This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I love the Fantasmic show, but fireworks would be a great addition! Wishes and IllumiNations are great but adding movie magic to a firework show would be a great twist.
    But we *did* have a decent fireworks show at D/MGM before Fantasmic! was brought to town. Illuminations aside, MGM's "Sorcery in the Sky" was basically the first expansive fireworks show presented over land at any Disney park, and to me, it was the originator and inspiration for DL's Believe. When giant Sorcerer Mickey rose above the Chinese Theater and his finger lit up in sparkling fireworks, it was to this day, one of the most magical sights ever created for a Disney fireworks show.

It's too sad that they felt "Fantasmic!' was enough to please the crowds at MGM. But at least they play "Fantasmic!" nightly, which is not the case at DL as far as I know.

Comment

They did show the fireworks show when park capacity was high.. (holidays.) that was it after fantasmic opened....

such a pitty.. i heard it was a grand show..

Comment

Sorcery was almost as good as Wishes... except it was a bit shorter & without the shaped fireworks. And that is saying something!

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
          When giant Sorcerer Mickey rose above the Chinese Theater and his finger lit up in sparkling fireworks, it was to this day, one of the most magical sights ever created for a Disney fireworks show.
          I liked how his finger was always a little crooked (for some reason, I thought that was funny). Every WDW firework show has a magestic moment and this was Sorcery's moment (RoE has the central torch and Wishes has that last note of the piece when you see all the shell go up from behind the castle).

i heard it was a grand show..
          It really was a grand show. For me, it's tied for my 3rd favorite (behind RoE, Remember, & tied with Wishes). The music in it was so great. In a way, the music is in the same format of Remember. They had a bit of original music mixed with hollywood music...but it blended perfectly. Is it better than Fantasmic, I don't know. Each of them is great and it is hard to compare a firework show to a night time spectacular. So I would have to say neither is better than the other.

-Michael
          Walt Disney

Comment

Yes. Sorcery was great. What I loved was that it completely captured what the park was supposed to be about. You had some Disney themes in the music, but most weren't ... they were great movie themes that almost anyone (regardless of age) would know. It was the perfect nightcap for a studio night ... and the Chinese Theater was a magical backdrop.

Fantasmic at WDW just leaves me cold. I hate the whole stadium concept. I hate the reliance on mid-90s movies (I love Pocahontas, but that scene has no place in the show). While I love the DL version, I only see the MGM show when I'm entertaining guests.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974
              Fantasmic at WDW just leaves me cold. I hate the whole stadium concept. I hate the reliance on mid-90s movies (I love Pocahontas, but that scene has no place in the show). While I love the DL version, I only see the MGM show when I'm entertaining guests.
              Thank you for this. We all, at FANT, hate the Poca part too. We have suggested a show change complete with storyline and design element proposals. So far, no one has bit.

Oh and if anyone has a question about something in the park....most likely the general CM you ask truly has no clue. Information exchange between those in the know and everyone else is very limited.
              As always, I urge everyone who is unhappy with the parks to make specific complaints while there. Documented complaints can affect change.

Comment

..and to do so, go to Guest relations at the parks or thru the Disneyworld.com site.

Comment

Let's all send e-mail saying we hate the poca-crap scene in Fantasmic!, are mad that they market Fantasmic! as a fireworks show, and want them to do a REAL fireworks show at the Studios, as well as bring in the Peter Pan scene to Fantasmic!

I'm sure they'll listen!

Comment

I am all for Peter at MGM's Fantasmic...as long as they bring the real Columbia Sailing Ship. Look how crappy that Steamboat looks at the end of our show as opposed to the glorious Mark Twain coming down the river bend....

Now I am really mad!

Comment

>>I'm sure they'll listen!<<
                      I am not sure they will. The attitude lately is ..."oh well, too bad, but thank you for your comments" and I am quoting what the guest relations CM told me when I complaint about that ugly crashed van scene next to WOD.

Comment

I guess I'm the only one who likes the Pocahontas segment. Oh and :cough:It's not marketed as a firework show:cough:
                        Journey into the colorful imagination of Mickey Mouse in this nighttime musical special effects extravaganza that is filled with Disney characters.
                        Category: Nighttime Entertainment
                        Experience the fun, fancy and fears of everybody's favorite heroic mouse as he battles the forces that turn his vibrant dreams into a vivid nightmare. Mickey faces off against Disney villains in a lavish spectacular of dancing water, dramatic music, breathtaking animation, lasers, fireworks and surprises.
                        Category: Nighttime Entertainment
                        Walt Disney

Comment

..and to do so, go to Guest relations at the parks or thru the Disneyworld.com site.
                          Actually, a written complaint in person when standing face-to-face with a Guest Relations CM or several, is taken more seriously than email, which usually get a very standard response.

Comment

>>I'm sure they'll listen!<<
                            I am not sure they will. The attitude lately is ..."oh well, too bad, but thank you for your comments" and I am quoting what the guest relations CM told me when I complaint about that ugly crashed van scene next to WOD.
                            I would NEVER allow that kind of response to stand. Instead, I would find out who the VP of Downtown Disney is (should be pretty simple) and phone, write, email that person. And also mention the GR CM by name because you can be sure the exec doesn't want to be bothered with your complaint and will take it out on him/her.

Seriously, I have learned with Disney (or any large company) you have to take your issues to someone with the power to change things. A vocal complaint to a guest relations CM, who would be lucky to make $10 an hour, isn't going to get Disney to remove or change the tacky display.

Comment

I am all for Peter at MGM's Fantasmic...as long as they bring the real Columbia Sailing Ship. Look how crappy that Steamboat looks at the end of our show as opposed to the glorious Mark Twain coming down the river bend....
                              True the steamboat looks bad. I am not sure what the story in CA's show is, but our steamboat is the boat from Steamboat Wilie. I did not realize that. It makes me wonder how many other people who see the show every day get it. Even so, it doesn't make that small boat any better in the show. I have larger boats in my bathtub.

Our proposal was something much more recent than Peter Pan. It would be quite a show if they bought it

Comment

Could you expand on "our proposal..."??

Comment

How can you not know it's the steamboat from Steamboat Willie? Steamboat Willie is 'driving' the boat himself!
                                  Walt Disney

Comment

We know. Most average guests would not even remember the name "Fantasmic!" half way thru the show, much less know that finale represents Mickey piloting "Steamboat Willie".

Comment

Actually, Dl's fantasmic is presented nightly, just not during off seasons, like christmas time, fall, winter etc. That's when it's shown on weekends....

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                                      ~

Comment

Originally posted by pyrone
                                        True the steamboat looks bad. I am not sure what the story in CA's show is, but our steamboat is the boat from Steamboat Wilie. I did not realize that. It makes me wonder how many other people who see the show every day get it. Even so, it doesn't make that small boat any better in the show. I have larger boats in my bathtub.

Our proposal was something much more recent than Peter Pan. It would be quite a show if they bought it
                                        I believe you're talking about the Pirates of the Caribbean movie tie-in proposal... correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X