This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireworks Viewing vouchers at WDW

After booking a trip to WDW they sent me all my travel info. Included was vouchers for "preferred standing room viewing of Illuminations and the MK fireworks."

Since they were free I made the reservations.

Anyone else do this? How is the view?
    sigpic
    Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Re: Fireworks Viewing vouchers at WDW

Hmmmm...didn't get anything like that on our trip in February.

Comment

I have never heard of that before, and I have never seen them blocking off a section of the Hub for such viewing... Sounds like a silly idea for a show that can be seen well from so many areas.... same for IllumiNations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie
        After booking a trip to WDW they sent me all my travel info. Included was vouchers for "preferred standing room viewing of Illuminations and the MK fireworks."

Since they were free I made the reservations.

Anyone else do this? How is the view?
        While I've never encountered the vouchers, there is one reserved seating location I'm aware of for Illuminations. It's at the UK pavillion, next to the Fish and Chips shop, and the view is pretty good.

Besides that, got me.

Comment

It can't be that. They say there is no seating, this is a reserved standing location.

They said for me to go to the Plaza Landing at MK and to the Morocco Pavillion in Epcot. I assume the viewing area is there, although it is possible that we check in there and they walk us someplace.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Club 33
            While I've never encountered the vouchers, there is one reserved seating location I'm aware of for Illuminations. It's at the UK pavillion, next to the Fish and Chips shop, and the view is pretty good.

Besides that, got me.
            They picked the right pavilion
            BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
            October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
            October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
            April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
            October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
            October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
            October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
            October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
            December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
            July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
            July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
            July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
            February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
            February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
            TRIP REPORTS

Comment

This doesn't have to do with the thread but, Sweetie, when and where did you get that picture with Jiminy Cricket?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway
                They picked the right pavilion
                That is a great location to watch IllumiNations..as long as the winds are not blowing out of the east/southeast of the park, otherwise, you will die of smoke inhalation once the pyro goes off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie
                  It can't be that. They say there is no seating, this is a reserved standing location.

They said for me to go to the Plaza Landing at MK and to the Morocco Pavillion in Epcot. I assume the viewing area is there, although it is possible that we check in there and they walk us someplace.
                  The plaza landing is not to bad at all for MK fireworks. (for those who dont know, its a seating area outside of the Plaza restaurant down towards the moat). I remember watching the fireworks from there when I went with my family in 2001 (before they started using it for reserved standing)

As for Morocco, the only place I can really see them roping off there is the Friendship boat launch.... but that cant hold that many people....
                  Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Comment

Awesome advice!

As for J Cricket, I just happened to find him outside Spaceship Earth on a weekday morning in April 2005.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, he's at Epcot quite often, and is at Animal Kingdom every Earth Day.

Comment

We did it for Fantasmic, it was nice because the arena was already full and we still got seats in an closed section.

Comment

I have never heard of the fireworks vouchers, either. This must be a new program they're experimenting with -- anyone remember the Dinner and Show program for Fantasmic?? I use to do that one all the time until they stopped running it. Has it come back? It was great because we could have a late meal and just walk right into the reserved seating area at the Fantasmic show minutes before it started. That program I get, but the fireworks vouchers???? As someone said before, there isn't a bad place to stand to see the fireworks. I've even watched them from a ferry boat taking me from Fort Wilderness to The Magic Kingdom. The ferry captain stopped the boat in the middle of the lake and we had an excellent view. True we couldn't hear the music of see the castle change colors during the show, but it didn't seem to bother anyone on the ferry!!
                          Hey, enjoy the vacation and let us know how your vouchers turned out!!!!!

sigpic
                          May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

Comment

American Express does the voucher program. As I said on another thread...my girlfriend and I were told to leave an area outside Tomorrowland because the space was reserved for 'American Express' customers. You did a good thing by getting the voucher. If I had know this...I would have gotten one also . Enjoy.
                            </IMG>

Comment

Originally posted by Hamlet Schmalzbach
                              American Express does the voucher program. As I said on another thread...my girlfriend and I were told to leave an area outside Tomorrowland because the space was reserved for 'American Express' customers. You did a good thing by getting the voucher. If I had know this...I would have gotten one also . Enjoy.
                              </IMG>
                              How long ago was this? A couple years ago (around 2003) Visa took over as the offical card for Disney.
                              Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X