Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Flash photography and manners: what's going on at WDW?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash photography and manners: what's going on at WDW?

Am I alone in thinking that 72 seperate flashes in one showing of Country Bears is too much?

Are people stupid enough to ruin Soarin' by taking pictures of the big white screen.

Is it right to spit at Leota's tombstone and get away with it, in front of your own parents?

If anyone's been paying attention, you may notice that today Scorchio is moaning.

In my recent trip to WDW I noticed I huge increase in rude people. Kids pushing in lines, kids spitting, parents spitting, flash photography in EVERY ride and show. Now, this happens a lot, but why do security not care?
    Yes
    77.42%
    No
    12.90%
    Everyone's afraid of being sued, including me.
    6.45%
    I couldn't care less, Scorhcio, shut up.
    3.23%

Re: Flash photography and manners: what's going on at WDW?

I imagine because there are a couple hundred of them to only a few security guards and unless a fight breaks out I just don't see them standing in.

Comment

I was taping soarin on my digital.. (No sound.. but i could screen shot it latter..)

and there were a lot of flashing going on... just as BPF, YoYoFlaingo, and the ledgendary bill....

Comment

yes, people are ruder. I think I covered that when I spoke about people standing in front of my wheel chair bound father during the Christmas parades. (yes, we were in the handicap spot). We would ask them to move and they would give us this look...like WE were the rude ones!! It's really sad cause you think Disney World of all places would be immune. But, no. .rude people just can't get the "Happiest place on earth" thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorchio
          Am I alone in thinking that 72 seperate flashes in one showing of Country Bears is too much?

Are people stupid enough to ruin Soarin' by taking pictures of the big white screen.

Is it right to spit at Leota's tombstone and get away with it, in front of your own parents?

If anyone's been paying attention, you may notice that today Scorchio is moaning.

In my recent trip to WDW I noticed I huge increase in rude people. Kids pushing in lines, kids spitting, parents spitting, flash photography in EVERY ride and show. Now, this happens a lot, but why do security not care?
          When I was a kid, it was angel or die. You HAD to listen to the rules :rules:, you HAD to not swear :!$#%:, and hitting :bash: would not be a warning, it would be an instant "Up to your room, missy/mister! What in the world happened

Problay going to use the avatar above during October, but Its soo cute I can't take my eyes away from it!

Comment

But, no. .rude people just can't get the "Happiest place on earth" thing
            LOL :lol: Your rite... but it just was really funny. I'm still a child you'd think I laugh so much :ot:

Problay going to use the avatar above during October, but Its soo cute I can't take my eyes away from it!

Comment

Which would you rather have... one or two people taking a picture during a ride (maybe four flashes in total... once every two minutes) or a big booming voice saying no Flash Photography every minute? I'll def take the flash over the voice any day, simply because, many attractions have PA systems that will disturb the entire ride. (all the cars on the ride or whatever you're riding in) If it gets excessive, sure, but you can't complain to guests every minute when they take a flash photo by muting the attraction's music.

Comment

Am I alone in thinking that 72 separate flashes in one showing of Country Bears is too much?
                No.
                Yes.
                No.

I don't think Security is watching all that carefully, or that they working more clandestinely than you realize. (Probably the former, sadly.)

Any other questions you want answers to, please bring them on!

Comment

Originally posted by captsmith84
                  Which would you rather have... one or two people taking a picture during a ride (maybe four flashes in total... once every two minutes) or a big booming voice saying no Flash Photography every minute? I'll def take the flash over the voice any day, simply because, many attractions have PA systems that will disturb the entire ride. (all the cars on the ride or whatever you're riding in) If it gets excessive, sure, but you can't complain to guests every minute when they take a flash photo by muting the attraction's music.
                  I would rather see them when exiting the ride get talked to or escoretd out of the park. All that rude stuff happens out here in ca. too..people are friggin idiots!!

Comment

I don't think the increase in flashes is due to rudeness, or cluelessness about the rules. It's VERY likely due to cluelessness with the camera itself.

It used to be, if you wanted a flash you had to put on a flashcube or flash bar, and then more recently you had to manually push a button to make the flash unit pop up out of ther camera's body.

But now, most of the newest cameras are so automatic, they leave the flash up to the "brain" inside the camera. If the light meter says it needs a flash, the "brain" will activate the flash.

I'll bet many people don't know that you can (or should) manually deactivate the flash, and that MOST don't know HOW to do it. They feel powerless as to whether or not the flash goes off.

Comment

Originally posted by CleveRocks
                      I'll bet many people don't know that you can (or should) manually deactivate the flash, and that MOST don't know HOW to do it. They feel powerless as to whether or not the flash goes off.
                      yeah, it takes a real bright one to read directions....

Comment

Here's your problem....

The human race is de-evolving.

Comment

the problem is two fold. digital cameras and people not knowing how to use them. in the olden days cameras took film and flash pictures and the flash had to be operated either as a cube or turned on.and with a roll of film you knew how many pictures you could take also pictures taken in the dark with flash didn't always come out well so you wasted film. now you have a camera that can take 500 pictures and people doing just that taking pictures of everything and anything that moves at the parks but they don't know how to use the camera properly so they keep it on auto and ... you get flash flash flash, click click insesantly. and if the picture doesn't come out they just delete it. you are told at the beginning of attractions no flash photography. i think they need signs up in the main languages as you enter so people can't say they don't understand english.

Comment

I think this goes in cycles to a certain degree. When my wife and I went on our honeymoon to WDW way back in 1990 (YIKES!), We did not see anything like this. Yet less than a year later, I had people from a tour group step in front of us while we were waiting for a parade to start and - LITERALLY - sat on my feet. That went along with people using flash cameras everywhere (since when does a camera flash help you take a picture through glass, take a picture of something hundreds of feet away, or of FIREWORKS!?! - that was before the advent of the digital camera BTW). Add to that the people yelling and being all crazy on the dark rides...what a beating!

Then, a few years later, it was back to "normal" with very few incidents like that. I did not notice the preponderance of flashes on my last trip (aside from an occasional person taking a flash picture). I hope we are not seeing a renaissance of rude and ignorant people.....

Comment

Did anyone else ever notice, that the older you get the more rude people there seem to be in the world?

I wonder how long that has been going on.
                              "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X