This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report WDW/POR 6/12-6/19

Well ladies and gentlemen, here it is, our family's trip report for our WDW Trip during TS Alberto. I will be posting one day of our trip each day, so be sure to come back!

The cast:

DM- Our mother. Does everything for our family: a.k.a. the standard mother plus a whole lot more! Loves doing planning for our vacations, so our Disney trips are always very well choreographed from arrival in the world to our last moments in Orlando. Age-41

Me- The high school sophomore who stresses over school excessively. I have loved Disney for as long as I can remember. This being our fourth trip to WDW and our first trip during the high summer season, I could not wait for it. I am the Disney fanatic in our family so I pushed for this trip the most. Male, age 16.

DS- The typical teenage daughter/sister. She believes she is always right, fights with my mother constantly, and is in love with Zac Efron. (spelling?) Age-13

Day One-Departure/Epcot (Future World)

Re: Trip Report WDW/POR 6/12-6/19

Very nice, I can't wait to read more.

Comment

Wow, good trip report. I hate to make any Mice Chatters unhappy, but Mouse Planet is a good place to publish trip reports. They stay in the archives forever. You might want to send them your completed one.

Comment

We just missed each other...I was at Port Orleans, French Quarter 6/15-6/20! Just got home!! Wanna go back!
        "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
        - Skipper Mike

Comment

Thanks for the report and hope you can sneak a few pictures in if you can.

Comment

Day Two!

must
            I feel the need to express something about staying at POR. If you stay and POFQ, you only have one bus stop in the front of the resort. This may sound like a bad thing, but the busses will always stop and pick up people from POFQ before POR. That means that in the morning when we are taking the bus from POR to a park, there was usually no sitting room left on the bus because the POFQ stop had filled all the available seats. Just a word of warning to all future POR guests.
            While I was at the room watching some TV, it started to down poor again. This time, the rest of the family (DS,DM,DF) where right in the middle of MGM with no protection from the rain. The Lights, Motors, Action show had been canceled, so after Beauty and the Beast and the torrential rainfall, they headed home. When they got back to the resort, they where soaked to the skin. We hoped that this was the last of the rain from Alberto, but while in Florida, you never know.
            Tomorrow- The one and only Magic Kingdom!

Lightning McQueen from the new Disney Movie Cars.

DF posing before Mator, from the movie Cars.

Comment

Awl, sorry to hear about the rain. At least you guys got to ride a few things before the downpour began. Nice report so far. I'm looking forward to the MK!
              "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
              - Walt Disney

Comment

Awesome Trip reports!! Cant wait to hear more!
                About the Character Cars, are they real cars that are driven or wat??
                Ty for answering

-Nikki

Comment

Rain in the Magic Kingdom. As common as those rain parka's that 'magically' appear when the buckets pour from above. Man, I would love to know what they 'take' in a year of selling those things. Probably close to what Microsoft makes . Enjoying your trip reports. Hope all is going well.
                  </IMG>

Comment

Sorry about not getting the MK one out yet, life's passed something big my way, so it will be out soon!

To answer Nikki, yes, the cars are driven by people inside them. It was quite cool to see the cars up close. Their eyes and mouth moved also.

Expect Magic Kingdom part one sometime tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by fightingillini
                      Sorry about not getting the MK one out yet, life's passed something big my way, so it will be out soon!

To answer Nikki, yes, the cars are driven by people inside them. It was quite cool to see the cars up close. Their eyes and mouth moved also.

Expect Magic Kingdom part one sometime tomorrow!
                      Ty for answering!!
                      Cant wait to read more

-Nikki

Comment

Day Three!

Day Three- The Magic Kingdom Day One

will let you use them after the time. We utilized this with every fastpass we got, and it made the trip much less stressful! After SM, we headed back over to BTM and used our fastpasses for that. During our first trip, there was no such thing as FP. What a great invention Disney! Finally, it seemed that we were tuckered out of walking around the MK. We headed toward the exit through Adventureland and picked up some Dolewhip Floats and Dole Whips at the Aloha Isle. For those who have never had a Dole Float, it is pineapple juice and the signature Dole Pineapple ice cream on top. It is so good, be sure to grab one next time you are in MK!
                        Sorry that this report took so long to get out, somethings came up. Tomorrow: Just hanging around POR. Expect lots of pictures and a report of the hotel.

One of the Dole Whips! (and a Diet Coke)

DS posing in front of Cinderella Castle.

Comment

Nice report...

That was a really short day at MK, but you seemed to have fun

cant wait to read tomorrow!!

-Nikki

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X