so.. submissive! :lol:

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X