This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Attractions?

What is the worst attractions you have EVER been on. Not just things that are bad by Disney standard, I mean REALLY awful rides in and out of Disney.

Re: Worst Attractions?

The Scooby Doo dark ride at Kings Island is worse than a carnival funhouse. We're talking 2D cutouts for the characters and sets. It's a disgrace, but not a surprising one since Paramount killed any charm the park had when they bought it.

Comment

On Disney property, I think Sounds Dangerous is pretty lame. It's only redeeming value is it's a great place to take a nap.
      Amanda
      Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today? :love:

Comment

The entire waterpark at Six Flags, Great America, near Chicago.

Let's see, where do I start...
        First off, they don't charge extra to get in, but they do (did last summer anyway) charge extra to rent a raft to go on most of the rides....many of which were not operating the day we were there! So, you're stuck with this huge raft, that you paid $12 for, to lug around so noone walks off with it, and most of the rides you can use it on are closed. Great. The one big family water slide that was operating that day had at least a 2 hour wait. No way was I standing in line with a 3 and 6 year old for that amount of time to take a 30 second ride!
        Then there's the lazy river which wasn't lazy at all. Every 10-20 feet or so there was something to squirt or drop water on you. Not very relaxing. The giant climbing thingie made for kids was the same way. No matter where you went on the thing, you got squirted by cold water.
        Oh, then there's the $5.00 or whatever to rent a locker.
        The rest of the park sucked as well. Very little if any shade, dead palm trees, little or no theming, overpriced food etc.
        Very disappointing.

In the park's defense, it had just opened that summer. Hopefully some of the glitches like rides being down and dead palm trees got worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by MandaBella
          On Disney property, I think Sounds Dangerous is pretty lame. It's only redeeming value is it's a great place to take a nap.
          I agree, since I've actually fallen asleep in there.. haha

Comment

on disney property Stitch's great adventure, other than disney... that's a hard one will have to think about it a bit.

Comment

Worst Disney: The Circle of Life, it's the only disney attraction I've ever started falling asleep in, and that was at 10:00 AM!
              Worst Non-Disney: That's tough....there's so many cedar fair and six flags rides screaming for attention.
              - Horizonsfan

Comment

Worst attraction per park should be noted:

Magic Kingdom: Pooh's playful spot

Epcot: Present version Journey into Imagination

Disney Studios: Drew Cary's Sounds Dangerous

Animal Kingdom: Primeval Whirl
                Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

I'm sticking in the Disney Parks.

Magic Kingdom: Stitch
                  Epcot: Ellen's Universe of Energy
                  MGM: The Power Rangers (Not a ride, more of a meet and greet but I don't think they need to be there. LOL)
                  Animal Kingdom: The Entire Dinoland.. the theme is soooo NOT Disney.

Comment

I wouldn't say ENTIRE Dinoland...the Dino Institute/Dinosaur area isn't THAT bad.

Okay, now to join in on the fun:

Magic Kingdom: Hrmm...didn't do it on our trip, but Indy Speedway? I actually enjoyed Stitch for some odd reason (not for an "Oh my God, best Disney attraction ever sort of reason), but I didn't mind it, and I even waited a good 20-30 for the attraction.
                    Animal Kingdom: Triceratops Spin....another one of these? Ew...kick it out.
                    Disney-MGM Studios: Sounds Dangerous. What's the point of this thing again?
                    EPCOT: From what I did, Living With The Land. Total snoozefest. I mean, at least I LIKE JIYI in its current state.
                    Other: The Jack Rabbit at Celebration City in Branson, Missouri. If you look for pictures of it (be careful how you search that on the Internet), you'll see why. The thing looks like it would literally fall apart. Like, not jokingly or exaggeratedly like we sometimes do on MC, but seriously. It's also beyond rough.

Comment

Indy Speedway or Stitch.
                      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

WDW: Indy Speedway
                        Epcot: WoM
                        MGM: Sounds Dangerous
                        Animal Kingdom: The Dino rollercoaster

Comment

MK - Stitch's Great Escape
                          Epcot - Maelstrom
                          MGM - The Magic of Disney Animation (MickeyMania was right)
                          AK - Pocahontas Show
                          Last edited by dxwwf3; 06-16-2006, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Sad, Stitch had great potential too. I concur that Stitch's Greatest Mistake is the worst in the MK. At least Hall of Presidents you can take a break and nap in.
                            Amanda
                            Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today? :love:

Comment

Originally posted by dxwwf3
                              MK - Stitch's Great Escape
                              Epcot - Maelstrom
                              MGM - Lights, Motors, Action
                              AK - Pocahontas Show
                              Out of curiosity, why all the hate for Maelstrom and LMA?

Personally, I feel that Maelstrom>El Rio del Tiempo.

Also, as a quick and unrelated note, the configuration of your signature user bars has caused the horizontal scroll to act kind of weird.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X