This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Discussion: Kali River Rapids

For our next ride discussion lets discuss Kali River Rapids. Some people find it way underwhelming, some love that you get soaked, while others hate that you get so soaked and there is almost no way to come off dry.
    The ride has a massive queue line that is more often no needed than needed, and it has great themeing all around.

So how do you like it?

Re: Ride Discussion: Kali River Rapids

I think it is one of the highlights of Disney's Animal Kingdom and now, more than ever, it complements Asia and Expedition Everest very well.

It is very well themed, and it is easy to dry in DAK's designed humidity and heat, so it is very easy to enjoy the entire experience. It is a little short, but I would definitely ride it again.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Hopefully I'll be able to give KRR a chance when I'm at AK in October. The wife and I were on a tight schedule and decided to turns on EE was more important than KRR but she wants to put it on our must see list for the next trip.

--Mr. DB
      Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

:ap: I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land! :ap:

Comment

if you do wear a swim suit or plan on bringing a change of clothes. because you will get wet. there is no way of avoiding it. the question is simply how wet you will get.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmash95
          if you do wear a swim suit or plan on bringing a change of clothes. because you will get wet. there is no way of avoiding it. the question is simply how wet you will get.
          It is very refreshing after a hot day at DAK to get drenched in Indian water!
          BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
          October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
          April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
          December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
          July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
          July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
          February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
          February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
          TRIP REPORTS

Comment

It's a bit of a love-hate relationship. I love these kinds of rides. I just hate thoughtless eco-friendly messages based on mass hysteria being crammed down my throat while I'm trying to enjoy a ride.
            -Tim

Comment

I love this ride. Has to be one of my favorite at DAK ( ihaven't been on Everest yet). It cools you off in the high humidity, it is fun, and it lasts more than 10 seconds.
              Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

My biggest regret when I took my family to WDW last summer, is that we never got around to going on KRR on the day we were at AK.

How does it compare to DCA's Grizzly River Rapids?

Comment

Sorry guys rode it with my family and by the time we were ready for the ride to get good... it was over! Too short! Underwhelming, the massive que leads you to believe this ride is going to be a bit more but I will say that it now does compliment Asia and EE (expedition everest) very well.

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

It is our family's favorite ride at Animal Kingdom during our summer trips. I agree that is is too short. Real fun ride though. Her is wife and daughter headed down Kali River Rapids...
                    29 visits to Walt Disney World and Disneyland since 1973 from the Great State of Texas! Stayed at Hilton Downtown Disney (4), Yacht Club (3), Beach Club, Poly, Old Key West (6), All Stars, Dutch Inn/Grosvernor (4), LBV Palace, Dolphin (2), Tree House Villas, Disney Institute, Coronado Springs and condos offsite.

Comment

I rode this ride once and it was enough for me. It's not that I don't enjoy water rides, it's just that river rapid rides like this one are at so many parks and the one at AK doesn't impress me at all. Nice theming in the queue but this is not supposed to be the line ride. A little creativity please!

Comment

Originally posted by ganggreen4jc
                        My biggest regret when I took my family to WDW last summer, is that we never got around to going on KRR on the day we were at AK.

How does it compare to DCA's Grizzly River Rapids?
                        GRR is much better. I don't really like Kali and when the line is long and I don't get a fastpass, I won't ride it. It's a very short ride and like someone else said, you get the eco-message slammed down your throat. However, if it's a hot day and you want to get wet, Kali will definitely deliver.

Comment

My biggest grip is I don't like getting wet. One I am dressed to look good dry, I'll be blunt. Two, I don't care how hot it is, you get wet in Florida's humidity you stay pretty wet. Not a fan of being wet.

That being said...I like the queue though I've never seen it full. The ride & queue are themed to the hilt, which is great! I don't mind the "save the forest" message. I think the ride is fun on its own. I agree it is short...but I don't want to spend more time on it and risk getting wetter, so I guess I like the length.

Comment

It seems to get you wetter now. Last time I got on the entire group got DRENCHED.

Comment

Never before have I felt so compelled to burn the rain forests.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X