Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Ever Gotten Sick After Riding M:S?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Gotten Sick After Riding M:S?

How many of you have gotten sick after riding Mission: Space? I'm curious to see if this is something that's gotten blown out of proportion, or if it's a real concern.

If you choose option 2, please specify how much time it took for you to feel better.
    Yes. Bigtime in fact! Ruined the rest of my day.
    5.97%
    Yes. Only for a few hours/minutes (Specify).
    22.39%
    Not at all.
    71.64%

Re: Ever Gotten Sick After Riding M:S?

Yes, but it was my own fault. I woke up late, so I rushed on, and didn't eat breakfast. I am also very prone to motion sickness. It was no worse for me than after doing Big Thunder. I've thrown up at Six Flags and Disney World parks seemed no worse. So my answer would be: Yes! Bigtime in fact! But it helped make my day!

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O
      Yes, but it was my own fault. I woke up late, so I rushed on, and didn't eat breakfast. I am also very prone to motion sickness. It was no worse for me than after doing Big Thunder. I've thrown up at Six Flags and Disney World parks seemed no worse. So my answer would be: Yes! Bigtime in fact! But it helped make my day!
      Here I thought I was the only one who is affected by not eating before doing thrill rides. I think that's why I got sick after riding RnRC - didn't eat breakfast that morning.

One question: How did getting sick after riding M:S make your day? Or do you mean the ride itself made your day?

Comment

I was well aware that Mission: SPACE was going to make me sick. But I enjoy thrill rides so I just sort of press on while feeling dizzy. I had four attractions that I wanted to experience: Mission: SPACE, Tower of Terror (DCA is better ), PhilharMagic, and Expedition Everest. I knocked one off my list and I was happy.

Comment

Haven't gotten sick on MS and I've even done the look to the sides and closed my eyes too.

Comment

I haven't gotten sick either the few times I've ridden it.

I think part of the problem is people see the warning signs all over the queue and pair that with the "horror" stories that go around, some people get it built up in their minds so much they think they're going to get sick and end up doing so as a result.

Comment

I rode M:S back in February. When we "launched," I started to feel a little dizzy, but I took a deep breath, sat back in my seat and relaxed. Didn't have any problems after that.

I talked to Goofy afterwards. He was okay with it too.
              Attached Files
              Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

I never felt a thing whenever I rode it. I rode it on a weekly basis while on my College Program. I even TRIED to make myself sick but couldn't. On the same note, I never saw anyone getting off sick, but then again, I was never looking for it either.

Comment

Never. Always cool. Made myself sick on the TeaCups. Got woozy on Body Wars and Primeval Whirl...never Mission: Space.

Comment

Originally posted by erick13
                    Haven't gotten sick on MS and I've even done the look to the sides and closed my eyes too.
                    I looked to the sides on my ride during a time when there were fewer g's. No problem there.

Comment

Originally posted by disneytim
                      I rode M:S back in February. When we "launched," I started to feel a little dizzy, but I took a deep breath, sat back in my seat and relaxed. Didn't have any problems after that.

I talked to Goofy afterwards. He was okay with it too.
                      Same here. When the thing first started, I felt a bit dizzy. Once used to it, though, no problemo.

Cool Goofy pic!

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
                        Never. Always cool. Made myself sick on the TeaCups. Got woozy on Body Wars and Primeval Whirl...never Mission: Space.
                        Interesting. Do you think it's because you can't see the movement of the vehicle on M:S? Or another reason? Or, don't you know?

Comment

Closed my eyes during the launch, didn't feel good after the ride ended. Didn't ride for a few more hours.

I have a very high tolerance for motion sickness.
                          ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

of the many times I rode it last fall.. I only felt sick once or twice, but it was my own fault not following the instructions... I was looking of to the side at the people I was with, and fooling around because I thought I could handle it..... but even that was not too bad. felt fine after about 10 mins or so.
                            Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Comment

I don't handle spinning very well anymore and was very concerned before riding, but I really wanted to experience it. I was queasy enough to know that I couldn't ride it again that day, but not enough to stop me from riding it on future visits during our 10 day stay. The feeling went away pretty quickly and we headed straight for Test Track.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X