This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago is Coming To MGM

Earlier this week I was at MGM, while there we rode the tram around the backlot. At first it was just the regular spiel, "the earful tower is based on a tower at the original disney studios..,etc." We were turning around near LMAX, just about to exit when our guide said "the streets of America feature recreation of New York and San Francisco; with Chicago due to be built next year."
    I had always thought they just scrapped all plans for Chicago but I guess I was wrong. Can anyone verify this or give more information. The CM who said this was an older gentleman. Who said it like it was fact and not his own rumor. I have not seen anything about this on any website.
    Last edited by horizonsfan92; 06-08-2006, 05:59 PM.
    - Horizonsfan

Re: Chicago is Coming To MGM

It is part of the spiel but who knows if it will ever actually happen ...i worked at the BLT during my CP and have said that many a times...I hated the way new york looked weeks before they started SOL ..i was positive they wouldn't finish the refurbishment in time and there would be bare steel gurters (spelling?) w/ lights on them but they finished it JUST in time for SOL ...who knows if Chicago is coming but it would be nice if they put it in there =o)

Comment

I'm not surprised by this. It seems odd that they are not admiting defeat and giving up on such an enhancement. It's not like an average day visitor will notice it is not there. Who's fighting so hard to keep this dream alive?
      - Horizonsfan

Comment

Ooooh that'd be kewl if they added a mini version of the musical somewhere in the backlot too to match...
        BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
        I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Comment

I thought Chicago had been added by now...

Comment

No. There is no Chicago in the backlot at MGM. There is that ugly dead end behind the ABC Commissary... MGM's ugliest spot. It needs to be covered with something soon.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X