This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney World Signature Sounds

I am very familiar with Disneyland, but wanted to know what you Disney World folks think are the best and most unique sounds/music at WDW that Don't exist or are completely unique from Disneyland?
    VISIT my sketchblog: M54

Re: Disney World Signature Sounds

I would have to say the ambient music in Animal Kingdom, the music for Illuminations (possible the greatest ever) and the Epcot fountain music (screw the Bellagio in vegas!)

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

"please stand clear of the doors. Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas."
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I think that the sounds of Epcot really are distinctive to WDW. The entry music, the fountain music, Illuminations, and the individual nations music are very WDW! Since no other Disney Park complex has an Epcot, that park is really WDW signature distinctive.
        Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

I agree with teh Epcot Ambiant music, especially the entrance plaza, and the Innoventions area gets me too.

I also think Tomorrowland has some great ambiant music...don't know if it's the same at other parks, but I love listening to that on streaming radio.

Comment

Here's what's ingrained into my mind with WDW.

Epcot entrance loop: Epcot theme
            Click

Spaceship Earth: The Rennaissance
            Click

Spaceship Earth: Communications tunnel
            Click

Spaceship Earth: "Your vehicle is rotating backwards..."
            Click

Epcot entrance loop: America Spread Your Golden Wings
            Click to download from The Sound of Magic

Tomorrowland Indy Speedway: Sound of old-school diesel Autopia cars
            No download link

WDW Today hotel room audio loop
            No download link (too big to post!)

One Little Spark would be on there too except I don't know of a good version of that, the only ones I have of decent quality seem to have Dreamfinder's lousy singing. Heh.

I also have a live recording of the MK TL loop with the remix of Miracles from Molecules that I love, although I don't know if they use this one in DL too since it's been so long since I've been there. It very may well because it certainly doesn't make sense to hear Inner Space music at WDW's Tomorrowland but there it is anyway.

Comment

(monotone voice) "NNNNOoooww approaching Walt Disney's Carousel of Progressssss"

Comment

Originally posted by Taggart
                (monotone voice) "NNNNOoooww approaching Walt Disney's Carousel of Progressssss"
                Ah, but you forgot everybody's favorite part.

Comment

Actually, I prefer "paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow..."

Comment

isnt there anymore, but one of my favorites is the sound clip of "sir" and skippy from extraterrorestrial alien encounter. sir gave me the creeps. a lot.

Comment

The music one hears as they walk around WL. There is morning music (calming) mid-afternoon music (bang bang and violins strumming) and the night music (which calms one as they head back to their room to soak ones feet and relax after a day in the park.) I can still hear it in my head as I dream of returning.

Comment

thanks for the links to the 'sounds' mickeyMania...very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo
                          "please stand clear of the doors. Por Favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas."
                          You got it. When I saw this thread I instantly thought of "Monorail Guy" and then saw you beat me to it. :clap:

Seriously, though. There's something about that voice that whenever I hear it makes me smile. Perhaps a combination of riding the Epcot loop and hearing the announcements and facts about the monorail and Epcot along the way..

Also, I love that he introduces and closes each episode of the "Walt Disney World Resort: Plugged In" podcast. It's very tongue in cheek.

"Please mind your head and step...."

Comment

Originally posted by ron10036
                            You got it. When I saw this thread I instantly thought of "Monorail Guy" and then saw you beat me to it. :clap:

Seriously, though. There's something about that voice that whenever I hear it makes me smile. Perhaps a combination of riding the Epcot loop and hearing the announcements and facts about the monorail and Epcot along the way..

Also, I love that he introduces and closes each episode of the "Walt Disney World Resort: Plugged In" podcast. It's very tongue in cheek.

"Please mind your head and step...."
                            I agree. So cool to hear him on the podcast! Made me instantly smile, and realize that this was indeed the official podcast...

Comment

"Please stand clear of the doors" is Jack Wagner, no longer with us. The podcast voice is the main spiel voice. "Ladies and gentlemen, please watch your head as you exit the train."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X