X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Locke
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedway
    OK, I could access the Contemp and Floridian from the Magic Kingdom monorail, I have directions to AKL, how about the other resort resturaunts? Are there signs?
    I don't know about the others but Ohana at the Polynesian is on the same monorail as the Contemp and Floridian and Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge has a boat that goes there from the Magic Kingdom.

Leave a comment:

• Mouse princess
    replied
    The Brown Derby is really good, as is Chefs de France. I did not enjoy Coral Reef. although every where it received rave reviewds, I did not think the food or the experience was reflected in the cost.

Leave a comment:

• Speedway
    replied
    OK, I could access the Contemp and Floridian from the Magic Kingdom monorail, I have directions to AKL, how about the other resort resturaunts? Are there signs?

Leave a comment:

• Neon Cactus
    replied
    Going off of your original post, I would recommend going with 50s Prime Time or Mama Melrose's at the Studios. Brown Derby is good, but if EPCOT is too upmarket, I'd put it in that category.

For resort restaurants, I'd go with Boma, Ohana or Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied
    If that is a question, all four are correct for their respecitve repsorts.

Leave a comment:

• Speedway
    replied
    I'm sayin Boma is at AKL, Ohana is at Polynesian, 1900 is Floridian and Chef Mickeys is Contemp?

Leave a comment:

• JiminyCricketFan
    replied
    Top Choices

I will order my responses:

1) Boma-- Top choice. It is a great adventure in food. I believe it is the favorite for CM's at Disney too.

2) 'Ohana-- It has a wonderful Hawaiian theme that both kids and adults love. Kids activities too.

3) Whispering Canyon -- This is at Wilderness Lodge and a great memory maker. Loved by one and all.

4) 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey -- Both are great for Characters. Food is OK.

If you have not done Hoop Dee Do, then I would spurge and put that on the schedule. It is a dinner show that kids and adults love.

Leave a comment:

• Speedway
    replied
    Soooooooo...........any narrowing down?

Leave a comment:

• sneakerspray
    replied
    O'hanas! I'm trying to talk my wife into returning this summer just to get back there

Also loved the 50's diner and the sci fi drive in. Mmmmmmm......

Leave a comment:

• yoyoflamingo
    replied
    Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club is my new favorite.

Leave a comment:

• karliebug
    replied
    O'hanas, Hollywood and Vine, Liberty tree tavern in MK

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied
    Citricos and Ohana are also wonderful eateries.

Leave a comment:

• ni_teach
    replied
    I would like to second the recommendation for Boma at AKL

It was the best meal we had at WDW.

Leave a comment:

• WDW1974
    replied
    Anyone is welcome to dine at any WDW resort whether you are staying there or not. Driving is usually preferable to Disney transport. But resort restaurants are MUCH better than what you'll get in the theme parks, with the exception of Epcot.

When it comes to dining, everyone's tastes are different. I hate most of the quick serve places at WDW, but realize the average guest loves dem chicken fingers, burgers and mass-produced pizza.

My Top 10 restautants at WDW:
    1.) California Grill;
    2.) Jiko;
    3.) Artist Point;
    4.) Yachtsman Steakhouse
    5.) Boma;
    6.) Chefs de France;
    7.) Le Cellier;
    8.) Brown Derby;
    9.) Narcoosee's;
    10.) Kona Cafe;

and I could easily see putting places like Coral Reef, Palios, Shula's, Bluezoo, Spoodles, and any of the World Showcase places in my next 10 ... in other words, there are lots of great choices!

Leave a comment:

• seenoevil
    replied
    At the studios, I like Hollywood & Dine and the 50's Prime Time.

Boma is excellent! To get there by car, just before you turn right to get to Animal Kingdom, you'll see the hotel straight ahead.

At MK, I loved eating in the castle! Cinderella's Table? You can try to make priority seating ahead of time, but we've always managed to make same day "reservations."

EPCOT we like the Italian restaurant. The food is good, but the waiters are bellisimo!

Leave a comment:

• BigDaddyKyle
    replied
    I would think about taking the young ones to Chef Mickey's at the Contemprorary. Its buffet style all u can eat, and it has character dining constantly going on!

Leave a comment:

• Speedway
    replied
    Ok, so you recommend resort hotels. Now, for a family staying off-site, how would we proceed about getting to say, the Contemporary? My only idea would be to go to the Magic Kingdom for the day, get the monorail to Contemp, and then get the monorail again back to TTC. Any others? Like, how would we get to AKL, bearing in mind I cannot remember seeing directions to resort hotels before!

Leave a comment:

• Not Afraid
    replied
    My two favorite nice restaurants at WDW are Boma at AKL and California Grill at the Contemporary. Boma is much more kid friendly that CG, but CG gives you a great view of Wishes and the little lake light parade.

Leave a comment:

• Speedway
    replied
    Boma, eh? Hmm. I will check that out. I will also look into the Sci-Fi. Sorry, thanks for your advice and help!
    Last edited by Speedway; 05-03-2005, 10:36 AM. Reason: poor manners

Leave a comment:

• LSPoorEeyorick
    replied
    On the contrary, EPCOT has some very kid-appropriate dining establishments. If your family likes seafood (or even if only some of them do, as other stuff is available) the Coral Reef restaurant at the Living Seas has a huge wall view into the aquarium, and was great even for my 15-member extended family with kids spanning from 6mo to 12 yr.

The sci-fi drive-in restaurant (the name escapes me) at the Studios is a very fun family spot with oodles of atmosphere and a tasty menu. If you aren't inclined towards EPCOT, this will be an experience you won't forget.

Really, though, I'd suggest eating at one of the resorts instead/as well. Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge has exciting design and cuisine, as well as simple American food for kids and the less-adventurous. If you're looking for posh-family-appropriate, it hardly gets better than this.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X