This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I have a question

I was talking to my cousin last night and she mentioned she still has a non-expiring parkhopper pass that has 1 day left on it from when she came down to WDW with some friends a couple years ago. It doesn't have her name on it. She'd like to send it to me to use since she won't be back down this way for a loooong time. Would I be able to use it? I'm assuming since it doesn't have her name on it I could?

Re: Ok I have a question

Disney says no...but it should work.... (since it doesn't have biometrics attatched I presume..)

Comment

Well the pass is like 2 and a half years old and now they have that new single finger scanner thingy so....

I told her to send it as she has no use for it now.

Comment

In theory if its non expiring you can always use it but you may have to go to guest services outside the park to trade it in for a new one. It will only be good for those parks that where open when it was purchased. So in theory you may e able to use it. let us know how you make out.
        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
          In theory if its non expiring you can always use it but you may have to go to guest services outside the park to trade it in for a new one. It will only be good for those parks that where open when it was purchased. So in theory you may e able to use it. let us know how you make out.
          It should work... they been using the same style ticket for a while.. at least since 2000... on top of that, no new parks have opened since AK back in the 90s... it should work....

Comment

I have a passport with one unused day on it from the late 80's! Theyr'e not supposed to expire and I've always wondered if I could show up at the parks and use it!

Comment

Yeah like I said.. the pass is from only 2 years ago (2004). So it's pretty much the same style as what's used now. I'll take it with me when I go next month (I still have 1 day left on my 3 Day Play pass I bought this year) and stop at Guest Relations and see if anything needs to be done. Not going to tell them my cousin gave it to me... I'll just tell them I forgot I had it or something like that.

Comment

I thought they initiated the "pass expires 13 days after first use" thing before 2000? I could be wrong, and I probably am. Just wanted to throw that out there. But I do miss the old days when passes NEVER expired (late 80's early 90's for me).
                sigpic

Kongalush! To all you fellow adventurers out there!

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentFruitcake View Post
                  I thought they initiated the "pass expires 13 days after first use" thing before 2000? I could be wrong, and I probably am. Just wanted to throw that out there. But I do miss the old days when passes NEVER expired (late 80's early 90's for me).
                  I think that it was first started in 2005 if I'm not mistaken. While I miss it it just isn't worth me adding it as an option now. I miss the park hopper being part of the pass more than the no expiration but won't pay extra for either (cost are high enough).
                  Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
                  sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X