• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sealsm
    replied
    Re: My new Wilderness Lodge bedroom!

Originally posted by Hamlet Schmalzbach View Post
    I wonder if they are ever going to get rid of those really comfy WL lobby chairs? Man, I really had a great mid-afternoon nap on one of those during a rest from the park. Your body just sort of molds into it...which is the making of the perfect chair IMHO.

Those chairs are fabulous! The lobby rugs would be really cool to get a hold of, too. I think Disney has them sent away to be rewoven when they get worn, though.

Leave a comment:

• sealsm
    replied

Originally posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    I meant to ask - did you get any lamps? If so, what condition were they? I was thinking about ordering a couple of buffalo lamps for my husband for Christmas. My biggest reservation (pun intended) is the shipping again. I'm in so-cal, which might have been my problem in the first place?

I got two buffalo lamps that were is pretty good condition, though I haven't tried in lightbulbs to see if they work. Mousesurplus said they might need new cords. Lampshades were not included.

Leave a comment:

• Hamlet Schmalzbach
    replied

I wonder if they are ever going to get rid of those really comfy WL lobby chairs? Man, I really had a great mid-afternoon nap on one of those during a rest from the park. Your body just sort of molds into it...which is the making of the perfect chair IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• Neverlandtink
    replied

Originally posted by sealsm View Post
    Makes you treat the room furniture a little different now, doesn't it? I remember how we used to hang wet towels on the armoire doors to dry, never thinking anyone would end up with it in their home.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the bed. At least you got your money back, but it's a shame that it took so long.

It's so fun having that armoire. Not only is it beautiful, but it's huge! I've been able to store my extra blankets and afgans as well. You're right, it does make us treat even our room differently.

I meant to ask - did you get any lamps? If so, what condition were they? I was thinking about ordering a couple of buffalo lamps for my husband for Christmas. My biggest reservation (pun intended) is the shipping again. I'm in so-cal, which might have been my problem in the first place?

Leave a comment:

• sealsm
    replied

Originally posted by NASAMan View Post
    I made a montage to hang in the room of pictures inside and out of the Wilderness Lodge, and even talked the desk clerk out of one of those hotel cards on the back of the door to put on mine!
    That's too cool!

Leave a comment:

• NASAMan
    replied

Originally posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    Two months to leave the warehouse? That's really inexcusable and is considered fraud by the government.

Mouse Surplus generally packs things very badly and they often arrive damaged. UPS considers their shipments to be "salvage" and only offers 20 cents on the POUND for damage, so if you bought something and it's damaged, good luck.
    I don't think that is that Mouse Surplus packs things badly. I purchased a set when it was first announce. Being in the middle of a move already, I asked if I could pick up the firniture with my already rented truck. My son, sister-in-law and I went to Orlando from the Space Coast, and were told to go to the warehouse and pick out what we want. The manager out there said we were lucky as they just pack the closest thing to the door to send out. It was almost overwhelming! We literally looked at several hundred pieces of furniture to pick out the set we wanted, and the staff there was kind enough to get the pieces even though some were buried deep. I asked about the damage, and the manager said that was how they came from Disney. This is not to make excuses for MS, but just offers an explanation.
    Our furniture is in our new spare 'Lodge Room'. I made a montage to hang in the room of pictures inside and out of the Wilderness Lodge, and even talked the desk clerk out of one of those hotel cards on the back of the door to put on mine!

Leave a comment:

• sealsm
    replied

Originally posted by Neverlandtink View Post
    I love my armoire though! We stayed at the WL last December and little did I know we'd have a piece of it by the summer.
    Makes you treat the room furniture a little different now, doesn't it? I remember how we used to hang wet towels on the armoire doors to dry, never thinking anyone would end up with it in their home.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the bed. At least you got your money back, but it's a shame that it took so long.

Leave a comment:

• Neverlandtink
    replied

Sealsm, about your shipping, I had the same problem!! We ordered two armoires, a bed and a bedspread. The auction closed May 14, and after SEVERAL phone calls and ignored e-mails we got everything but the bed on July 7. One of the armoire drawers disintegrated when we pulled it out. Carol at Mouse Surplus was always very nice on the phone, but her actions proved otherwise. We sent pictures of the broken drawer, and I asked for the bed to be sent but it never happened. Finally, I "sicked" my husband on her. Within a few days we received a new drawer and a refund for the bed + shipping.

I was glad Carol resolved the matter, but it took her 4 months to do it. So unprofessional! I hope they can work it out as they grow, but they have a long way to go!

I love my armoire though! We stayed at the WL last December and little did I know we'd have a piece of it by the summer. [/quote]

Leave a comment:

• Neverlandtink
    replied

Sealsm, I had the same problem!! We ordered two armoires, a bed and a bedspread. The auction closed May 14, and after SEVERAL phone calls and ignored e-mails we got everything but the bed on July 7. One of the armoire drawers disintegrated when we pulled it out. Carol at Mouse Surplus was always very nice on the phone, but her actions proved otherwise. We sent pictures of the broken drawer, and I asked for the bed to be sent but it never happened. Finally, I "sicked" my husband on her. Within a few days we received a new drawer and a refund for the bed + shipping.

I was glad Carol resolved the matter, but it took her 4 months to do it. So unprofessional! I hope they can work it out as they grow, but they have a long way to go!

I love my armoire though! We stayed at the WL last December and little did I know we'd have a piece of it by the summer.

Leave a comment:

• sealsm
    replied

Originally posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    Just think of all those Honeymooners who came before you. Reason enough!
    Yuck! No way - new mattress was a must.

Leave a comment:

• sealsm
    replied

[quote=captsmith84;948392]He's talking about Bill's place...

He has the same furniture you bought and tons of Disney stuff on top of that.
    quote]

Ah, I see. I'm sure he had an easier time getting his furniture home.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied

Originally posted by Cousin Orville View Post
    Like you would keep the sheets and matress... i would replace it with that memory cells stuff... or those air matresses that adjust to your sleep level... lol

hmm.. I think the office has a few inches of room left for an old dresser... lol

Leave a comment:

• Cousin Orville
    replied

Leave a comment:

• captsmith84
    replied

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
    Wow.. get the good deal on it? or pay their older price??

I wish i could have some stuff from contemp...

(if you think this is neat, you should see someone's dorm...)
    He's talking about Bill's place...

He has the same furniture you bought and tons of Disney stuff on top of that.

I know a few of you have been there...

Leave a comment:

• Cmash95
    replied

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
    You really don't need that Garrage and formal dining room do you?
    well we need the garage for all the cars in the family the dining room??? it's not that big and wouldn;t take him too long to have it jammed floor to ceiling with " collectibles" and " pieces of history"

Leave a comment:

• Jerren
    replied

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
    thank heavens figment doesn't have the room for funiture. I would hate to have my house filled with disney leftovers.
    You really don't need that Garrage and formal dining room do you?

Leave a comment:

• sealsm
    replied

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
    Say, did they tell you when they shipped it??

how long did it take for them to tell you if they had a problem with shipping??

(Waiting for a piece of history to arrive at my house)
    Here's what went down:
    Three weeks after the auction ended I had not received any word about anything, so I started calling the office. They said it would be shipped over the weekend, but it wasn't, so I called again. Same thing happened that time, so I sent an e-mail and that's when they informed me that they were having to switch shipping companies due to problems with UPS (that was August 11). The stuff was shipped through Forward Logistics. The auction ended on June 25th and the furniture arrived August 18th. E-mailing seemed to be more effective than calling. I hope you get your history soon!

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied

Originally posted by Cmash95 View Post
    thank heavens figment doesn't have the room for funiture. I would hate to have my house filled with disney leftovers.
    oh??

I can make room for new disney furniture...

Leave a comment:

• Cmash95
    replied

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied

Originally posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    The furniture has to be picked up or shipped through your OWN shipping company that you arrange.
    this aint furnuiture... this is a black box with 4 choices.. A B C and D...

the auction ended and said it will be shipped Via UPS... and that was September 7th 12:00a.m.

Mind you, this is being shipped accross the state...

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X