X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horizonsfan92
    replied
    Re: Pick And Choose Your Main Street!!!

^^^Yes, please keep close to the original discussion; talking about lil' whipper-snappers getting tattos isn't even remotely close to the original subject...... Have a flippin' sweet time votin'!

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Exactly why all these teens and 20-somethings getting tatoos and piercings all over, are gonna be in for a load of regret in the future.
    Read an article that it's up at least 8% now compared to the previous generation and they aren't really considered "shocking" or as much as they once were. Me? I'm still scared so much of needles I don't even have holes in my ears to wear earrings!

Ok.. back on the topic of my favorite place in WDW's MK - Main Street!

Leave a comment:

• WDW1974
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Life is full of tough choices. You make the wrong one? You *have* to live with it for the rest of your life.

Exactly why all these teens and 20-somethings getting tatoos and piercings all over, are gonna be in for a load of regret in the future.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Life is full of tough choices. You make the wrong one? You *have* to live with it for the rest of your life.

Leave a comment:

• horizonsfan92
    replied

Sorry! I don't know how to. If someone else does, please tell me!

Leave a comment:

• cooknthyme
    replied

Oops - i didn't mean to click Main Street should have no attractions, I will not vote for any of them! if you can delete that for me.

Leave a comment:

• main street magic
    replied

You said you would not include the arcades, yet there is one in the Frontierland poll? I'm confused....

Leave a comment:

• MPierce
    replied

Nice polls horizonfan92. I can tell a lot of thought went into each one. I voted in all of them.

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied

Originally posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
    The entertainment is just that, entertainment (darn good; at that!). The way I've done this is to have most of what is on the park maps. Exceptions would be wait time board and city hall. It's great that people are really thinking about these polls!
    But entertainment is the best part!! :cwink:

Leave a comment:

• bluejayx
    replied

You forgot the Railroads

Leave a comment:

• horizonsfan92
    replied

Glad to hear people's thoughts. Just to give my two cents (again):

A "History of disneyland" could be created for a new park. It would probably not be too large but still, you could have concept drawings, models, etc.

The entertainment is just that, entertainment (darn good; at that!). The way I've done this is to have most of what is on the park maps. Exceptions would be wait time board and city hall. It's great that people are really thinking about these polls!

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied

Why would the history of Disneyland belong in a new park? I only really see it fit at Disneyland because if you put it somewhere else guests will confuse it with where they actually are.

Also, you left out Main Street entertainment - The Dapper Dans of Main Street, the mayor, etc.

Leave a comment:

• horizonsfan92
    replied

None of my polls pertain to just WDW(see TL poll). This is just a fictional DL created in god-knows-where. I don't know that it belongs in DL section only. When I say the DL story I am NOT talking about the current exhibit at DL Calif. I mean an exhibit which would talk about the design and history of THAT Disneyland. Sorry for the confusion.

Leave a comment:

• aimster
    replied

Why should the history of Disneyland be at WDW? Seems a little out of place.

Leave a comment:

• barfownz
    replied

I voted for what main street has now. So main street is already perfect.

Leave a comment:

• TTFN92
    replied

I had never thought about America Sings as being on MS, but I think it fits perfectly! I wish they would bring that ride back. I have to say that Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln belongs there because it has always been there, at DL at least. It's a perfect fit though. I wouldn't consider the Penny Arcade and attraction. I just think of it as one of the shops that you go into.

Leave a comment:

• sealsm
    replied

I voted for penny arcade, because it reflects the time and feel of Main St. I always go up into the train station to play with the old penny machines because it's something I never get to do anywhere else and helps immerse me in the Main St experience.

Leave a comment:

• horizonsfan92
    replied

Glad to get some imput! I didn't know whether or not to include The American Adventure, mainly because of the size of it and because it's a major epcot attraction. Stupid reasoning, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• JiminyCricketFan
    replied

Personally, I believe that Main Street should be a slice of Americana. It should reflect the values and energy of what America is and should be. I think that an attraction that highlights the best of America would fit perfectly there. While I voted for the Hall of Presidents, ideally I would prefer a show like the American Adventure. While I think America has had some great Presidents, I think there have been many more great writers, inventors, and pioneers. I love how the American Adventure brings those people to life.

I am not a fan of cloning, so my perfect American Adventure would be new, with new hosts. Personally I love the idea of integrating a character who would appeal more to children. Like the story Ben and Me. The idea of having a mouse who knew all the people of the past and could introduce them to the audience. I know that this would be a whole new attraction, but I guess that is what I am getting at.

Leave a comment:

• horizonsfan92
    started a poll Pick And Choose Your Main Street!!!

Pick And Choose Your Main Street!!!

America Sings
    8.33%
    Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln
    7.99%
    The Walt Disney Story / One Man's Dream
    13.54%
    Main Street Vehicles
    16.32%
    Plaza Swan Boats
    6.94%
    Main Street Cinema
    14.93%
    Penny Arcade
    15.28%
    The Hall of Presidents
    5.90%
    History of Disneyland / The Disneyland Story
    10.42%
    Main Street should have no attractions, I will not vote for any of them!
    0.35%
    Well I finally found time for my next poll; main street. This one's going to be designed a bit diferrently but please participate in it. If you haven't voted or given your opinion on the other polls PLEASE do so. Alright let me try to explain this:

The scenario: Disney is planning a new park(NOT FOR REAL, DON'T FLIP OUT, ALL RIGHT, I WILL STOP TYPING IN CAPS...now). They are surveying people to find out what attractions should be included in each land. For main Street there's an option for those of us who feel MS shouldn't have any attractions. Keep in mind that Main Street in the past has usually had one C-D ticket attraction, usually located on the right side of Town Square, and a couple of B-tickets. This MS would probably follow this tradition. I've included America Sings as an option because it was well liked, purely just out of place in Tomorrowland. If you have questions ask! And let the fun begin!!!

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X