This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The solution to the Mansion's problem

The problem, while your still wondering, is that it needs a well deserved rehab. We are all witnessing the great treatment the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland is getting and ours is in dire need of basic treatment and 21st century treatment. Most of us like the idea of the new story line of the DL Mansion and would love to see a realistic bride in our attic. The graveyard scene has been out of sync for who knows how long, the sound and lighting is fading, and now Madame Leota looks a little boring compared to DL. We can help fix these problems and more if you we just go to City Hall in the Magic kingdom and ask to fill out a complaint form and also talk to people that work there about it, let them know that people are concerned. If your a die hard Mansion fan like I am then you should notice the little things that need repaired and rejuvenated. Tell me what you guys think, the Mansion cant stay the same forever, it must come into the 21st century some time! Hope you all agree, and please don't get upset with me if you don't agree. Thank you.

Re: The solution to the Mansion's problem

I agree with you that the HM needs some TLC. Hopefully the success of the DL renovation will help the push for WDW's Mansion.

On another note, I heard that every morning a CM places a rose on Master Gracey's tombstone. I've seen the rose in past trips, but it was missing from the stone when I went earlier this month. Was that just a fluke or are they no longer taking the time to do that?
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

Comment

It's not every morning... it's more like a twice a month. lol

Comment

wow cool a rose I so need to go to WDW
        :crazylegs

Comment

not untill it gets some much deserved tlc. I hope that after pirates if finished they do the mansion. it is seriously in need a repair. and I would be embarrassed if I were MK management to even allow guests on this ride. especially the grave yard. the last time I rode it, the music was all out if sinc, the other sounds were practically inaudible and the popups looked so old they were farsicle. ( ok not sure if that is spelled right or even a word.) when they worked because half of them weren't working right. I would love to have madame leota floating as well. thank heavens my favorite scene looked halfway decent. I love watching the ghostly dancers glide throughout the ballroom. anyway it need to go down for at least 6 months for a complete overhaul because right now it looks like a brokendown carvnival ride.

Comment

TLC is a problem at most MK attractions, not just the HM. God knows the entire Fantasyland and Tomorrowland rides could use major renovations..especially Space Mountain. However, yes, our HM is the one in most dire need of refurbishing and upgrading, reason why I hardly ride it anymore.

Comment

While I dread the thought of another "Lets bash the out of WDW since Disneyland looks great now!!!!" thread I will admit the Haunted Mansion needs a nice rebuild rehab like IASW got. IASW wasn't in too tough of shape beforehand...but afterwards it looks (and still does) so good.
              That is what HM needs...it is in tough shape. I love it, still ride it the most of the attractions, but what I notice is not the dirty scrim, the out of sync audio in the graveyard (maybe I just add the music myself but I don't find the graveyard as bad as others). What I find off the most is the audio in the Doombuggies. At this point it needs a nice new system. Beyond that, there are maybe some AAs that could use a nice rebuild.

But I don't nessesarily want all the upgrades of Disneyland. I'd love a floating Leota, and TDL's walking book sounds cool, but I like our Bride. I say let DL have the new bride to google over. I don't like the look of it.

I think the Imagineers had fun with IASW's audio (though they screwed up Austrailia wicked bad and I do not forgive them for that) I'd like to see what they could do with the audio in the mansion.

HM should be next for a big rebuild...with Peter Pan's Flight following suit. Not that PPF is in tough shape...but I think what they could do with some new fx would be cool. Though they better not touch PPF's audio...I love it exactly how it is.

Comment

I'll stick to Magic Kingdom only because you don't want to get me started on Epcot, but here's the order of things I'd like to see worked on at MK.

Clean up MK as a whole:The park in itself could use some major TLC. Fix all the chipped and fading paint, fix the broken stones and areas that can be seen. That so takes away from the magic. There was a time when the MK was a gleaming, beautiful, shining park. Now it just seems dirty. Put more staff out to keep it clean and pick up trash, keep the streets clean. That would go a long way to keeping the park looking better.

TTA: This would be a fairly easy fix. Fix the track where it's broken, repaint it, fix the audio on it, and please find a way to let us see into more than just one location on Buzz like you used to be able to on IYHW. I'd also like to see an awesome post show in Space that could be seen from TTA like you used to be able to do, but that would be part of a SM overhaul.

HM: This needs to go down for a few months and get a complete cleaning, fix the audio (hopefully new audio system), give the new hitchiker ghosts that DL is supposed to get (if they work right), upgrade our seance room (I hate the floating instruments). I could care less about the rest of the attic although I wouldn't complain if we got the treatment DL got.

SM: I don't want a new ride in Space Mountain. I love it just like it is, however I would like to see the track and cars be refurbed so that it's a smoother ride, possibly on car audio (although I kind of like it like it is), redo the entire loading queu, and add an amazing post show.

Jungle Cruise: I'm not sure exactly what I want done at the Jungle Cruise. Part of the fun of this ride is the campiness and I don't want it updated so much that it looks real because that would take away from the funny portions of the ride. However, I wouldn't mind some refurbs, maybe some slightly better animatronics if they could find a way to keep that old school disney humor that we seem to miss on so many new rides.

After all that is done, please put an amazing E Ticket over where 20k used to be. I so miss the sub ride and seeing that area empty just makes me sad.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnole
                  SM: I don't want a new ride in Space Mountain. I love it just like it is, however I would like to see the track and cars be refurbed so that it's a smoother ride, possibly on car audio (although I kind of like it like it is), redo the entire loading queu, and add an amazing post show.
                  I agree I don't want Space's track changed...but I disagree on the rest. I don't want in car audio. Yeah it was cool on some rides but not every coaster needs music.
                  I like the classic (yes old and outdated to the rest of you) feel to Space's queue...and I am against a post show. :rant: It is the longest friggin moving ramp as it is...and while moving ramps are cool, people don't get the concept of walking along it or standing to the side and letting others pass. A new post show would make them park along the walkway even more than they do already, making it take longer to get off the ride.

Comment

So are any of you guys agreeing that we should go complain, or do you want to just complain on this forum. I for one am going to City Hall when I go in July to complain. Other wise its pointless to just talk about it. That was kinda the point of this forum...to go and complain...

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                      TLC is a problem at most MK attractions, not just the HM. God knows the entire Fantasyland and Tomorrowland rides could use major renovations..especially Space Mountain. However, yes, our HM is the one in most dire need of refurbishing and upgrading, reason why I hardly ride it anymore.
                      Which is why I don't ride Space unless it's a walk-on! I must agree this attraction does need a refurb! The sad thing is that for an entire week after Halloween it GOT ONE! :blink: I don't think it did much help. I learned that they extended it to a week to fix not only the treads but also the audio. But that didn't seem to happen.. at least I didn't notice any improvements.

Comment

I agree (I'll go to City Hall next March, but hopefully they would of already done some stuff)

Any one else notice the projections seem to be a little off? Singing busts + Little Leota

Comment

Originally posted by MstGracey
                          So are any of you guys agreeing that we should go complain, or do you want to just complain on this forum. I for one am going to City Hall when I go in July to complain. Other wise its pointless to just talk about it. That was kinda the point of this forum...to go and complain...
                          A complaint like that to City Hall should be handled very seriously & very carefully. Keep in mind you go down there and say "I didn't get my full narration is skipped out on _____ part and me and my internet buddies think it needs a reworking" its going to further worsen the cause. They are gonna say "great now we've got more of those Disney :geek: nerds out complaining like Disneyland has". And great we're just looked at as more of a pain in the *** than we are already.
                          It'd have to be more of "you know I was very dissapointed that each time I rode the Haunted Mansion it broke down on me...or I never heard what the ghost was saying to me in the car. It would be really nice if it got fixed and cleaned up so it was good as new, because it is one of my favorites"...well something not so cheesy but you can't just barge in and say "Complaint! Haunted Mansion needs a refurb! And give us Disneyland's new bride!".

Comment

Originally posted by MstGracey
                            In all seriousness, this is the correct action. Do you know how hardcore DisneyLAND fans are? They complain long and hard at Disneyland when they see a problem and thanks to the new management team headed up by Matt Ouimet they actually listen to comments and concerns and keep the park sparkling. So yes I encourage you and everyone else to voice your complaints (politely and intelligently to ensure your taken seriously of course). Next time I go I will notify them that I am troubled with ride maintenance at the Magic Kingdom. If you can't come to WDW or you want to complain right now..you can go to the official Walt Disney World website...find where you can send the company coments and voice your complaint online as well as in person.

Comment

Kill the spider hallway and put something there first, as it has even less substance then the attic. THEN work on the bride.

Originally posted by tloolgb
                              I agree I don't want Space's track changed...but I disagree on the rest. I don't want in car audio. Yeah it was cool on some rides but not every coaster needs music.
                              I like the classic (yes old and outdated to the rest of you) feel to Space's queue...and I am against a post show. :rant: It is the longest friggin moving ramp as it is...and while moving ramps are cool, people don't get the concept of walking along it or standing to the side and letting others pass. A new post show would make them park along the walkway even more than they do already, making it take longer to get off the ride.
                              To the contrary, I am for a new track but I do agree that no music.

Post-show, I'm mixed on. They never really went "all the way" with the Tomorrowland retheming of a science-fiction community because they quit building at Space. They can either continue the theme or kill it now. I would not mind seeing the dome light up in deep greens like the old TL96 concept artwork shows, and supposedly Space Mountain was to be how intergalactic beings arrived in Tomorrowland (original concepts showed a network of ships and space-cities floating in the air, probably a forced perspective trick, but that's not feasible or even a good idea in a park that stands in a hurricane path) from their homes in the future(?).
                              Last edited by MickeyMania; 05-24-2006, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X