Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

    If this is old news then I'm sorry, but I was shocked to discover this. As I was exciting the Haunted Mansion Thursday evening I was pointing out to some friends where the proposed shop might go and then walked around the corner to show them the pet cemetery. I looked up near the top and did a double take, up high on the hill sat the old Mr. Toad statue that used to sit above the attraction!!!!! At first I thought I had to be mistaken, but as I kept looking I knew it had to be him.

    Sooooo I asked the nearest cast member or Mansion Butler in this case and he did not even know who Mr. Toad was so he sent me to an older cast member and said she would know. I went over and asked her and she said indeed that was Mr.Toad and he was added a couple months ago. She also said he had a funny phrase for a grave marker next to him. According to her it says...

    DEAR MR. TOAD
    IT'S SAD BUT TRUE
    NOT NEARLY AS MARKETABLE
    AS WINNIE THE POOH

    I had to share it with everyone, I thought it was so cool that Mr. Toad has once again been immortalized in the park and in such a funny way.Go check it out, I will try to get a picture up of it by next weekend.

  • #2
    Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

    Originally posted by TarzanRocked99-06
    If this is old news then I'm sorry, but I was shocked to discover this. As I was exciting the Haunted Mansion Thursday evening I was pointing out to some friends where the proposed shop might go and then walked around the corner to show them the pet cemetery. I looked up near the top and did a double take, up high on the hill sat the old Mr. Toad statue that used to sit above the attraction!!!!! At first I thought I had to be mistaken, but as I kept looking I knew it had to be him.

    Sooooo I asked the nearest cast member or Mansion Butler in this case and he did not even know who Mr. Toad was so he sent me to an older cast member and said she would know. I went over and asked her and she said indeed that was Mr.Toad and he was added a couple months ago. She also said he had a funny phrase for a grave marker next to him. According to her it says...

    DEAR MR. TOAD
    IT'S SAD BUT TRUE
    NOT NEARLY AS MARKETABLE
    AS WINNIE THE POOH

    I had to share it with everyone, I thought it was so cool that Mr. Toad has once again been immortalized in the park and in such a funny way.Go check it out, I will try to get a picture up of it by next weekend.
    Is THAT what happened to him? So....all of the lesser animals get killed off in the Wonderful World of Disney? How very sad.

    Roger Rabbit is not much to look at. Maybe he'll be next.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

      I've heard he was there, but never anything about the marker. I really hope the marker is there.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

        I wish I had known about this before I went to MK today.

        Someone needs to get a photo of this PRONTO!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

          It wasn't the evil marketers that killed Toad. He's always been a reckless driver, he must've gotten in a horrible accident on the way back to Disneyland's Toad Hall.
          M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
          sigpic
          Flickr

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

            Toad is there, but that Pooh epitaph is a false rumor. He's in the back, but easy to spot because he looks to be made of metal while the originals look like concrete.

            Here's a picture with him in the near-center.



            Originally posted by FigmentJedi
            It wasn't the evil marketers that killed Toad. He's always been a reckless driver, he must've gotten in a horrible accident on the way back to Disneyland's Toad Hall.
            Toad was actually one of the better drivers in Florida due to the law of averages, thank you very much. It was one of those old retired biddies that flocks to the state like the flying roaches, not looking where they were going, that took him out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

              Here's a picture that a friend of mine snapped a little while back. I posted it in the Secrets of WDW thread.


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

                as cool as that is , i'm going to guess it would have been better if toad had never died in the first place

                My Maleficent tattoo


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

                  Originally posted by GrimmGreen
                  as cool as that is , i'm going to guess it would have been better if toad had never died in the first place
                  You are so right. I would much rather see Pooh in the grave yard (without his head) then to see the beloved Mr. Toad.
                  I found Jesus....He was behind the couch the whole time.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

                    he isn't made of metal. he's one of the big figs from disneyland and painted to look that way.

                    one of these things

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

                      ORWEN: Hmmm....I guess this is somebody's idea of a joke. But it didn't make us cauldron girls laugh.

                      ORDDU: Indeed it did not!! And it hasn't been able to get so much as a tiny smile from Mr. Toad, himself, either.

                      ORGOCH: Ya see, Ol' Toady's a friend ta us Cauldron gals. An' we can promise ya all he's alive 'n well!

                      ORWEN: Healthier than certain management types who have no idea how much the fans of Mr. Toad have been insulted by such a hideous suggestion that he could actually be dead.

                      ORDDU: Though management types don't have a grasp on this idea, we're certain that most Disney fans realize that all Disney characters are immortal and can never die.

                      ORGOCH: Got that right! Otherwise the two ya's would be six feet under by now--considerin' all the times I's tried ta rub ya out, my OWN dang self!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

                        As much as I love Tigger, I wish Mr Toad was back in Fantasyland as well.

                        BTW, where *is* the pet cemetary? I've never even noticed it before. I've always know about Disneyland's but not WDW's.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

                          Originally posted by aimster

                          BTW, where *is* the pet cemetary? I've never even noticed it before. I've always know about Disneyland's but not WDW's.
                          After you come off the ride when you get outside and look to your left and there's a little hillside. It's right there.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

                            are you able to go and see the markers? Or else why would they put say the one for toad if you cant read it?






                            ~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                            ~

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Mr. Toad laid to rest at the Haunted Mansion

                              Originally posted by SpookyBear
                              After you come off the ride when you get outside and look to your left and there's a little hillside. It's right there.
                              I am blind as a bat because I have NEVER seen this before in all the times I've been there!

                              And speaking of the Mansion... man is it in a sorry state! REFURB! REFURB!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X