This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney's Wide World of Sports

I am ashamed to admit that I (both a sports and Disney fan) have never been.

Is it worth going? The website is a bit confusing when it comes to finding any events other than Braves and Bucs.

Also, can you get there via bus? The internet searches I have done only give driving directions.
    sigpic
    Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Re: Disney's Wide World of Sports

It's just a sports complex. Unless there's something going on that you want to see... I don't think it's really worth it.

Comment

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/WWS.htm

The above website has an article that explains that in order to go to the Wild World Of Sports Complex, you have to catch the bus at MGM studios. I have never been there, but the Bucaneers are scheduled to begin their practice in July, and my fellow WDW travelers are thinking about going on the first day.
      BarbaraAnn

Comment

My husband, cousin and oldest son are planning on going there in August to catch the Bucs training camp.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie
          I am ashamed to admit that I (both a sports and Disney fan) have never been.

Is it worth going? The website is a bit confusing when it comes to finding any events other than Braves and Bucs.

Also, can you get there via bus? The internet searches I have done only give driving directions.
          I've never been there either (huge Disney fan, but not into sports...) Here is what I know:
          - it's the official spring training home of the Atlanta Braves
          - it's across the street from Pop Century
          - you can't get there directly from any of the WDW resorts - either drive or - go to the Disney-MGM Studios - from there, you can take a bus to WWoS

Comment

Great advice all.

I might check it out on my next trip, but I will make sure to check it out in the Spring. Seeing the Braves would be pretty cool.
            sigpic
            Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

ah yes, the Buccaneers!!!! My husband found out their training camp is going to be there for a day, isn't it? He's sick that we're not going to be there. He's a HUGE Bucs fan.

Comment

I'm tempted to go to the Bucs training camp too. I need some Mike Alstott drool time.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X