Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Drinks served in a pineapple?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinks served in a pineapple?

I saw a photo today of a drink from somewhere at the Polynesian served inside a pineapple! Anyone know what restaurants serve these?
    sigpic
    Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Re: Drinks served in a pineapple?

I had a drink in a pineapple when I ate at the Ohana restaurant in the Polynesian. I bought it at the bar in the waiting area. It cost about $15 but I splurged because I was on vacation! It tasted kind of like a Sex on the Beach type drink. I didn't really care for it, so after I drank it, I poured my Coors Light into the pineapple and drank that!!!!

JULIE
    This is my signature.

Comment

I've seen these at Ohana's. Depending on the flavor you'd like, they serve it to you in a - pineapple - I've been to Ohana's many times.. so depending on what you like, this drink is pretty good, according to many who have tried it - I haven't yet, maybe I will later on! I just stayed at the Polynesian, and it was great!

- WDWGirl :ap:

Comment

Great. I just love the idea of drinking from a pineapple.

Perhaps I watch too much Gilligan's Island.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JulieNMM
          . I didn't really care for it, so after I drank it, I poured my Coors Light into the pineapple and drank that!!!!

JULIE
          :lmao:

Comment

I am pretty sure the drink is called a Lapu Lapu. It is potent (or harsh depending on your tolerance). I have had one and it was decent but I still prefer a Mai Tai.

Comment

I've had rainbow ice cream served in a pineapple... but this was at Hawaii on, I think, a Polynesian theme park of some sort where the college students in that park also work for it... I think this info is right. I really liked the place

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
              -Jurassic Park

Comment

Photo of the pineapple.
                sigpic

Comment

Saw the pineapple drink last night at The Contemporary... interested me, but knew that it was probably alcoholic
                  Too bad I can't get a smoothie or a Dole Whip Float inside one of those things... the Dole Whip would be perfect
                  WDW College Program Alumni
                  May 22, 2006 to January 3, 2007 - Custodial/Adventureland Operations
                  May 16, 2007 to August 10, 2007 - Custodial

August 18, 2008 to January 2, 2009 - Yet to be determined Attraction!
                  Hello Everyone :wave: Go Zags!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorwingel
                    Saw the pineapple drink last night at The Contemporary... interested me, but knew that it was probably alcoholic
                    Too bad I can't get a smoothie or a Dole Whip Float inside one of those things... the Dole Whip would be perfect
                    The Contemporary? Where?
                    sigpic

Comment

I saw someone carrying one
                      It was on the lobby floor, first floor I believe
                      I do believe though that the woman had brought it over from The Polynesian, unless they sell a pineapple drink at all of the bars at the hotels in the WDW Resort
                      WDW College Program Alumni
                      May 22, 2006 to January 3, 2007 - Custodial/Adventureland Operations
                      May 16, 2007 to August 10, 2007 - Custodial

August 18, 2008 to January 2, 2009 - Yet to be determined Attraction!
                      Hello Everyone :wave: Go Zags!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X