Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Yeti On Everest

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Yeti On Everest




    You know, looking at these pictures, the Yeti on Everest just doesn't look that impressive. The one on the Matterhorn creeps me out more. To me, it just looks like a dirty stuffed teddy bear with bad, yellow teeth.

    But that's my opinion. What do you guys think?

  • #2
    Re: The Yeti On Everest

    How about now with proper lighting?


    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The Yeti On Everest

      Just wish that you could see that thing for longer...

      Have you faced the Yeti?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The Yeti On Everest

        Um yah...impressive...and scary. There was a picture of it up close on Jim Hill Media and the mouth looked very realistic. The tounge looked real and so did the teeth.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The Yeti On Everest

          Originally posted by testtrack321
          How about now with proper lighting?


          Eh, no- still not working for me. TBH, I was expecting something much fiercer- more evil in the face. More fur, more slobber. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but...eh. I was expecting more from an attraction that already doesn't really give as of now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The Yeti On Everest

            Question: Have you seen it in person? If you haven't, then you are not experiencing the whole thing. For most things, a picture (or video) just doesn't do it justice.

            Picturewise though, imo, it certainly looks much more fierce & scary than this....


            (which to me looks like one of the Norway trolls dipped in flour).

            -Michael
            You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality. - Walt Disney

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The Yeti On Everest

              honestly, I think that the stuffed yetis in the gift shop are more fierce than the Matterhorn one.

              Not to say I don't think the Matterhorn yeti rules in his own way. It's just that the EE yeti actually, y'know, looks like a yeti.

              Have you faced the Yeti?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The Yeti On Everest

                Originally posted by A Disney Dreamer
                It looks good, don't get me wrong, but...eh. I was expecting more from an attraction that already doesn't really give as of now.
                :monkey: Trying hard not to bite that bait.

                I think he works darn well. When you see him under proper lighting and actually moving, reaching out for you, it is cool. He is amazingly fluid, and the teeth and the glowing eyes might not seems so great in a photo, but once you realize what they are on and that his hand is the size of you...they are much more frightening. The impressive nature of this beast is something still photos do not convey, you can't be unimpressed by him until you've at least seem him in person. :thumbdown:

                I'm with Mikey, compared to Yeti, Harold doesn't look at that great, but I have to see him in the context of racing by him on a bobsled to really know how cool he is.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The Yeti On Everest

                  Originally posted by tloolgb
                  :monkey: Trying hard not to bite that bait.

                  I think he works darn well. When you see him under proper lighting and actually moving, reaching out for you, it is cool. He is amazingly fluid, and the teeth and the glowing eyes might not seems so great in a photo, but once you realize what they are on and that his hand is the size of you...they are much more frightening. The impressive nature of this beast is something still photos do not convey, you can't be unimpressed by him until you've at least seem him in person. :thumbdown:

                  I'm with Mikey, compared to Yeti, Harold doesn't look at that great, but I have to see him in the context of racing by him on a bobsled to really know how cool he is.
                  It looks OK, I'll admit that- great even. I was just expecting more.

                  And plus, I can tell that your a die-hearted Everest fan (your 'Everest, I love you' clearifies that). So, of course when people disagree you'll disagree with that person. The Yeti is fine and, yes, actually does look like the Yeti. But don't compare it to the Matterhorn's Abonible Snowman. That ride's almost 50 years old. Everest is totally new. Terrible comparison.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The Yeti On Everest

                    But don't compare it to the Matterhorn's Abonible Snowman. That ride's almost 50 years old. Everest is totally new. Terrible comparison.
                    .........
                    Originally posted by A Disney Dreamer (Post 1)
                    The one on the Matterhorn creeps me out more. To me, it just looks like a dirty stuffed teddy bear with bad, yellow teeth.
                    Last edited by TheDisneyInquisitor; 04-22-2006, 07:14 PM.
                    You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality. - Walt Disney

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The Yeti On Everest

                      The Matterhorn Yeti's only been around since the late 70's, it wasn't there originally, it was added along with most of the actual cave rockwork.
                      M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
                      sigpic
                      Flickr

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The Yeti On Everest

                        The ride is still almost 50 years old...

                        And sorry to everyone, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just don't think its THAT impressive, while others will differ. That's what makes this world so great- people have different ideas on everything!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The Yeti On Everest

                          I haven't even been on Everest yet and that yeti freaks me out. So far I've only seen Harold in person and he freaked me out too!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The Yeti On Everest

                            Let's not forget that EE's Yeti is also 25 feet tall, a scale of which isn't really perceived in photos. Also, if you saw the Science Channel's EE special, they had a whole segment on the Yeti, with Imagineers next to the Yeti so you can get a sense of scale. They also had a lot of footage of the Yeti moving, which was very impressive to see that much AA moving so fast.

                            From an engineering stand-point, this Yeti is INSANELY cool. From a show perspective, I really can't say anything...yet.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The Yeti On Everest

                              Originally posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
                              Question: Have you seen it in person? If you haven't, then you are not experiencing the whole thing. For most things, a picture (or video) just doesn't do it justice.
                              He hasn't seen it in person. He won't be convinced otherwise.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X