This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stitch animatronic.

I was just wondering, having been on Stitch's great escape a few weeks ago, is the stitch animatronic considered to be one of the most advanced in the world, because it really made the attraction worth the wait.

Re: Stitch animatronic.

I believe the Yeti in Expedition Everest and the Magma Monster in Journey to the Center of the Earth are the most advanced AA's.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySeas Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
      I believe the Yeti in Expedition Everest and the Magma Monster in Journey to the Center of the Earth are the most advanced AA's.
      You mean it wasn't Michael Eisner?

Sure, the thing broke down after 10 years, but it was still incredibly life-like back in the 80s!
      -Tim

Comment

The Stitch Animatronic is probably the best I have ever seen, though to be fair I have not seen the E;E Yeti yet nor the Magma Monster. I also thought the guns that follow stitch are amazing.

Comment

Considering Stitch's small size compared to the Yeti and Magma Monster... yeah I'd say he's pretty advanced.

Take for example... both the pirate auctioneer in POTC and Mickey in the Mickey Mouse Revue (now in Tokyo) both have the same number of funtions/motions they can perform (I read this ina book somewhere). But Mickey is much smaller so to cram all that into a little mouse compared to a life-sized human character is quite an achievement even though it's over 30 years old.

Comment

I would think Stitch is up there. While the Yeti has very fast, fluid movement he is massive. The Yeti is MUCH more than what is visible. Stich though is in a much smaller area. My biggest problem with Stitch though is he looks like he was made out of a carpet. If you are going to have a cartoon AA then either rethink the character's design a bit or make people sit further away.

Comment

I thought Stitch was pretty darn cool. I mean, it was like it was really him. Anymore lifelike, I would have jumped the stage and kidnapped him.

Comment

i think he is

Comment

I've only seen videos of Stitch but he does look very realistic. I've been fascinated by AA's since I was a kid so I always get a kick out of stuff like that.

Comment

I thought stitch was far too big.

Comment

I haven't seen him yet, but I will next week, God and weather willing.

Comment

Originally posted by tito View Post
                        I thought stitch was far too big.
                        You know, I have always thought that, but never said anything. I can also do without the chillydog smell.
                        Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

I also think that Iago and Zazu are too big...

Comment

I have to agree with Stitch looking too big. I think he moves so realistically but he isn't proportioned right. I'm thinking either Stitch or the Yeti win as far as most advanced. But has anyone seen the Captain Sparrow animotronics? I haven't but my friend says you would swear it's a real guy. I hear it moves more real than anything. True?
                            Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me on twitter at @blackiepueblo and listen to our free Entertainment Podcast "Studio Alley" http://www.newlineagestudios.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blackie Pueblo View Post
                              I have to agree with Stitch looking too big. I think he moves so realistically but he isn't proportioned right. I'm thinking either Stitch or the Yeti win as far as most advanced. But has anyone seen the Captain Sparrow animotronics? I haven't but my friend says you would swear it's a real guy. I hear it moves more real than anything. True?

The magma monster is also tied with the Yeti for being the most advanced. It has one of the most fluid motions you'll ever see in an AA. Not to mention it's capable of doing multiple actions at once.
                              ~ Tokyo DisneySeas Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X