Nightmare Before Christmas Dark Ride coming to the Studios???

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghostbuster626
    Banned User
    • Jan 2005

Nightmare Before Christmas Dark Ride coming to the Studios???

I just heard a rumor from a reliable source that a Nightmare Before Christmas Dark Ride may be coming to the Studios in addition to Midway Mania. The ride is supposedly being considered for the SOUNDS DANGEROUS building. I really hope this happens.

Anyone heard anything??
  • JT Mac
    Gobble, Gobble, Gobble
    • Jun 2006

Re: Nightmare Before Christmas Dark Ride coming to the Studios???

The last time I heard that name come up it was as a Halloween offering, like Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party but for slightly older crowd, not a permanent attraction.

That being said, I really like the idea of a Nightmare before Christmas ride. I would worry that it would seem out of place except during Halloween and Christmas however.

Comment

• filmfreak11
      ...TWO BITS!
      • Sep 2005

POSSIBLE SPOILER:

I think I read this rumor first in JHM. I think he said it would be more permanent to make up for WDW's Magic Kingdom not having Haunted Mansion Holiday. It's in a movie theme park, so I think the holiday themes are fine. But it would certainly be more popular in the holidays. I know I saw concept drawings that were proposed for Disneyland's MBC area. It involved overhead track (ala Peter Pan's Flight) and flying in coffins.

Bottom line: I like the idea of Disney MGM getting a permanent TNBC attraction.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
      -Jurassic Park

Comment

• kcnole
        • Mar 2006

There was a long discussion on this somewhere recently. It even included some links to the concept artwork for this. I don't know how reliable the rumor is but this isn't the first time I've heard it.

Comment

• horizonsfan92
          If We Can Dream It...
          • May 2006

I don't doubt this has been talked about but, being located at Sounds Dangerous seems weird. If they do build it there it will be one small ride. Unless, it would also take over the abc theater (superstar tv).
          - Horizonsfan

Comment

• FrumiousBoojum
            Huh?
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by horizonsfan92
            Unless, it would also take over the abc theater (superstar tv).
            Which isn't a big loss.... they already destroyed the show that place was built for years ago.
            -Tim

Comment

• kcnole
              • Mar 2006

It's my guess that if it went there it would take over the entire building, not just the sounds dangerous building.

Comment

• RockStarTink283
                Disney-it's a way of life
                • Oct 2005

You know I hope this is true, And FB is right, it wouldn't be such a big loss to use the abc theatre. Sounds Dangerous is out of date and needs to be replaced, and the other building isn't being used. So why not place a TNBC ride there?

If anyone can find the links to the concept art, that'd be great, I'd love to see it.
                ~My journey started in the Frontier of the Magic Kingdom, but my heart now lies in Africa. I will always belong in the wilds, be it the frontier or African bush country. I thrive on adventure.~

::WDW College Program Campus Rep::

::Spring Quarter Advantage 2007 Operations::
                :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide- Again!::
                ::Summer Alumni Program 2006 Operations!::
                :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide::
                ::Fall 2005 Quick Service Food & Beverage::
                ::Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Cafe
                ::

"You reach a point where you don't work for money." - Walt Disney

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

Comment

• kcnole
                  • Mar 2006

Here you go. This is old concept art, but some of it may be reused. It may not be either.

Domain for Sale. ChristopherMerritt.com. Request Price. What Are the Advantages of a Super Premium .Com Domain? Increased Traffic. Search Engine Ranking. Brand Recognition. Immediate Presence. Higher Profits. Great Investment. #1 in Premium Domains. 300,000 of the World's Best .Com Domains.

Comment

• yoyoflamingo
                    How do you do?
                    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                    • Jan 2005

I really like this idea....especially since The Studios needs more dark rides. Hopefully, Muppet Movie ride will not be far behind either...
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

• figment1986
                      Banned User
                      • Jan 2005

Nightmare attraction... I would love to have this...
                      Imagine the nighttime things they could do... this park could pull off an awesome Halloween festival... complete with PG-13 elements... lol (which is why they should not use the soundstages for a attraction that is permanent...)

Comment

• MandaBella
                        • Jul 2005

I like this idea. The Studios needs more rides, I love TBNC, and Sounds Dangerous is lame. Sounds Dangerous is the napping attraction in MGM isn't it?
                        Amanda
                        Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today? :love:

Comment

• StrongStyle
                          FuseMP
                          • May 2006

I would love to see more Muppet stuff, its a Franchise that is begging to be exploited, so many of us grew up on Muppets that we would love our kids to watch the old stuff and there be new stuff to enjoy. Unfortunately though I dont see them doing a new Muppet ride while there is already/still the Muppet 3D show. BUT, I would like to see more merchandise (had to get the Electric Mayhem shirt) and Sweetums could come out and sign autographs.

ok, here's me aged 5ish

CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
                          www.facebook.com/FuseMP
                          www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

• kcnole
                            • Mar 2006

I'd like a muppet ride, but come on we already have one muppet attraction in this park. They're taking over MGM. How dare we even consider putting a muppet dark ride in MGM. We might as well call the place Hensonland.

Comment

• lisaboo
                              xmanmom
                              • Jan 2006

Oh, I REALLY hope they do this. It would be awesome! We are going to WDW for the first time this fall and I have been thinking that it might be my only time since I live in California. But, if they put this ride in, I would make sure that I went at least one more time to experience it. Yes, that is right, I would make a whole trip just to go on one ride!

Comment

• Chapter13
                                • May 2006

Why would there be a problem with holiday themeing? There is, after all, a small segment near the muppets theatre with permanent x-mas decor, complete with a snow man.

Comment

• horizonsfan92
                                  If We Can Dream It...
                                  • May 2006

Originally posted by kcnole
                                  I'd like a muppet ride, but come on we already have one muppet attraction in this park. They're taking over MGM. How dare we even consider putting a muppet dark ride in MGM. We might as well call the place Hensonland.
                                  Doesn't Disney own the rights to the muppets now? I maybe wrong, again, but I plainly remember see in the newspapers, on tv, and other places that they finally won rights to them. If that is the case then kermit and the gang is just as much disney as buzz,nemo, and flik are.
                                  - Horizonsfan

Comment

• Cmash95
                                    Banned User
                                    • Jul 2005

all i can say is YUCK you don't need another haunted ride on property. one haunted mansion is enough thank you. it also sounds too much like peter pan in the ride system.

Comment

• figment1986
                                      Banned User
                                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Cmash95
                                      All I can say is YUCK you don't need another haunted ride on property. One haunted mansion is enough thank you. it also sounds too much like peter pan in the ride system.
                                      That was in an artists portfolio for their proposal.... besides.. that is blue sky stuff... Monster's was going to be done with doors... which worked great in proposal till they realized how much it would cost.... and they worked around with it and found the taxi.....

This doesn't say it's going to be a haunted attraction.... it's nightmare before Christmas.. meaning imagine the stuff they can have around the building... that and it's not another haunted mansion.... it has a story and follows jack around.. (Maybe return to the old rides where your the main character.. but the public may never understand it...)

Comment

• FigmentJedi
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by StrongStyle
                                        ok, here's me aged 5ish

Gee, I wonder why you look so freaked out in that picture...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X