X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDLFAN
    replied
    Re: Refurbs baby!

I will believe there are major refurbishing coming to WDW when I actually see it done for good.

Leave a comment:

• Taggart
    replied

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    If there were cracks in the track on Space Mountain ... it would NOT be open.
    Exactly. If there were, it wouldn't pass state inspection. Second, it would have to be some of the weakest steel around. There are steel coasters far older than that one that still run strong to this day. Most of them are also outside and some are even portable!

I doubt the cracks are in the actual track. Stress fractures in the truss system though, that's another story.

Leave a comment:

• sir clinksalot
    replied

If there were cracks in the track on Space Mountain ... it would NOT be open.

Leave a comment:

• Mouse princess
    replied

Well- if this is true this is great news!

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
    hm... this would definently make the whole idea weird and make no sence... the way i see it now, this was before the movie... but nif they add those 2, then its after the trillogy... and then.. ok my brain hurts...
    Exactly why I am opposed to adding Will and Elizabeth, but have been in full support of Jack.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied

hm... this would definently make the whole idea weird and make no sence... the way i see it now, this was before the movie... but nif they add those 2, then its after the trillogy... and then.. ok my brain hurts...

Leave a comment:

• Cmash95
    replied

I like pirates the way it is for the most part. there are a couple of things I would tweek if I could but show wise I like what is there. adding more would only confuse the storyline I think.

Leave a comment:

• MickeyMania
    replied

Yes, but we're talking about AL here, so I wouldn't hold my head underwater until it happens.

Why in the world would they be adding Kiera and Legolas? They're the sideshow to Johnny's main event. Few people went to Pirates because they were big fans of their characters. Give me a Sparrow VS Jones duel instead.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied

Mom.. sarcasm has smilies like the wink

Leave a comment:

• Taggart
    replied

LMAO well... don't I feel stupid now......

Leave a comment:

• Hamlet Schmalzbach
    replied

exciting news...IMHO SP should come first.

Leave a comment:

• Cmash95
    replied

for those of you who didn't realize it, i was being sarcastic about spending money on speakers. I hope they upgrade the sound system. heck the stereo in my son's 10 year old car is better than what I hear on pirates and HM. at least the last time I was on HM the pop ups were working but the sound kept cutting in and out

Leave a comment:

• Taggart
    replied

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
    after all why should al want to waist precious dollars on something as trivial as a sound system?
    I couldn't disagree more. I do think that adding Keira and Orlando is kind of stupid but sound is so important to the effect of immersion in which makes most Disney attractions great.

Speakers weren't made back then to have the life that they have had in the Disney attractions. They diaphrams were mostly built of natural rubber and paper and through constant vibration would eventually become worn. The new speakers they are putting in are kevlar which have a very VERY long life, not to mention dynamic range as well.

I don't mean to bore you with numbers, but it is well worth mentioning because I haven't seen anyone take this point before:

Speakers from the 70's and past weren't built to have the sound dynamic range that speakers today are built for. The human ear can hear 20hz-20khz. 20hz is low bass and 20khz is high sizzle.

The old speakers cut out around 120hz. While this is fine and they still could portray music and sound, they do not get to the bass end of the spectrum. It would be like you turning the bass on your car stereo all the way down or for another analogy, it would be like trying to drink soda from a coffee straw. The same goes for the highs. The old speakers were by far sub-par by today's standards.

In the Disneyland refurb, all the speakers have a range of around 40hz-22khz and then they added some subwoofers to fill the 20hz-40hz void and give everything a nice rumble.

In other words, now people are hearing the full end of the sound. I think Walt Disney World needs to step up as well.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied

hmm.. why do i fear Jungle movie references from a movie not done yet being added to the cruise... oh well...

Bring in the rehab trailers and trucks!!!

then we can ride HM more and more, and make it run down even worse, and make them fix it up!

Leave a comment:

• flynnibus
    replied

HM needs it more. Tho I wish they would redo the pre and post shows in SM. The ride itself is not that bad.. but in HM its wayyyy dated and intermitant.

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
    space mountain needs a whole new system. it may be down early if they aren't careful. there are cracks in the track and if the cracks get any bigger they won't be safe to ride.
    Where did you hear this?

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

after all why should al want to waist precious dollars on something as trivial as a sound system?
    So we can actually hear the ride?

Leave a comment:

• WFoxx
    replied

I would love to see HM get a makeover like its Paris cousin or even combine Paris and DL. My ultimate dream would to have SM be redone like Paris DL the effects and the rid e is just awesome.

Leave a comment:

• kcnole
    replied

I can't decide which ride I want to be refurbed first, Space Mountain or Haunted Mansion. Both of them need it desperately, but I'd rather wait another year or two and have them done right, then do them quicker and the the piecemeal treatment we've gotten in the past.

I can say that I'm excited about the direction the parks are headed over the next five years. No major rides, but major money put into bringing old classics up to standard.

Leave a comment:

• Cmash95
    replied

space mountain needs a whole new system. it may be down early if they aren't careful. there are cracks in the track and if the cracks get any bigger they won't be safe to ride. I read the article too and frankly i hope the pirates stuff doesn't happen. johnny depp is ok but we don't need kiera or orlando. as far as what disneyland did vs disney world. the soundsystem at disneyland was shot because of leeks in the roof over the years, plus that system was original to the ride. WDW is only 30 years old so it doesn't need to be totally redone. just a little reworking should do ok. after all why should al want to waist precious dollars on something as trivial as a sound system?

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X