This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Wilderness Lodge bedroom!

Everyone knows how crazy a Disney fan can be sometimes. We all have Disney pictures hanging on our walls, Mickey coffee mugs, maybe a toaster, but there comes a time when we have the opportunity to upgrade.

I heard about mousesurplus on here a few months ago. I checked out their e-bay site just for fun, and that's when I saw it: an entire WL bedroom set. I had been looking for a bigger bed, plus the Lodge is my favorite WDW resort, so I did what any good Disney fan would do - bought it! The furniture took two months to leave the warehouse, but it was worth the wait. I now introduce to you my new bedroom:

The bed has a few scratches, but otherwise is in great shape.

I found the mission lamp a lowes.

Pretty!

Remember the mirror in the bathroom?

It even came with the comforter and curtains!

I'm slowly adding WL pictures.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

Re: My new Wilderness Lodge bedroom!

That is awesome, I love mission style furniture. We almost did our bedroom in mission too but decided to do the living room and dining room instead. That armoire is great!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Wow! Thanks for sharing! That's so cool! I didn't even know you could buy this stuff. I am going to go check that site out.
      Originally posted by larasound
      am I the burrito man?

Comment

You are so lucky. I wanted one of those bedroom sets SO badly...but I had no way to get it home at the time (long drive) and now that it is not so long I have no place to put it.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Magic View Post
          That is awesome, I love mission style furniture. We almost did our bedroom in mission too but decided to do the living room and dining room instead. That armoire is great!
          Mission has such a lived-in feel. You aren't afraid to use it, like some other decor styles. I bet those rooms look great.
          - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
            You are so lucky. I wanted one of those bedroom sets SO badly...but I had no way to get it home at the time (long drive) and now that it is not so long I have no place to put it.
            Oh no! Where did you move? (I'm assuming close to Orlando).
            - Walt Disney

Comment

Wow.. get the good deal on it? or pay their older price??

I wish i could have some stuff from contemp...

(if you think this is neat, you should see someone's dorm...)

Comment

I paid the older price ($499), and was sad when I saw it had been marked down even farther. But it's here and done with, so I'm okay with that.

Your dorm is decked out? Everything Disney or just a specific theme?

The Contemporary needs to be renovated so their old stuff can go on e-bay.
                - Walt Disney

Comment

I LOVE that armoir (did I even spell that right?). gorgeous!!

Comment

Oh man! I am so glad to see that! Thank you very much for sharing your new bedroom! Since you sent it to VA, may I ask how much it cost for your shipping company to pick up and deliver items?

I really like the furniture from the Poly too and since yoyo and I stayed at a room that wasn't refurbed we saw it and I would really love to snag some of those items. Hopefully you can help me talk him into it... ?? :cwink:

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
                      I LOVE that armoir (did I even spell that right?). gorgeous!!
                      I can't spell, so it looks good to me!
                      - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                        Oh man! I am so glad to see that! Thank you very much for sharing your new bedroom! Since you sent it to VA, may I ask how much it cost for your shipping company to pick up and deliver items?
                        Shipping was $560. I was afraid that things would arrive damaged, but everything was well packaged.

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
                        I really like the furniture from the Poly too and since yoyo and I stayed at a room that wasn't refurbed we saw it and I would really love to snag some of those items. Hopefully you can help me talk him into it... ?? :cwink:
                        Waiting for my furniture to arrive was a pain, but now that I have it I am so happy that I did this. Come on Yoyo. It's not just a cool bedroom set, it's an actual piece of Disney World. Go for it!
                        - Walt Disney

Comment

Two months to leave the warehouse? That's really inexcusable and is considered fraud by the government.

Mouse Surplus generally packs things very badly and they often arrive damaged. UPS considers their shipments to be "salvage" and only offers 20 cents on the POUND for damage, so if you bought something and it's damaged, good luck.

Comment

UPS didn't ship it. Supposedly they were having problems with UPS and had to transfer the items to another shipping company (hence the two month delay). It probably would have been quicker and easier on the furniture if I had driven down to FL to pick it up myself, but I didn't have the time. Plus I coudn't have driven all the way down there and not gone to WDW.
                            - Walt Disney

Comment

That's neat. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X