This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering a Photo Pass CD Online?

I read it somewhere recently that you can now order the Photo Pass CD online. Has anyone done this? I am traveling to Disney World in July, and I am traveling with 2 other families. We are planning to purchase a Photo Pass CD. We are going to try to combine all of our pictures onto one CD, in order to save money.

Any and All information is appreciated.

Thanks
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Ordering a Photo Pass CD Online?

I didn't order a CD, but it looked pretty easy. There'll be a web address and password on your PhotoPass card. Your pictures will be viewable on that website for 30 days (I think) after your trip. You can look at your pictures and order whatever pics you want.

I'm sure someone who did order one will post some additional info for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacha
      I didn't order a CD, but it looked pretty easy. There'll be a web address and password on your PhotoPass card. Your pictures will be viewable on that website for 30 days (I think) after your trip. You can look at your pictures and order whatever pics you want.

I'm sure someone who did order one will post some additional info for you.
      So they say. Most of my pictures remained on there for months past the 30 day limit. Here's the story... the pictures on Kodak's servers lasts 30 days (those are the "CMs" wearing costumes) and on Disney's servers the pictures last longer. Something I noticed is that even though some of the pictures would dissapear off the web site, when I went in the photo store at Epcot they appeared.

When I bought my CD they said there was a limit (not posted) of 300 pictures and they would see if they could fit more. Yes, all 314 pictures (remember I had more! :cblush fit on the CD with more room. I'm not sure if they have fixed that or not, but sharing photopass cards is probably more common that you think, especially since you are traveling together.

Since you are planning on buying the CD what I can suggest is this... have multiple photopasses (sometimes pictures get lost, the barcode doesn't read, etc.) and take pictures as often as possible with multiples. PhotoPass CMs aren't usually upset to take more.

Comment

Since I am going to be doing some solo traveling at Disney World, I really want to take advantage of Photo Pass as much as possible. I can use Photo Pass to get pictures of myself, in front of Park Icons, and with characters, etc, without having to bother strangers. I am using a digital camera, and I can then use that for pictures of other things, like the castle alone, etc. I use disposable cameras for character meals. I understand that Photo Pass is not part of the Ride Pictures. I figure since there will be 8 of us all together on a 9 day trip, we can have a lot of pictures on those passes. It has to be a lot easier to do the ordering, at home, instead of perhaps being rushed at the end of a long trip.

Thanks for the answers already, and I will continue to watch this thread, in case anyone else replyies.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

You can put more than one photo pass on a single CD if you are doing it online. I believe you can also get it while you're at Disney at a few key locations. Here's the site for the online CD purchasing.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I clicked on it. It basically said that you can order the CD online. It also says that you can not add the fancy borders or signatures onto the CD.

My second question. If you order the CD while still at Disney World, can you add the extra stuff to your pictures, before the CD is processed? I read that you could.
            BarbaraAnn

Comment

I read that too.

I currently plan on being at the Grand Floridian on Saturday (that may change, but that's the current plan) and I'd heard that was one of the places (the gift shop there) where you could get the CD in Orlando - so I'm going to try to stop by and ask them! I'll let you know!

Comment

I double checked at the Grand Floridian. If you're at a location that sells you the CD on site, you can add borders, etc to your pictures before putting them on the CD. They said no limit, other than (I'm assuming) the number of pictures the CD would hold, and if there are other people waiting (again, an assumption).

Comment

Originally posted by Drince88
                  I double checked at the Grand Floridian. If you're at a location that sells you the CD on site, you can add borders, etc to your pictures before putting them on the CD. They said no limit, other than (I'm assuming) the number of pictures the CD would hold, and if there are other people waiting (again, an assumption).
                  Thanks for the update. I will be staying at the GF at the end of my vacation, so I am going to ask all the proper questions, when I check in at that hotel on the Thursday that I check in, so that when I check out on Saturday, I will be properly prepared.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X