This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Thing to Surprise a Significant Other With at WDW

Ok I'm going to WDW with my wife July 22-29th Staying at PO: French Quarter. We have all our dinner reservations at Epcot - All the places she wants to go. We have the Luau on Wednesday the 26th because it's where she wants to spend her birthday. Now me being the thoughtful and caring husband I am *cough*, I was trying to think of something to surprise her with for her birthday. Here is the thing the thoughtful and caring husband *cough* is having a brain fart, so I figured who better to ask than the wonderful people at Micechat. I though of tickets to La Nouba, but I would have to feel her out about it because she never expressed any interest before so any suggestions would be helpful

AND you would have the undying gratitude of a thoughtful and caring husband *COUGH COUGH*

Re: Best Thing to Surprise a Significant Other With at WDW

a divorce? That would really suprise her. .
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Comment

a pretty shocking one at that I agree. but I was looking for a GOOD surprise...Shoulda specified. sorry

Comment

how about a spa treatment? I bet she would love something like that to relax and enjoy to herself. or afternoon tea at the grand floridian? or does france still have the shop where you can create your own fragrance? also there are chocolate packages you can get. I don't know where you call to order them but there were several listed in the room service menu at the deluxe resorts. anyway that should give you somewhere to start.

Comment

I don't know about Spa Treatment, but chocolates Chocolates she loves. I'll have to check into that one

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyDelli
            a pretty shocking one at that I agree. but I was looking for a GOOD surprise...Shoulda specified. sorry
            I would take her to a superior Disney resort... either DLR in CA or TDR in Tokyo, then treat her to a romantic and expensive treat like dinner at the Napa Rose or Magellan's.

Comment

Visit to the hotel room by Aladdin, Hercules, David (of Lilo & Stitch, to go with the Luau theme) and Tarzan in their birthday suits?
              -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
                Visit to the hotel room by Aladdin, Hercules, David (of Lilo & Stitch, to go with the Luau theme) and Tarzan in their birthday suits?
                Hey, I would surprise ME with that present. The more, the merrier!

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                  I would take her to a superior Disney resort... either DLR in CA or TDR in Tokyo, then treat her to a romantic and expensive treat like dinner at the Napa Rose or Magellan's.
                  Ok good Ideas TDLFAN, but for budgetary reasons they cannot be accomplished within the next month.

As for a visit to our hotel room...I'll be the only character visiting her in a ....umm ok nevermind

Comment

I would go with your first instinct and go with La Nouba. Even if she is doubtful at first the show will win anyone's hearts. I defy anyone to walk out of that show and say they weren't very well entertained.
                    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
                    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
                    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

Very true about La Nouba I was completely blow away with the show, all the better that she hasn't showed interest in it(does she know about it?). That way she will be even more surprised by it.

A day of pampering at the spa is also a good idea. But personally I would prefer a visit from the Disney hunks.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Segway tour in Epcot! More fun than it sounds!

Click the banner! ^^^^
                        Follow us on Twitter
                        @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
                        Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

it wouldnt be a surprise so to speak but at each of the parks they give out bday buttons, im not sure where at epcot but i know magic gives them out at city hall.

Comment

Originally posted by Crystal2485
                            it wouldnt be a surprise so to speak but at each of the parks they give out bday buttons, im not sure where at epcot but i know magic gives them out at city hall.
                            Yes, make sure you get a birthday button. I am having trouble thinking also... does she have a favorite character?

Comment

First off, I agree, Birthday Button is a must.... I am going for my Birthday this year and I am going to wear it the whole week i am there (they can be found at guest relations at each park. MK, AK, and Epcot all have diffrent Birthday Buttons.... I believe the ones at MGM are the same as MK... but I could be wrong)

Next, Make sure if you have hotel reservations of PS, make sure you tell the operator that it is her birthday. Sometimes depending on the location they will do something fun/special for you.

For example when I went to WDW with my then G/F two years ago, I made a PS at Le Cellier at Epcot and told the operator on the phone that it was her Birthday. When checking-in at the restaurant I saw on the screen that she had written it was her Birthday in all Caps on the computer. Then at the end of our dinner they brought out a huge piece of Chocolate cake with happy birthday to her writing in chocolate around the plate (At no extra charge too!).

Another example happened just the day before our meal at Le Cellier. We made last minute PS (about 2 hours in advance) for Liberty Tree at MK for dinner. When we were seated, we were surprised to find Mickey confetti and streamers on our table. Turns out someone else stated that it was their birthday that day, but the party ended up cancelling their PS.

Also you can contact the Disney Florist and have flowers or a gift basket sent to your room while staying there.... (a quick google search found this page... not sure how current the prices are, but just for an Ideas http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/florist.html, or you can call them at 407-827-3505)

A random thought, Ever think about suprising her with a fireworks cruise at MK or Epcot? I havent done one personally, but have heard really really good things about them. info about the illuminations cruise can be found here: http://allearsnet.com/btp/illum.htm

oh, and while on all ears finding that link I found this link too! A list of Birthday things to do for adults: http://allearsnet.com/pl/bdayad.htm.

But what ever you do and what ever happens I'm sure she will love it all the same.
                              Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X